"Inappropriate Language" Question

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by ArsenalMetro, Jul 16, 2019.

1. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    #1 ArsenalMetro, Jul 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    Tonight, I discovered a 6-month "inappropriate language" warning for a message that I apparently deleted a month ago. I'm not upset about any type of warning; I'm sure I said something that deserved it (must have been good to get a 10-point warning), but I'm curious about what I said. If a mod or whoever can send a screenshot/forward of that post, I'd appreciate it.

Also, from an IT perspective, it's crazy that there isn't a direct link to a version of whatever post got someone a warning/suspension/whatever from their profile page. It's even crazier that there's no suggestion of which moderator made the decision to delete a post/comment about it.

For any casual visitors, please feel free to use this thread as a "Why ArsenalMetro sucks" venting area.

Edit: I didn't even get an email about the warning, which is ********ing wild. What kind of moderation system do you guys have in place?

sitruc repped this.
  2. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    There's an assumption by the mods that we can see more of the things that only they can see. It was only recently that I was even able to see a Warnings tab on my page and I had no idea the warnings happened until I looked at the page again moments ago.

Now I'm jealous that my most recent warning was only 5 points for Inappropriate Language.

Inappropriate Language Dec 15, 2017 5 Jan 15, 2018

3. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I even got a cryptic "Inappropriate language. I can still see your deleted messages." to go with it, so now I'm more curious than anything. I can't even see my own deleted messages, so this could be anything!

sitruc repped this.
  4. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed with both of you. It was only recently we realized that there was an issue with the warning system. Typically the complaint had been from a poster who got banned and wanted back in claiming not to have received said warning, only to return to the same behavior.

That said, thank you for saying you can see the warning. Not sure how the devs would handle this as the warning you received came from a deleted post.

As an additional point, @ArsenalMetro, you did not receive a DM regarding the warning?