Increased Costa Living - The Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Ninjatend0, Jan 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    it's basically fabregas in a 3-5-2 or willian in a 3-4-3, and personally i much prefer the 3-4-3 in that circumstance right now. hazard just isn't as effective when there are only two main attacking options, not unless they can pull off a nifty flick in to space which we just aren't getting reliably, and honestly shouldn't expect to. one of the things that makes hazard special is how he draws defenders in, if there isn't a third option to pass to and worry about, hazard just gets smothered.

also, sorry cahill, but your time is up (when everyone else is healthy at least).

2. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would be tho...

--------------------Giroud---Morata---------------
    ------------------------Hazard-----------------------
    Alonso------------------------------------Zappacosta
    -------------------Baka-----Kante-------------------
    --------Rudy-----Christensen-----Azpi----------
    -------------------------Courtois---------------------

Morata can operate wide or drop in or play through the middle waiting for a cross. Giroud can play the classic 9 and still capable of keeping the ball on the deck. Then Hazard floats but has two options up top to link with.

Wingbacka would have a field day with crosses. Baka and Kante sit deep. Could switch Baka for Drinkwater as well.

Ninjatend0 repped this.
  3. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Giroud and Morata aren’t a great pairing imho.

4. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think they could coexist well enough. I'd like to see it. Willian and Cesc are out... Pedro has been struggling. Our other attacking options are Barkley and Drinkwater. So it's actual our best attacking players in an 11 at the moment. It's worth a shot. Doesn't have to be the end all of be alls. Just a game or two after training in it.

5. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  6. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'll just say if I'm Eden Hazard, I'm out. I've got a foot out the door unless I get confirmation we're making a couple of blockbuster signings and Conte is gone.

sabresrule30 repped this.
  7. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Why would he want Conte gone?

stanger and Wrath repped this.
  8. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Not a big fan of playing Morata and Giroud to start a match because we still only have 2 recognized strikers.

9. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    i actually don't mind the idea of a front 3 of hazard Giroud and Morata. i think if they could get their movements right it could be effective and put a lot of pressure on opposing defenses. plus you have two big targets for crosses, and Giroud can link up well with Morata able to run off of him. Morata may have to start a little wide right, but that would be mostly in a defensive shape.

it really may be the best option until Willian is back healthy.

sabresrule30 repped this.
  10. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    hazard does have a habit of saying things every once in a while that could irk Conte about formations and players and running etc. it's not impossible they don't get along.

overall though, i agree, hazard doesn't have much incentive to stay right now. however, Zidane is under a lot of pressure at Madrid and he seems to be one of the big draws for hazard to want to go there, if he's out, that could help chelsea to retain. hazard mentioned he was close to signing an extension, but that could change quickly with attitudes in the locker room down.

11. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    but did you miss the part about him being in exchange for letting hazard go to madrid?

that being said Asensio would complete the front 3 for chelsea. i do think the club need to make a splash for hazard to be convinced to stay.

12. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    lol that makes this even funnier. so much nonsense.

13. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Hazard will be 28 by the end of his contract, and isn't a player who's likely to age especially gracefully. I'm not sure he's at the top of Real's list.

14. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Y'all need to stop reading those Hazard to Madrid/PSG/Seattle Sounders headlines.

First off, he's 27 (the wrong side of his 20s) and as mentioned, not likely to age gracefully. If there was any time Madrid would've made a bid for him, it'd have either been after our awful season where we had no CL. Or when he was still at Lille. Which was six years ago. When he was in demand by pretty much every big club. We aren't a selling club. Haven't been since Roman came along (Barring Robben).

15. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Madrid need to make a statement with the kind of season they are having. Hazard and Kane are the closest I can think attainable for them. The rest are at destination clubs unless they start looking at Lemar, Werner, etc. but that has never been their modus operandi. He just turned 27 15 days ago and has a solid 3-4 years in him at least.

I don't want him to go but I can see Madrid going all out for him.

16. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Again, if there was any time they would've gone for him, it'd have been the season Jose left.

17. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    For a big statement they need a big man. Whilst we weren't attractive enough for the likes of Peter crouch, I think if real put in a 100m offer they could secure their man.

From Mr roboto to Mr galactico. What a time to be alive

Wrath repped this.
  18. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Madrid were coming off consecutive CL wins and a Liga win and probably thought they didn't need to strengthen any more. The situation has changed now.

19. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    There has been rumors about him leaving for Madrid (Or was it PSG? Who knows!) for years! If it was going to happen, it would've happened.

And again, we are not a selling club. Anyone makes an offer, we can just say, "hahahaha, go away." Well, not in such simple terms but you know.

20. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    We are more about the money nowadays. If Hazard won't re-up and Madrid come with a massive offer, I put the odds on us to sell.

21. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wasn't there rumors linking him there during Becks Galaxtico days?

22. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Maybe.

But you can't live in the past man, you have to live in the future and the future is 6'7" of Macclesfield bred beanpole perfection.

23. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    You had me at Seattle Sounders.

24. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol... I use to have a running joke with my coach in college that he should move me to center forward from outside back cause I'm was peter crouch reborn in a shorter body. Whenever I'd get a goal in practice the robot celebration was always done.

25. ArmanSLR

ArmanSLR Member+

Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I can see the age concerns with clubs being resistant to spending big on Hazard but I can easily see him going to Madrid. He is a perfect fit for them, and is a world star who would bring a lot of revenue to Madrid.

If we don’t have bring in a few top top players I can see him moving on.