Inane Chatter

Discussion in 'Chelsea Off Topic Threads' started by Eddie26, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Talk about stuff and stuff maybe about stuff.

So who's online tonight.

2. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Watching the debates and talking to you on AIM mate.

3. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I totally forgot the debate was on. I thought McCain backed out. So much for "dropping my campaign". Then again he's old and probably forgot.

4. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    So taking your wife camping eh? I'd like to see this.

5. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    There's some good smirks from McCain.

6. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Oh we are most certainly going to die. My wife is NOT an outdoors person, nor am I. I can't fix things, I can't use tools, I hate the outdoors and I suck at most stereotypical "guy" things except sports. However her birthday is tomorrow and she's been telling me she wants to go camping for awhile now. I have no idea why she isn't getting the camping urge. Maybe she's preggers (God forbid), I don't know. Anyway I got a tent and am planning a weekend for us. I have no idea what we'll do. I hate walking. I hate fishing because I don't like to de-hook fish, it's gross and mean. I don't hunt. I've never held or seen a gun up close. We may die somewhere in the wilderness of West Virginia.

It actually annoys me that she wants to do this. Why can't she say, "For my birthday, I want you to whisk me away to London for a Chelsea match."

We are planning that for Feb/Mar though. We have tossed around the idea of being proactive and booking a Italy/Rome trip for the CL Final...and praying Chelsea is there. (We both have Italian passports)

7. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Online for awhile, watching Superbad, my girlfriend is away for the weekend, and my sister just gave birth, making a first time uncle, but all in all a boring evening.

8. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    To be fair if you were to put me in the northern part of Michigan I wouldn't last a day.

I was up there recently for a wedding. Two things I learned. One is that I love the congestion that is Metro Detroit. Two is that dress shoes on grass and hills sucks.

9. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    You definitely wouldn't like my lifestyle though Eddie. Bit of a vegetarian, a lot of running involved, along with some biking. I'm hoping to get ten miles in before tomorrow's match. Training for a half marathon.

10. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had started running in place of soccer, due to a knee injury.

Starting from about 6 months of complete inactivity, I slowly worked my way up to about 4 miles in a run/walk program and then stopped completely to scratch my soccer itch again. Two nights ago I went for my first run in about 3 or 4 months and ran 6 miles, and only stopped because I was bored and hungry, baffled really.

Id like to keep up with both running and soccer now hopefully knees will permit it.

half marathon? yikes.

11. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I've been running since I was 13. Did track and cross-country all through middle and high school. Best times for the mile was 5:02, 2 mile being 11:10, 3.1 mile being 18:40, and 6.2 being 42:24. Got into it when I didn't make basketball. And knee injuries Walter? I feel your pain.

12. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeah I love Metro-ish areas. Pittsburgh is not metro at all. It's a large town, everyone knows EVERYONE. It's annoyingly small.

One of my great joys in life is getting my haircut and lying to the barber about my life (since my real life isn't nearly exciting enough). I can't do that in Pittsburgh because the barber is probably my wife's cousins uncle or something.

13. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Congraat Uncy Walter. Being an uncle is the best. You get the joys of childhood without the parental responsibility. Whenever I get that "Daddy" urge, I borrow my niece for the night. Then I don't want kids again for awhile.

14. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Vegatarian? Seriously. Why? Honestly. I can never understand the logic behind that.

I can't run for very long, terrible terrible knees from playing catcher for 20 years...NO JOKES! :D

15. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well being the broke ass student I was when it happened about a year or so ago, without insurance, I never got it checked out. I swore I woul dnever play again, but I couldnt resist, especially since I had really just started playing seriously a year before that.

16. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Detroit's got a nice area and a lot of restaurants to go to. That and we're pretty much an entertainment city and there's always a show going on.

Screw haircuts, grow it out!

17. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Ok Blue Celery...hippe!

18. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Seriously, if your knees feel bad, STOP playing or running. I usually ice if my knees feel weird. I went a little overboard on training when I was 15 and never took a break after the cross-country season ended. Right around February, my knees just decided to go, "GOOD NIGHT!" Couldn't run for a few days.

19. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Is there a better show on TV than I'm On Setanta Sports? Seriously.

If you don't get Setanta, watch it here:
    http://www.setanta.com/ioss

And be sure to watch it from the first episode of the season. Each one is about 10-15 mins and well worth the time. Hilarious. BE CHAMPIONS!

20. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Havent had a chance to go see her yet, my car is on the fritz and my g/f is off saving the world but I cant wait, my sister and her husband are really my closest family.

I was a veg once for a semester to lose weight, and did(25 pounds), Id like to if I didnt enjoy meat so much and if it wasnt so monotonous, boring, and annoying.

My best friend was a catcher his whole life and at about 16 started having knee problems, a few years later he had dislocated each at least twice.

21. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    You should see my drivers license, heh. Hair down to the shoulders.

22. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When I picked up soccer again Id have to ice my knees after every game, now I can play twice a week and sneak some runs in on the off days with very little discomfort, or if anything just some soreness.

I know it only takes one mis planted step or bad cut, or one of my idiot friends and Im done, but I dont worry about it too much.

23. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    When I was younger one of my idols was an ultrarunner who was a vegetarian. It's good stuff actually once you learn how to cook.

24. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    My problem is just overdoing it.

25. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When I was a youngin' my DAD showed me "Prefontaine," and I thought wow how cool to be a runner it would be, but being a kid, one week later I was basketball again and stayed that way through high school. Flash forward about 7 months ago I catch the movie by chance again, somehow get really motivated buy some shoes, and break that mental barrier I used to have with hating running(mostly it was used for losing some lbs), now I love it, completely addicted.

Edit for stupidity