Increased Costa Living - The Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Ninjatend0, Jan 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Right. I dont think he really needs to go anywhere to be honest. Dortmund is a big club, though how they re-stock after they eventually lose some of their big names either to transfers or age (Auba, Reus) will be interesting.

2. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If he keeps on developing he might move to Bayern, Madrid, Barca or whatever, at some point. I just don't think it's a necessity for him to move at the end of this season or possibly even the next.

3. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    why do you keep saying he shouldn't move now? to my knowledge no one is saying he should. we're all agreeing he's better off staying and developing. is there some rumor that he wants out right now or that someone is coming in january with a big offer or something? cause you keep saying it like you are making a point or disagreeing with something/someone.

4. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    lol. some old timer who used to play for bayern said they should get pulisic, that's all.

you can say that about any young player: should he stay/go to Club A/B/C?

5. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pulisic said he also couldn't ever see himself playing for Bayern.

6. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More rumors that united will be looking to get Willian in January. I'd be more ok with that than Matic but still don't think we should sell to them.

7. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    ******** no....If they want to give us Rashford, sure.

JimWharton and Blueallthru repped this.
  8. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Rather take Martial

9. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Ha. There's no trading!

I dont think Willian is going to United. He's always been a glorified bench player for us anyway. His "breakout" season was an aonomaly and in fact, Oscar was superior to him in every way that season despite having fewer appearances. Willian had some nice free kicks.

10. cokeyounut

cokeyounut Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Michigan
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Will always admire Willian for when he was head and shoulders above the rest of the team during the disastrous season of 15/16. Only player who cared.

Unfortunately he has long suffered from stopping and starting and stopping and starting whenever he gets the ball to be too effective anymore. Never seemed to reach the heights he was destined to during his time in Ukraine. Will surely wish him well wherever he ends up, but I don’t doubt that that time is coming up. United can honestly have him if they’re paying any sort of fee even slightly above average/market value imo

Bruckner283 and Blueallthru repped this.
  11. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    It is true he seems to have lost something this season, but I think he had more than 1 good year. I would like to see him stay as recently we seem to have let players go without replacing them with an upgrade or even a comparible player.

12. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Don't think this team loses anything if he goes but I'd rather not see us make United better as Jose will surely use him in a specific capacity that helps their team.

13. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Well Willian certainly contributed yesterday

14. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mean yea, I guess, if you're into scoring and drawing pk's and stuff

15. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I don't think that was ever in doubt... a couple goals against Qarabag don't really change the fact that he was at the center of a couple of our absolute worst performances in the Prem this season.

And considering Eden & Morata's form as of late, the only chance he has of displacing either is if they get hurt. And even then he has Pedro to contend with. The reality is he's 4th choice as far as our attackers go. Its unfortunate for him since he was starting quite a bit until the passing of his mother and Pedro rose to the occasion for us.

16. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Oh hey, we're going to swoop in for Aubamayang, which makes sense because he'll sit on the bench here.

Everton makes more sense, to be honest.

17. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    if Aubamayang could play on the right of a front 3 i'd be down. but i don't really think that's his strong point. we do need another elite attacker though.

18. cokeyounut

cokeyounut Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Michigan
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don’t really want to say it because all of the hype and discussion is so much more intensive with him, but Pulisic would be a decent fit for what we need, no?

19. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Aub is an out and out striker. We need one, yes, but he won't come here to sit behind Morata. Finding a top striker who is willing to sit and then paying them to sit is hard to do/find.

Pulisic is a right winger/central attacker. I'd welcome him as competition but I'm not sure he beats out Pedro and Willian. We need another striker first. Michy is just, I don't know what he is.

But Pulisic's price would be a lot less than the crazy 43m Juve is going to pay for Douglas Costa, who is just a left winger. Or maybe not. Pulisic is about the same player as Dembele and they have both put in the same amount of time at the top level. Dembele is at Barca for a gazillion dollars. Why? He's French. Pulisic is not.

20. Fellini

Fellini Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Pa - USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If Mourinho got rid of De Bruyne and Salah then he is horrible at spotting talented players. Imagine Chelsea with both of them on the team, Chelsea would be amazing.

JimWharton repped this.
  21. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    quite honestly i don't think that's all that crazy. i'd prefer he get a little more experience overall, but his talent is certainly something that we could use as another attacker. and i can say that as as slight as he is, he's pretty physical himself and definitely tries to ride challenges when he can.

22. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    With Hazard, someone would have to ride the bench anyways.

23. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    This but Jose's eye for talent was always hit or miss.

Frickin Juan Cuadrado... talk about a waste of time and money.

24. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Well, it's also not just a one way street. Players at this level want to play and most likely had their agents push a move. Both players went to intermediary teams to make the jump to another shot at the big time.

There are also stories about Jose basically ignoring both players, so there's that, too.

25. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rumors that Real, Barca and AC are monitoring he Luiz situation heading into January