Increased Costa Living - The Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Ninjatend0, Jan 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Erm.. since when did you become the optimist regarding this past summer's transfer dealings ? :ROFLMAO:

I agree with everything you said. Merely commented on an imaginary quote in an imaginary circumstance hence the "idk how true."

Anyways. However decent our dealings were, if we fail to secure some elite talent in the next year we risk losing guys like Eden. Don't think thats crazy.

2. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    And.. "thats not how we operate" - failed mega bids for Sandro, Pogba, attempted big money bids for Nanngolan (however u spell it) and Koulaby suggest otherwise.

3. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    International breaks = HAZARD WANTS OUT RUMORS!!!!11! Every single time.

Honestly, we could have every version of the Doctor tell us that Hazard retires at Chelsea and there'd still be rumors of him wanting out. Zidane could manage us and there'd still be some stupid Madrid rumor. Hazard will be 45 years old and there'd be Madrid rumors. At some point, I just tune out because it's the usual suspects. If there was any point that Hazard would've left, it'd have been a few years ago. But he hasn't been playing like he wants to leave nor has given any indication.

We're not a selling club. We haven't sold anyone we've wanted to keep since Robben and that was 11 years ago!

Blueallthru repped this.
  4. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Well, either we did bid or we didn't. We won't really know until a transfer goes through, will we? I'm sure we bid up to a point but bowed out in any bids over what we thought was fair for these guys. I don't know how much we bid for Sandro. Maybe nothing.

As for Hazard, I think he's happy here. He's 27 already and not really improving much upon the level we've seen him play at for awhile now. Granted, that level is very high, but he's reached his potential.

5. cokeyounut

cokeyounut Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Michigan
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Would take him if the price was somewhere around 30 million or less. Don't think he's worth much more than that, but I think he'd be a decent player for Conte's systems. Has he had any minutes this season?

6. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They need a transfer fee yes but more importantly they need to clear the wages. I'd bet an offer of 22-27 would likely get the deal done. He hasn't played.

7. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    But will he reduce his wages? Do we have players going out to offset his wages?

8. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't know what his wages are. He may not need too, tho likely not the case. Don't need players going out in January if one of Pedro/Willian is sold in the summer. We need better depth overal tho. And at RW we need a special player to fill out the front 3. It's unlikely we spend on one. Gambling on a talent is closer to what we will likely do. He's a talent and on the way out. It has Chelsea all over it. However, who knows newTD could mean new policies. If we want to be the best we will need to spend more on average. Winning the EPL helps build the brand but winning Champions League and being a constant in the top 4 will take it to another level.

9. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    TBH I suspect that year where he appeared to 'down tools', (even if he didn't), hurt the chances of him moving to Madrid or elsewhere.

10. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Madrid will need to reload their offensive wingers very shortly. Barca bought Dembele for a ton of money - a very dumb move - but still, I don't think they'll be buying much outside of Coutinho.

Munich will go after Pulisic. If we're smart, we should, too.

Im drinking a ton of bourbon right now so whatever. Fly the blue flag high, bitches.

Blueallthru repped this.
  11. Sarcasm Bot

Sarcasm Bot Member+

Nov 4, 2014
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    He won't come to Bayern, I think. Utd seem the eventual destination.

12. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He looks a good players. I just hope he's not being hyped to an extent which piles the pressure on the guy if he does move.

He's still just 19. He's at Dortmund, a side that's competitive in the league so it's not like he's at Accrington Stanley or whatever.

IMO he'd do better to stay where he is and develop his game a bit more before going anywhere.

Blueallthru and JimWharton repped this.
  13. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sources rumored that the only clubs he wants to play for are Barca or Real.

14. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    i think Pulisic is one of the most promising teenagers in europe let alone US international. he's the real deal in my opinion. that being said, i'd still prefer he contine at dortmund for a while yet. however, when he is ready to move, i will be very interested to see how that goes down. and honestly i'd like chelsea to be in that conversation. the contrast between him and what we saw of julian green (as an example) is completely night and day.

Blueallthru repped this.
  15. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    as for Moura rumors, i'd heard Draxler was a possibility in the summer, and would much prefer him if we were going to try to raid PSG attackers. Moura to me is mainly a speed merchant with flashes of good play. he just reminds me way too much of walcott. but we need some new high level attacker for sure.

16. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If this is anything close to true, it's a bit worrying. Would suggest he believes his own hype and that can be dangerous for a player still growing into his talent.

He would definitely benefit from another season+ in his current role. Highly skilled but with facets of his game to work on. Doesn't help that he is the Next Big Thing either. Lots of pressure and the additional challenge of sky high expectations.

17. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #3392 truefan420, Nov 13, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    If you read any comments he makes or watch any interviews you'll know he isn't buying into his own hype. He just dropped a message about the us system and not qualifiying for the WC. You should give it a read. It's extremely refreshing seeing a young athlete on the rise that's so humble. He's also made it clear he doesn't want to leave Dortmund yet as it's the best place for him to continue to grow and improve. He likely won't leave till post WC so another year and a half. But Dortmund will look to cash in.

Edit:
    I know this isn't Chelsea news but this kid is the exact type of person you want to succeed. Here's an excerpt from his post,

The second thing I want to say here is that I’m not a prodigy — or a “wonderboy,” as some have put it. I was always, you know, a decent player growing up. And yes, I was born with a certain amount of so-called “natural ability.” But I also worked and sacrificed a lot to try to maximize what I was born with — which I think is important to point out. I think it’s important to make clear, you know, that the problem with American soccer … it isn’t talent. In fact, I’m sure there are kids who are going to be reading this article who are more talented at their age than I ever was.

Kerry Dixon's Boots repped this.
  18. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    having a lofty goal on where you want to end up isn't a bad thing either if it's taken in to context that you are willing to put in the work to get there. everything i've read about him and interviews i've seen leads me to believe he has nothing but a great attitude. he seems pretty acutely aware of the dangers of too much too quick. he could already be playing in the EPL if he wanted to be ('pool made a concrete offer i believe) and thought he was ready to make that mark, but he has chosen to basically make himself unavailable to transfer for the time being, sighting the very reasons you'd want him to stay. namely, getting more experience and developing as a player etc.

Blueallthru and truefan420 repped this.
  19. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Highly intelligent, humble, talented... Michael Bradley and company would do well to take some notes...

20. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Michael wasn't the most talented guy out there. Nothing about him screamed high potential. Jozy on the other hand had a ridiculously high potential. If he had Pulisic attitude and approach he'd be a hell of a player.

21. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I haven't seen a lot of the guy but, as you say, stuff still to work on from what I have seen.

If I had to make a prediction, (which, thankfully, I don't), I'd think he's not consistently good enough for either of them atm. If he's going to become that good it will happen over a season or two... not trying to force it too early.

22. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    MB was and is by all accounts a senior player with an attitude problem and superiority complex, but yes you are right, by no means high potential.

23. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    considering Pulisic's age, he still has two or three whole seasons he could potentially use to develop before a big money move. but honestly, he's doing enough already to warrant a look at for some top sides. however, like i said, he's not been itching for a move from what i've heard. this season will probably go a long way towards really seeing where he is at and can go.

honestly, all you need to do is watch the US games he's been in. it's so painfully clear he's on a completely different level than anyone else on the team and that was when he was 18. from the word go you could tell he's the real deal. i remember telling a few friends to watch a game coming up just to watch him and see what they think. he ended up being involved in some way in 5 goals that night. i think it was something like 2 goals 2 assists and a foul drawn for another.

but again, he's still REALLY young and has a long way to go. really i just think it couldn't be more clear he's the best talent the US has ever produced at his age. this by itself of course means little. i'm just going to enjoy waiting to see what happens because rarely when i watch him have i been disappointed.

24. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I don't think he's really got that long to go to match some players. I mean, the only wingers ahead of him in the prem are pure superstars. Dembele got a huge money deal to barca and I don't think he was exponentially better than Pulisic. He's just not American.

25. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The problem with moving is, unless you start performing regularly from day one, you can find yourself on the bench straight away and then your development suffers. It's not just that it stalls... it actually goes backwards without games.

That's why I say, he's at a top german side and, IMO, if he's got any sense he'll stay there for another year or two and THEN move if it's looking likely he could play for a 'bigger' side.

Blueallthru repped this.