In and Out

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Pegasus, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    Hell, just watch his 2018 pre-season minutes to reinforce it.

Oh, not to be an alarmist, but so far to date. the only FCD attacking player to score a goal is Tesho. Ryan also scored but did so as a winger in a 3-5-2.

2. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's alright we have a mosquito on the way to save the day. Agree with you on Colman. He needs some real tough love.

3. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I was trying really hard to find that Taco Bueno talking hand commercial from like 20 years ago where he's trying to teach the construction workers how to say the correct, Spanish pronunciation of the Tex-Mex items ("mu-CHA-co") and it ends with one of the workers hitting him with a rolled up newspaper. He's all like "ahhh, why did you do that?" and the worker replies "mos-qui-to." Remember? Anyone? ANYONE? Ok, I'll go back to work now...

4. EricSunRa

EricSunRa Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Sep 29, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Taste what’s going on man.

5. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember that ad. Man, I could really go for some Taco Bueno right now.

6. EricSunRa

EricSunRa Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Sep 29, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    #106 EricSunRa, Feb 14, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    I didn't realize that this is TPO, third party ownership, which is banned by FIFA. It was described as a form of "slavery" by Michel Platini, the former president of UEFA. FIFA ruled that "TPO has harmful effects on football and its essential values, thereby undermining the overall integrity of the game"

7. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Platini is one of those who's been seemingly implicated as corrupt isn't he? Not sure if it changes his point or how it applies here but might be better from someone else.

8. EricSunRa

EricSunRa Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Sep 29, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Classic argumentum ad hominem. For me, it doesn't change anything about his argument. Slavery is obviously hyperbole - the FIFA decision was about the contracts of Javier Mascherano and Carlos Tevez, who have done well for themselves. The point is that MLS skirts plenty of FIFA rules and if you want to look at a league where players have limited rights, look no farther.

9. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure that Mosquera's situation is analogous to Mascherano and Tevez's situations. In the cases of Mascherano and Tevez, their rights were owned by a company not connected to any of the clubs for whom they played. Meanwhile, Mosquera's rights are owned by his previous and current clubs, which strikes me as somewhere between an outright transfer and a loan.

10. EricSunRa

EricSunRa Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Sep 29, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Correct. One is TPO and Mosquera's deal is co-ownership, which isn't banned by FIFA, but is banned in Italy. I think somewhere between a transfer and a loan is a loan with a little gambling on futures.

11. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it that different than sell on rights? Perhaps so if they have a say in where he can go etc.

12. boneall

boneall Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Allen
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This article breaks it down pretty well.

EricSunRa repped this.
  13. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ned gone after just 3 months on the team. How absolutely FC Dallas...

https://www.fcdallas.com/post/2018/06/23/fc-dallas-transfers-defender-anton-nedyalkov-ludogorets

I believe Anton was quoted as saying this is the "next step" in his career as he hopes to get into the UEFA Champions League. Didn't really make it sound like "family issues."

#challengeall :rolleyes:

TCS35 repped this.
  14. VivaIslamico

VivaIslamico Member

Nov 1, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have this horrible feeling that Nedyalkov might be the thread that unravels our defense. Cannon-Hedges-Ziegler-Nedyalkov were working out the kinks and might have been on their way to becoming a first class defensive unit. I'm not sold on any of our other LB options, and I suspect we are going to get targetted on that side until we figure it out.

15. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why does Hollingshead look spectacular some games and then just blah others?

16. EricSunRa

EricSunRa Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Sep 29, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Yeah, it almost looks like Nedyalkov is another Fabian Castillo - forcing a midseason move to "take the next step" in his career. I imagine more than one FC Dallas player is unhappy with their contract so whenever this happens, I always worry about the locker room falling apart. The result against NYRB looked *entirely* like the result of a massively distracted locker room.

I sense a major meltdown coming, which is sort of an annual expectation with Oscar Pareja's team.

TCS35 repped this.
  17. VivaIslamico

VivaIslamico Member

Nov 1, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Annual expection" is a little harsh, but it's certainly happened more than once.

burning247 repped this.
  18. Bosanski Bomber

United States
    May 20, 2018
    Dallas, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I hate how with this club the fans never get to know anything that's going on behind doors until they've already happened. The Castillo saga, every single transfer window ever, Nedyalkov, the current Diaz situation, and so on. We're all left trying to play a guessing game as to what's going on because the club absolutely refuses to reveal any clues or news whatsoever until things are done and dusted.

It's an understandable approach to take in many ways, but a very frustrating one if you're an FCD fan and you'd like to know more about what's going on in and around the team or club.

19. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Welllll, I mean all clubs don't entertain rumors or BS until it's official. However, most clubs have journalists swarming them about everything they hear around the campfire. This club has press run by the club (might as well be state-run news from a 3rd world country) and it has some very dedicated individuals that do it as a side-gig for the sheer love of the club/game (Buzz, Pete, etc.).

boneall repped this.
  20. El Chico Carmona

Mar 10, 2015
    Baraboo, Wisconsin
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Let's not get too down on the Nedyalkov move. According to Bulgarian press, the transfer fee was 2.5 million. Not sure if it's dollar or euros, but either way, it's a deal that FCD couldn't refuse. Not after last season's fiasco with Barrios and Urruti.

Before you go shooting down the transfer fee rumor, let me make a couple of things clear. CSKA and Ludogorets are bitter rivals, and there was no way in hell that CSKA would ever sell Nedyalkov to their biggest rivals. 6 months later, Anton is with Ludogorets. Don't think for once, that this is just a basic move for Ludogorets. This move is stirring all sorts of controversy in Bulgaria.

EricSunRa repped this.
  21. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure how I feel about this notion that FCD was essentially used to launder Nedyalkov and that they were just going to be a temporary waystation on his way from CSKA to Ludogorets. On the one hand, I don't like that from a on-the-field standpoint. The defense was starting to come together rather nicely with him and Cannon on the outside and Hedges and Ziegler in the middle, and now, FCD's looking for a left back again.

On the other hand, if FCD got $2.5 million in the interim, then that ain't bad.

22. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just wish they had a left sided Cannon ready to pop up from the youth ranks.

23. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Diaz on the way out?

https://theathletic.com/410504/2018...on-the-verge-of-transfer-to-middle-east-club/

24. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, just saw that. Do they have a replacement in mind or are they handing the reigns over to Pax? I guess Mosquera could play there too but isn't anywhere near the same type of player. Wasn't there a Tillman to FCD loan rumor. He's apparently a CM but if he's good enough to immediately start would Bayern do that and if he's not then Pax should be ahead of him.

25. EricSunRa

EricSunRa Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Sep 29, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    True, its a little harsh. But 2016 was the only season where FCD didn't have at least 6 consecutive games without a win. And that streak of 10 happened last year, so I'm naturally still a little frazzled.

Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 11.42.39 AM.png