IN GAME supporter activites, USA mex 9/3

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by TheMutts, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have 136, 137, and 138. I believe there'll be more than that, as well. We've sold close to 2,000 "SA" tickets, and there's only about 485 seats in each section.

It doesn't matter what section your ticket says, as it's all Sam's Army General Admission.

2. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Righty. One of two things will probably eventually happen.

1) Ticketing goes to "you must sit in your exact seat." This will probably suck, as most of Sam's Army is mail order tickets. There'd have to be a list of possible locations such as "in the front" "in the back" "on the outside" "in the middle", and hopefully you'd get somewhere close to the selection you mark. Not everyone wants to be first row. Not everyone wants the middle. And, just like going to ticketmaster or the venue, shouldn't you get some say in your exact seat location?

Obviously, this would work better with a cap system. Suppose this: For each Sam's Army ticket you'd buy through US Soccer, you'd get points. Friendlies would be 1 point per ticket, early round WC would be 3 points, Hexagonal would be 5 points. World Cup games might or might not count, since that's a FIFA event. Same thing for away matches, since those games aren't controlled by US Soccer.

People with the most points get their ticket orders processed first, and thus, get a higher chance of being in the area they want.

But if it's "you must sit in your exact seat", then most likely it will be literal. And we don't need ushers and security on power trips telling us "you must sit here!" This would also suck, since some people might just feel like joining Sam's Army for 15 minutes, or a half, or whatever, but not the entire game.

Option 2 -- It goes to General Admission, with tickets saying General Admission. There'd be a note in with each ticket order:

"Some or all of these tickets are for the Sam's Army support section. It is a general admission section. If you prefer a certain seat, please plan to arrive in the section as early as possible. If you do not arrive early, please be aware that your favorite seat location might be filled up. If a seat is filled, please do not ask to sit there."

3. capitalist

capitalist New Member

Nov 13, 2004
    [​IMG]

4. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Jesus, a little touchy are we?

I just made a comment that violence isn't an answer to someone wanting their seat.

Settle down and just get your bus to Columbus.

5. TheMutts

TheMutts New Member

May 19, 2002
    Pittsburgh
    game is fast approaching,

nice to see some things taking shape.

-USA in the 3 sections should be amazing. Remeber to hold up the card taped to your seat when the players are coming out.

-remeber do not throw streamers at Kellers goal, save them all for sanchez.

- Im hoping the stadium will be filled with banners.

lets make this game effin rock. im to excited.

6. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'
  7. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The decorating crew will have finished by the time the parking lot opens at 3:30 PM.

8. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Kryptonite is correct. If you have something you want to have hung in the stadium you should contact buckeye5 here on BigSoccer or bring said banner to the bar on Friday night -- there is a group going in early on Saturday to set things up.

9. capitalist

capitalist New Member

Nov 13, 2004
    love that Superpower banner :)

[​IMG]

10. capitalist

capitalist New Member

Nov 13, 2004
    more Hartford pictures at YCJ

[​IMG]

11. USAClash

USAClash Member

Feb 9, 1999
    Thank you! In fact all of the flags and banners on the upper deck are mine. I thought they would be easier to see up there.

12. buckeye5

buckeye5 New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

E-mail or PM (although my box may get full) if you are interested on details of handing over banners. I can provide you with contact information and where the best place will be to do so.

Those of you on the setup list, I'll e-mail or PM you in the next two-three days with more details of the setup.

AB

13. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Is that a Betsy Ross flag all the way to the right? What about the three on the left?

14. USAClash

USAClash Member

Feb 9, 1999
    Yeah, that's a Betsy Ross on the right. The first on the left is the Grand Union flag. It was our flag during the Revolutionary War for a few months before the Continental Congress decided we needed something without the Union Jack. The second flag is a flag of protest from before we even declared independence. Can't remember what the flag is called but I think it's named after the town where it was first hoisted. It has the Union Jack in the corner and then has "Liberty and Union" across the middle. The third flag is the First Navy Jack and has the traditional "Don't Tread on Me" slogan.

Also, in case you were wondering, the banner next to the "SuperpowerUSA" one reads "Sam's Army Gaucho Brigade / Isla Vista, California."

15. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Excellent, that gives me a few more flag ideas. I plan to purchase a few more before C-Bus.

16. USAClash

USAClash Member

Feb 9, 1999
    As do I. That's the spirit! The England game left a lasting impression with me as far as flags and banners go. While the crowd may have been 50/50, the England fans sure didn't make it feel that way visually. Seeing your flag draped all over a stadium has to be a comforting feeling for a player.

17. alliu23

alliu23 I'm a Yank til I Die

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    please tell me someone is bringing the Cartman poster :cool:

18. alliu23

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I made a crapload of confetti.. I had this idea of getting a paper towel roll and shoving the confetti in there and blowing it out.. i'll have to do a test or two to see if it will work :D

I guess after we score all those goals I'm not going to have the patience to shove that crap into a roll, so i suppose I'll just throw it :cool:

19. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'
    I ordered 4 from here. There cheap. Check US History:
    http://www.sevenbros.com/

20. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    It's making the trip: currently have it and a bunch of others (Ramones, Release The Hounds, etc.) in a big duffel at home that I'm bringing.

The Magpie

21. alliu23

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that's what I like to hear!

22. yanks02

yanks02 New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why can I totally see you doing that in your room and getting confetti all over the place?

I found some red, white, and blue streamers in a bad in a closet. I'll be sneakign those on the plane along with 3 flags, 2 US scarfs, and a red foam finger. Those airline security people are not going to know what hit them.

23. alliu23

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I tried to do it into the bag the confetti was in and totally blew it all over the kitchen :D

24. Luis Chavez

Luis Chavez Red Card

Jul 11, 2001
    burke, va
    Hey I am bringing Confetti to the game? will they allow bags of confetti in or will i have to sneak it in. P.S. anyone know office buildings near the stadium that might have some soo I dont need to try to figure out how to import some from DC!1. We need some song lists so that we can hand them out at the stadium and we need to make sure everyone in the stadium starts getting into it early. Imagine 2/3 of the stadium singing and jumping how crazy would that look maybe more. ITs up to us we are the ones that have the energy now we have to show the MExis what a home field advantage is. not this Culerooo **************** that they do at the azteca.

OOOOHHH LETS GO USA, USA, USA
    LETS GO USAAAAAAAA
    OOOOOOHHH USA, USA, USA
    LEts go USSSAAAAA

OOOOOOOOHHH MEHICO **************, **************, **************
    MEHICO **************nnnnnnnn
    OOOOOOOOHH MEHICO **************, **************, **************
    MEHICO **************NNNNNN

25. buckeye5

buckeye5 New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I spoke with CCS event management about which items are prohibited and permitted. It is my understanding that confetti, no matter how large the bag, will be permitted. I can confirm this again this week, however.