Impact vs TFC

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by whitbytfcfan, Aug 26, 2018.

1. whitbytfcfan

whitbytfcfan Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Anyone have any insight to what was going on up in the Impact supporters section? I was in the section below, seemed like a lot of police activity but I couldn't see what was happening.

Nice to see that we could actually hold a halftime lead, it was looking pretty dicey going into the half. We were very lucky to escape into the break with a 3-1 lead but the second half looked much more organized.

2. Polygong

Polygong Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    A friend of mine was sitting right in front of them. Doesn't sound like much specific, just some general mayhem.

3. Polygong

Polygong Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Last night's win made our prospects significantly brighter. We should need about 15 points in the final 9 matches to make it into the playoffs.

4. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    ^ That's the problem with being on a knife edge - every game has the potential to move the needle a lot.

(It also allows for posts with a high cliché per sentence ratio.)

crazypete13 and Polygong repped this.
  5. torontofcmark

torontofcmark Member

Oct 24, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Much needed win. Started to look like the TFC of old, but then the defensive giveaways and general horrible defending has crept back. Nice to have Moor there to settle it a bit as he seems like a constant and was missed dearly during the last 2 months.
    Morrow give a lot going up the wing...but then gives up a lot in leaving open space on the left side….may need to dial it back a bit there and pick your spots.

What was wrong with Mavinga this week? I didn't hear anything.

Montreal supporters came in from the Princes gates with F Toronto chants, flares lit and being dropped on the steps of the enercare center (all with police following, really doing nothing but following) right up to the south side entrance when I didn't see them anymore (I kept going over to the saloon bar)...I figured it was a bit dangerous with all the people and kids attending the ex not to have to deal with visitor supporters for a soccer match but I guess the police continued to keep an eye on the situation...probably well aware of the problems from Ottawa with our supporters and what transpired this week.