In the market for new boots (after 15 years)

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by maestri09, Apr 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maestri09

maestri09 Member+

Jun 14, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Alianza Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I haven't bought new soccer shoes since 1995, but my old Mitres have finally seen its last days (great shoe. Fit like a glove!), and I want to buy some new shoes. Hopefully this community can help me out with some of my questions:

#1 is Kangaroo leather really worth the premium $50+ over regular leather?

#2 I've never had synthetics. What is their main drawback?

#3 I see that many of you regular posters like to shop online. Isn't there a danger that your shoe might not fit you well? and that you can't compare one shoe to the other?
    (I'm more of a "Cinderella" kind of shopper rather than one about features. I prefer something that fits me nicely above everything else. I'd hate to run all over the field with shoes that has some weird quirk affecting my feet)

#4 Shoes nowadays have the laces angled toward the outside of the foot. What's the big advantage of this? I, myself, hardly ever kick with the inside of my foot (where I see the advantage of having a smoother surface). I kick with the center of my foot--where the laces used to be:) --will such angled laces make much difference?

#5 I'm looking for an all-around shoe, mostly to play on regular dry grass surfaces, maybe some dirt schoolyard-type surfaces. I believe these are the "FG" type.
    -I have a budget of $80-150
    -I want a black coloured shoe--none of those fancy bold colours, not even white!
    -Nothing by Nike. I'm a traditionalist. I grew up with Nike not being involved in soccer, and in my mind, they still don't have a place in soccer despite all these years, and all that money they throw at Brazil.

What shoes do you guys recommend? I was looking at the Adidas "Adicore" line, but I haven't decided on anything.

2. kasaki

kasaki Member

Feb 22, 2009
    U.S.A
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    1. K- leather is much more supple and will mold to your feet alot faster.
    2. The only drawback for synthetics is the touch and that all depends on who you ask although unlike leather their mostly water resistant. Also synthetic take a while to mold to your feet and they mold slowly
    3.Most of us have seen all the other types of shoes, and so when we buy online we know what size and most likely know how they feel, others however take it by chance, but the internet has the best deals.
    4. The Laces to the side are used to give a cleaner shooting space. It wont matter much but it will give you a BIT more control, besides that I feel they are harder to tight fastest.
    5 As for Shoes, Cupa Mondials are classic but still nice, Also Adipure 2 (one break fast), And if You dont mind try other companies like pantofo d'Oro (classics) http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/department.asp?DEPT=2&BRAND=64
    Also Hummel has nice boots
    I feel the smaller companies excel in leather so search prodirect soccer
    Hope I helped

3. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Please use the boot questions thread.