INDIA : I league and ISL attendances

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by napolisoccer, Oct 18, 2014.

1. napolisoccer

napolisoccer Member

NYCFC - Napoli
    Feb 20, 2005
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    sokorny repped this.
  2. sokorny

sokorny Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Westerm Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    The crowds for the I League aren't that bad, considering the level of football played. Is the level of football better or worse than the ISL? The crowds for the ISL have been great, although the few games I have caught on TV the standard of play has been quite poor (fast paced and lots of action, but really poor control and execution, even by some of the international players).

3. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Thats because most of the Foreign players are semi-retired or came out of retirement ;)

4. sokorny

sokorny Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Westerm Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    True. Pires still looked quite tidy on the ball ... didn't have the speed anymore but still had the control (you don't really lose that, just some of your decision making might be slower and the legs don't move as fast).

James' needs to do something about his haircut ... unless he's trying to compete with Ronaldo (the 'phenomenon' ) for the worst hair cuts we've seen in football.

The A-League in Australia allows 5 foreign players, and probably only really in the last 2 or 3 seasons have we started to see some of the domestic players step up (however there has been a fair bit of work behind the scenes by the FFA to improve the standard of coaching and training at all junior levels across the nation too). So probably another 3 or 5 seasons before the higher quality youth players start to come through.

Is the Indian administrators looking at more than just the premier comps (are they even involved in the Super League)? I understand the Super League teams had to pick so many local players (based on regions not the nation), so that was a good start. Are the locals improving any though ... or will it be a few more seasons before any fruit of the labours will be seen?

5. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    I dont think the structure of Indian football allows much development of Youth.
    the ISL is a revenue generated league, it although requires you to have Indian players, but allowing 7-8 (dont quote me) foreign players doesnt really allow the senior Indian players to develop let alone the next crop of National players.

An A-league type structure for Indian football would be ideal, less number of teams, less number of foreigners and youth league.