improving without touching the ball (out for a while)

Discussion in 'Player' started by dasoccerplayafosho, Apr 5, 2005.

1. dasoccerplayafosho

Jun 30, 2003
    Utah USA
    I got slide-tackled from behind, and tore somethin, dont know yet because the doctor wasn't open, but I'm gonna be out 1-3 weeks (estimate). How can i improve without touching the ball?

2. jdefoe9

jdefoe9 Member

Oct 19, 2003
    Canada
    you can try mental exercises, where you actually visualize and feel yourself touching the ball, like imagining how much strain in on your knee when you shoot... basically visualizing yourself doing techniques correctly by breaking them down into steps. It has proven to work.

3. scsurge22

scsurge22 New Member

Jan 23, 2004
    Austin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    How about you stop being a ********** and wrap your leg up and get out there?! No just playing man. You can however sit on the ground and use your opposite leg to juggle. Getting good control with that really helps with your shooting technique. Other than that youre just gonna have to wait it out.

Normally though after I come back from an injury I'm psyched and after the first 5 minutes of playing everything comes back to me.

4. dasoccerplayafosho

Jun 30, 2003
    Utah USA
    how about YOU wrap up what might be an ACL injury and go play. thanks for your opinion though.

5. scsurge22

scsurge22 New Member

Jan 23, 2004
    Austin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Haha no hard dude. Seriously though I know injuries like that suck.

6. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    If I were in your situation I'd work on my tactical development. Study and analyze plays and explore the options for your position on the drawing board. Watch a lot of soccer, play video games that give you the coaching option and the ability to see the field from the birds eye view.

7. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    One more thing; buy or rent one of those 'greatest goals" compilations. Watch the goal from the development and analyze it from both the attacking and the defending ends. Also, go to collegiate or MLS games in your area.

8. smith07

smith07 New Member

Mar 26, 2004
    do upper body weight training

9. dasoccerplayafosho

Jun 30, 2003
    Utah USA
    hey dude, sorry for freaking out, it was just a time when i was pissed off about being out. I found out today that it was an MCL rupture, so I'm out for 2-4 weeks.

10. soccerkid89

soccerkid89 New Member

Dec 2, 2004
    Michigan
    I'm sorry to here about your injury, and hope you heal fast. Just don't rush playing again cuz u can mess it up even worse and be out longer.You said in your other thread that u are practicing 3-4 hrs a day , u should be back to normal pretty fast then after u come back.

11. Bleacherbutt

Bleacherbutt New Member

May 1, 2001
    Rochester, NY
    Visualize. Close your eyes and envision yourself in various playing situations. Try to remember a time when you successfully addressed the situation and re-run it in your head over and over. This can done for various skills (heading, shooting with opposite foot, striking a deadball, etc) or tactics (going into double team, splitting two defenders with a pass, etc.)

12. JC_088

JC_088 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    Palmerston North NZ
    You should try to watch as much soccer as you can, but focusing on the player that plays in ur position and noting how he plays effectively. By the time you heal, u should have a better knowledge of what to do in a game.