"Immer Nur Du VfL" Wolfsburg 2015-2016 Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by BIGHMW, Jul 25, 2015.

1. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Draxler is a done deal now. Congratulations.

2. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Wolfsburg will be fine without KDB. Bendtner is the better talent anyways. :thumbsup:

3. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  4. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I hope Bruno Henrique will get more chances after his performance vs Madrid.

5. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FINALLY VfL Wolfsburg can start to develop a large American fanbase, however for now it'll probably be mostly consisting of Volkswagen owners and enthusiasts like myself (I have been a proud VfL supporter since 2010 and have been even more of a proud VW owner since 1999, my now-totaled 1999 New Beetle GLS and also my 1963 Transporter Kombi), but word will get around about Wolfsburg and outside of Chattanooga at that, it will be up to the DFL (the ones who produce Bundesliga telecasts for the world outside of Germany, and here in the States for Fox Sports) to give the Wolves the American exposure we so richly need and deserve. The rest will be up to the players on the pitch, we need to start winning again so we can get that TV exposure here in America as well as across the globe.

As far as my 1999 New Beetle (dubbed "WarHorse") that I had owned since brand new is concerned, here is the pic of what happened to her back on December 17th, believe me my Love Of My Life since 1989, Alice Yantz and I survived in it, but I got a fractured rib and a concussion and Alice had 3 broken ribs and a partially-collapsed lung, but this is proving how tough VW vehicles are made, mostly any other make (or if we were in my air-cooled 1963 Bus) and we probably would've been toast!!!

I will definitely buy another VW (and if I can't afford a 2017 R-Line SEL then it will be another 1999 or 2000 New Beetle) provided I get more $$$ in my injury settlement, they earned me as a loyal follower and happy customer. Now as for Wolfsburg, we need to get out of the bottom 3 pronto, but then Wolfsburg have been in the Bundesliga for 20 years, they have always found a way to be safe at season's end, and I can count on them to do it again!!!

WarHorse Collision.jpg
    http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads...ar-crash-last-saturday.2037757/#post-35008627

8. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As for what would be (if I get enough settlement money after all the lawyers' fees, medical bills, and all other expenses are paid off) my choice for what would be WarHorse II (or WarHorse v2.0 in this "cyber-age"), this would be it, a 2017 VW Beetle R-Line SEL in all black with the 2.0-liter 210-horsepower turbo and also the DSG automatic!!! 2016 Beetle R-Line Turbo.jpg

"Eisenfuß" Eilts repped this.
  9. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Horrible picture :eek: , glad to hear the car absorbed most of the damage.

BIGHMW repped this.
  10. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, back in January, it was determined that not only was the cost of a rental getting too expensive, but also we couldn't wait for the settlement (in which I would not get enough for a Beetle R-Line) too long, so my later mother's trust fund said I should look for something that would cost less, and I found a 2002 New Beetle GLS, identically-equipped (fully-loaded, just like my 1999 was), for about 5 grand, from a dealer in Everett, WA ( a ferry ride and 45-mile drive from here in Port Townsend) and so we took delivery of her and here is a photo of her shot just days after taking delivery of her. She may need some work done to her, but she's a damn great ride, a 2002, and, with less than 123,000 miles on her at time of purchase (my 1999 had almost 275,000 miles, all mine as I had owned her since brand new,July 14th, 1999), so I indeed SCORED!!! Treble 2.jpg

Now, as far as Der Grun-Weiss VfL are concerned, how are we doing, it seems like Fox has decided to pull the same bullshit that GOL TV did when they had the rights to the Bundesliga, mainly showing only Bayern, Dortmiund, and Schalke, this bullshit is why I fled to the Premier League and Arsenal and NBC's "every team, every match, every week" formula, because Fox still refuses to offer the same for the Bundesliga, otherwise, I would still be watching Wolfsburg every week (online through Fox live if not on TV), and the Wolfsburg forum, 2 years outdated, would've been jumping again like it was when I was streaming illegally from 2010-11-2012-13, before getting that virus at the start of the 2013-14 season, for a Lower Saxony Derby match opening away to Hannover

"Eisenfuß" Eilts repped this.
  11. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just got through watching us get drubbed/embarassed/humiliated at Volkswagen Arena by the (now) reigning 5-time defending Champions Bayern Munich, 0-6, we looked absolutely horrible out there, as I watched us implode before my very eyes, I mean, you CANNOT give Robert Lewandoski any kind of open space like that, and he made us PAY for it, BIG-TIME.

I also was not too enthused with Luis Gustavo's reaction after the foul (when he kicked the ball away in disgust), that is what got him sent off (he was booked earlier), not the initial foul, also, I wonder, since this match was shown nationwide on Big FOX (Fox over-the-air) in front of perhaps millions of fans here in America, what both VW dealerships and also us VW owners are thinking now of our club that we represent.

3 matches to go and we are only 14th on mere goal difference, and could slip to 16th (the playoff spot) depending on what happens tomorrow, YIKES!!!

12. Kingsborough United

Apr 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, New York
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

BIGHMW repped this.
  13. Kingsborough United

Apr 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, New York
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry about that. I tried to reply that quote. I saw that game, and was totally embarrassing. Especially on over the air tv where millions of people can watch. And Augsburg beat HSV 4-0 meaning this albatross of need to win the remaining 3 games just to stay up. P.S. I even felt Casteels was the best player on the pitch.

BIGHMW repped this.
  14. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well good news after finally getting through watching the relegation/promotion playoff against Eintracht Braunschweig on FS1:

WE ARE STAYING UP!!!

We just completed our two-leg tie with them and won the second leg 1-0 and 2-0 on aggregate which means we will be playing our 21st consecutive season in the Bundesliga starting in August, and I will also be posting the official 2017-18 VfL Wolfsburg thread right here on Big Soccer!!!

Now I know it's hard to split time between different teams in different leagues but I intend to make as much time for Der Grun-Weiss VfL as I have with Arsenal the past several years and also as much as I did in years past with Die Woelfe before obtaining that unwanted virus in my old PC before being able to stream (illegally through one of those iffy streaming sites) our first match on the 2013-14 season away to Derby rivals Hannover, so I am counting on both you fellow supporters as well as on Fox Sports for as much info on the season progress as possible, but I know it'll be hard since the folks at Fox don't broadcast all the Wolfsburg macthes like NBC does with Arsenal, I hope that maybe they'll offer the same thing that NBC does with the Premier League with their "every team, every match, every week" formula as soon as this coming season.

I will see you in August!!!

15. Kingsborough United

Apr 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, New York
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't believe it really happened. Diego Benaglio got sold to A.S. Monaco. It's going weird seeing Wolfsburg without Benaglio on the team.

16. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It sure will, I mean Diego Benaglio was one of the faces of the club, he was instrumental in our title run back in 2009, along with Edin Dzeko and Grafite who were with Die Woelfe at the time when I started following them in 2010-11, that is what got me into Wolfsburg in the first place (besides VW's ownership, of course :) ). However I DO have faith in Koen Casteels as our new #1 goalkeeper, as he was outstanding during the latter stretches of the season and in the Relegation playoff against Braunschweig, but who will be our reserve keeper just in case??? I hope that he will bring us back to contending for European places next season and for years to come!!!

17. Kingsborough United

Apr 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, New York
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Casteels has improved since he was at Hoffenheim, I got no doubt he will be the no.1. Just need to retool that crumbling D-line. And the signing of John Anthony Brooks is a start.