Inane Chatter

Discussion in 'Chelsea Off Topic Threads' started by Eddie26, Sep 26, 2008.

1. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    That's a good move for them. They're not winning anything with the current team, may as well try something else. And, once AI and Sheed come off the books at the end of the season, they're going to have money to burn - potentially two max free agents. They're clearly going with the youth - Stuckey, Maxiell, Prince (still not that old and immensely durable) and a couple of other bigs they have stashed away. Though I do wonder why they bothered giving Rip an extension (I think they did).

2. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    damn it nice, cant I stir things up

I thought that was the new thing on this board

you know be controversial, start fights, its the cool thing to do

why do you have to ruin things with good posts

(sulks off)

3. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    We had Dennis Rodman play for us. A true cancer if anything. Knowing Dumars this might be brilliant.

Right now there's a small chance that I might have to get a new computer. :(

4. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Mate, you gotta take it easy on comments like that. It goes both ways, you know.

5. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I vote for us to never talk politics, like you guys too much.

6. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    understandable mate and by no means do I want to ruin this thread, I was just having a piss take with you

hopefully things will improve with a little community policing by the members

7. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're not comparing Rodman to Ai are you?

8. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is that even allowed? I think as it is, you can't call bad posters bad, or idiots idiots, but they're allowed to be bad posters and idiots.

9. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    agreed, but I think the problem is when you call someone an idiot or point out who shyte they are

they do nothing but continue to ruin the board until eventually they are banned and it seems that isnt as easy as it used to be

end of the day, some simple policing followed by the Ingore list usually works quite well for me. If I continue to see problems I report them promptly so the mods will have to stop looking at Youtube and address the issue, fecking lazy gits.

:D

(runs quickly.... out breath now)

10. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Shyte Walt

misread your post

agreed, but lets save this for another day as I dont want to ruin this thread in case some people get offended and then fires will have to be put out

11. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish we had something along the lines of, once someone is ignored a certain amount of times on the board, they're booted. Never been much of a person who bites their tongue or wants someone else to their dirty work, and ignorance really bothers me.

12. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, good point, we can continue this on our own another time, sorry for ruining the topic at hand. Anyways.........

How bout those Phillies.

13. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    bastards

really hoped the Rays would win so it could be proven that one does have to be a greedy, free agent hoarding, pile of steaming shyte like the Yankees to win. It can be done through buidling a team. Shame that Selig has no spine and a salary cap will never be in place in baseball so we can all enjoy the parody which has taken over the NFL to an extent.

14. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  15. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, pure brain fart, I forgot your allegiance there, not one to rub things in, usually.

16. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    More into Aussie Rules right now. Cool sport.

18. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Guys, the truth is that posts like this don't help. You know it, so stop making them.

19. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    So long as its carefully moderated, its fine.

20. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    no massive allegiance tbh

just sick of baseball and the greedy feckers. Not trying to strike close to home being a Boston fan, but why the feck cant they have a salary cap in baseball. Someone please tell me the motivation for being a KC fan?

Even with the Rays, if they have a down year, money will get thrown at their better players and off they will go.

Selig has to be one of the worst Chairmen/Commisioners/Etc ever. Fecking spineless coward.

21. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dont mind not having a cap, you know even when the Yankees were kicking our tails in every season. I mean we can draw some comparisons to oh I dont know, us(Blues), and compare that to what it's like to be say a Fulham or Wigan fan.

22. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh Im sure it would be fine, not get out of hand, and the like, just don't want to know so many posters I repsect vote against freedom and for more oppression and stupidity at the hands of the rich/oil backing gun mongers.

Anyone want to discuss this? LA LA LA LA LA I hear nothing. Covers eyes and runs....

23. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    tough to compare it to us as we deal with different countries and currencies when signing players. Too many other ecomonic factors in play for my liking.

24. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is a nice tidbit of info:

In fact, Garnett played a lot of soccer, installing a field in the backyard of his Wayzata, Minn., home and playing pickup games. Garnett is a supporter of Chelsea FC and follows the example of Blues forward Didier Drogba as a goal-scorer.

"I don't have striker's skills," Garnett said. "I just want the liberty of not only passing the ball but also the liberty of shooting the ball, or at least trying to be a striker."

25. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Ruiz, Howard, Utley, Rollins, Burrell, Victorino, Hamels, Myers, Madson...all homegrown Phillies. They are the Rays in 4 years.

Let's not forget too that the Phillies did it without all those top 5 picks like the Rays did. Not too hard to get good when you were as bad as the Rays were, unless you're the Pirates.