In the premier league is it possible to play with all foreigners?

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by samhuanggu, Mar 5, 2012.

1. samhuanggu

samhuanggu New Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Club:
    AC Bellinzona
    like can a team have 11 foreigners on the pitch and not one Englishman? or is it against the rules

i read somewhere that if they are part of the EU they dont really count as foreigners

in the country where i watch football the limit is 5 foreigners on the pitch[​IMG]

2. Thezzaruz

Thezzaruz Member+

Jun 20, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Different countries have different regulations. Sweden for example have no limits at all and Spain have very little. And all EU countries have to count all EU-citizens as natives of the own country so they cannot be limited in any way. The regulations in England is that all players needs a work permit to play (work) in the UK and if they do then they can play. Then the EPL has their own version about being home grown added to that but that isn't concerned with nationality at all.

Short answer is yes, an EPL team can field an 11 consisting solely of players with non-English nationality even under the HG regulations. IIRC the first team to do so was Arsenal back in the early 2000s (Chelsea also did not long after).

3. tededfootball

tededfootball New Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  4. butlerana

butlerana New Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Great thread! Also my favorite view.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. butlerana

butlerana New Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Great thread! Also my favorite view.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. samhuanggu

samhuanggu New Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Club:
    AC Bellinzona
  7. august59.

august59. New Member

Apr 12, 2012
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Thanks for sharing.[​IMG]

8. WhosLetOffAStinkyOne

Apr 12, 2012
    Club:
    Coventry City FC
    Hello to all the guys I'm new here and would very much like to become friends with all you cheeky people!

I think that if you want to play with foreigners you should be able to as long as the players are cute!

9. Eggy bombs anonymous

Apr 12, 2012
    Club:
    Coventry City FC
    Why thank you "Who's let off a big stinky one" for your utterly tremendous and inciteful post. On behalf of the entire bigsoccer nation, welcome to the cool guys club of the 21st frickin century. I also would like to see more foreigner with golden locks of pure beautiful hair like Diego Forlan once more in the premier league... what a hunk!