In Game Sound

Discussion in 'KC Supporters Clubs' started by BenC1357, Aug 15, 2006.

1. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    FYI, so everyone is always informed...Oh, and Todd is Howie's replacement as game day operations coordinator.

In response:

2. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Sounds good to me, but if they just got rid of that one that says "GOOOOOO" in the deep voice, that would be a huge improvement.

Maybe down the road, if the front office wants to play something, we could record a couple of our better chants. It might be a good way to teach the crowd what we're actually saying.

3. j_m_t

j_m_t Member

Aug 27, 2005
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i thought it says gooooooooooooooooal interesting, very interesting (not really that interesting)

4. IowaBoy

IowaBoy Member

Jul 23, 2003
    Des Moines
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mrs. IowaBoy commented that she really disliked that.

5. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i have yet to meet one person who doesn't really dislike it. it is not inspiring, it's not motivational. if it came down to choosing one to get rid of, i'd choose that one over the current affair sound.

6. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Yeah, I definitly didn't like it either. I wasn't at the game but you could definitly hear it over everything on MLSnet.com.

7. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Ben any chance you can send them a note about that in your next email? I have a feeling that similar to the sound effects they got rid of, they might look at it and realize how stupid it sounds when it's not just part of the routine.

No one joins in with it.

8. ralfonso

ralfonso New Member

Dec 5, 2005
    Heh, I like the "GO" thing simply because it's so freakin' weird.

:)

9. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Am I going to get to hear GOOOOOOOOOO this week?

I love it! Can't get it out of my head!

10. KCBearcat

KCBearcat New Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't get it out of my head either... thanks a lot, jerk... ;)

11. Redfoot

Redfoot New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same here as soon as I read Szazzy's post I started hearing goooo, goooo, goooo in my head. Whoever thought a weird voice saying go would pump people up was on drugs.

12. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope you have these issues settled by Sunday. Our current plans call for a road trip to KC!!! :)

13. brodi60901

brodi60901 Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Altoona, IA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Make that two Iowa families for Sunday.

14. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    did you enjoy the rain?

I know I enjoyed the GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO chant.

15. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rain was pretty light to someone that's been thoroughly drenched in freezing rain more times than he'd like to admit. We had an umbrella and blankets, so even my wife ( a normally fair weather fan) had no complaints about staying until the end.

Not impressed by any of the PA chants. I loved the Cauldron. But, I can never get into the "who's your daddy?" songs. My wife injured her leg and can't stand for a very long period of time, yet; so we sat about the 30 yard line.

16. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Not only did we get multiple rounds of GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (seemed like even more than usual), but they even decided to bust out Sweet Home Alabama in the 80th minute, when the game should've been at its most exciting point.

This is a problem to me, Ben. I know you weren't there but someone needs to figure out why they thought that was a good idea again.

17. Roush

Roush Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That doesn't have anything to do with a little professional courtesy towards your fellow men in black, does it? :p

That being said, I've found myself cringing at some of the complaints from 114 about the officials this year, because there have been some very solid calls and non-calls.

Last night, however was not one of those nights. I about had a stroke when Yonan called Davy for the tackle on Dema in real-time. I made the mistake of going home and watching it on my DVR in slow-mo with Shep Messing's commentary.

On a completely unrelated note, I need a new television, because mine fell out of my window last night. (Okay, not so much fell as thrown in absolute revulsion at Shep...) :)

18. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Haha, I noticed that too watching it on MLS. I was completely stunned when they started playing Sweet Home Alabama. What the hell did that have to do with anything?

19. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    That is halarious. Sucks for your TV but damn. Shep really is that irratating.

One of the more benign things he said last night was a challenge that Zotinca came in on Dunivant for. The ball was right there and Dunivant went to the ground and Zotinca stepped on Dunivants leg in the classic thats-how-broken-legs-happen-in-soccer way. First of all, Shep and JP both were questioning Zotinca doing it on purpose when it was blatantly obvious that Zotinca was simply stepping to keep balance, and then Shep said that Zotinca was causing a dangerous play because his studs were up. Tell me Shep... I would really like to know... HOW THE ******** ARE YOUR STUDS UP WHEN YOU ARE STEPPING DOWN?

20. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    I did like that we started turning the Gooo into Bo last night. Made it halfway tolerable.

21. brodi60901

brodi60901 Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Altoona, IA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My wife and I were watching on DK last night and when "sweet home alabama" came on we both looked at each other with screwed up faces and said "sweet home alabama?!?"
    Also shep messing is an idiot. If i am walking down the street and you come and slide on the concrete and put your leg where my next step is going to land and then i step on you and you cry foul, that makes you SHEP MESSING!!

22. Unorthodox Yank

Feb 27, 2001
    Constant Flux
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For what it's worth, Wednesday was the sound effects guy's last game.

23. Redfoot

Redfoot New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha, my dad and I were watching the game and we both said the same thing.

24. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, it was the last game for the guy who runs the scoreboard (and has at Arrowhead for 17 years). I asked the camera guy down front about him, and specifically if he handled sound as well. I was told that is a different guy...so we'll have to wait and see.

25. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Sorry, dealing with the front office in matters of the section is not mine to do anymore. You'll have to talk to someone else about this now.