"Immer Nur Du VfL" Wolfsburg 2015-2016 Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by BIGHMW, Jul 25, 2015.

1. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, as promised, I have started up the all new official BigSoccer 2015-16 thread for Die Wolfe, the reigning defending DfB Cup winners, none other than VfL Wolfsburg. And now that FOX Sports has exclusive U.S. TV rights to the Bundesliga, I hope that they'll show the Wolfpack as many times as possible on the Fox Sports family of channels, indeed it is a new day for the most hyper-competitive football league on the planet, and early predictions indicate that we should be doing pretty fine this season, with a possible chance of winning the title for only the second time in club history (2008-09 was the first), especially since Bayern Munich have unloaded Bastian Schweinsteiger to Manchester United and rumors are floating around that perhaps Thomas Muller might be going there too, so they'll be a little more of an easy team to play against.

Of course, right now, barring any big deals, Die Wolfe have an array of firepower, with guns like Bas Dost, reigning Bundesliga 2014-15 Player Of The Year Kevin DeBruyne, and also Andre Schurrle, a solid backline lead by Naldo, Marcel Schaffer, and Ricardo Rodriguez, and top midfield play the likes of by Brazilian Luis Gustavo and Croatian Ivan Perisic, and and also a top-5 goalkeeper in the venerable Swiss international and longtime Wolfsburg netminder, Diego Benaglio.

Combine that with a manager with a knack for winning like Dieter Hecking, and a front office led by Sporting Director Klaus Allofs, and all the $$$ that ownership lead by Volkswagen AG wants to pay to make us a perennial top-5 club for years to come, and you've got a winning combination worth watching.

IMMER NUR DU VfL!!!

2. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Deportivo Independiente Miraflores
    Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Will be watching the match today against Bayern Munich. Hopefully Ascues starts :D

3. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Deportivo Independiente Miraflores
    Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Ascues not even in subs... :(

4. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    (This Post is simul-posted on BOTH The Wolfsburg thread and also on The Arsenal forums)

Another trophy for Der Grun-Weisses VfL!!! Beating Bayern on penalties to win the DfB Supercup!!!

I can't wait till August 14th for the start of the new season, GO WOLFSBURG!!! I'll be watching as many matches this season as I can now that they will be available BOTH on Fox and also streaming LIVE through Fox Sports as well (and LEGALLY at that too, so NO VIRUSES to worry about, unlike 2013-14 (1. Spiltag away to Hannover 96) when I got one which caused me to go on exile to Arsenal back then.

Provided that both The Gunners and The Wolves don't start simultaneously things should be fine for my comeback to the Green & White, the tie will go to who will be on TV at that particular matchday at the time. But if it ever comes down to Wolfsburg and The Arsenal facing each other in a match that matters (such as UCL or most recently the Emirates Cup in which Arsenal won), the I will just watch as a neutral party in that case. I hate to see either one of them lose, but, unless it ends in a draw, someone will.

So COYF'n'G!!! IMMER NUR DU VfL!!! .....and GO SOUNDERS!!!

5. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's almost kickoff time for the 2015-16 Bundesliga season, as Bayern will be hosting Hamburg, but come Sunday morning over at Volkswagen Arena, we will be kicking off our new season at home against Eintracht Frankfurt, and it will be LIVE on Fox Sports 1 at 9:30 am EDT/6:30 am PDT, so I expect a great performance by Die Wolfe in this one, we have all the momentum going, I hope we don't have a letdown from the adrenaline rush we had beating Bayern for the DfB Supercup, as well as last season's DfB Cup victory, so keep it going guys!!!

6. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you guys ready for Eintracht Frankfurt in about 2 hours from now??? I am!!! I'll be picking up the match in progress and joining the conversation immediately following the Arsenal-Crystal Palace match.

I just wish those two matches would not be played simultaneously, so I can REALLY enjoy watching both.

IMMER NUR DU VfL!!!

7. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Flipping between the Arsenal match and this one, and Die Wolfe are not disappointing me one bit, Bas Dost has just put Wolfsburg up 2-0 with a great goal!!!

8. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Arsenal have finished beating Crystal Palace 2-1, so I'll be with you for the rest of this match, the second half is coming soon, and Der Grun-Weiss VfL are leading Frankfurt 2-1 after 45.

9. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still 2-1. Substitution for Wolfsburg: Kevin DeBruyne out, Aaron Hunt in.

10. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still 2-1 Wolfsburg. Substitution: Bas Dost Out. Nicklas Bendtner in. (Lord Bendtner is IN DA HOUSE!!!)

11. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FULL-TIME. Wolfsburg win 2-1 over Frankfurt, and a close one at that considering all the chances that frankfurt had to equalize or even win the match, especially in the second half. But, 3 points is still 3 points!!!

12. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FC Koln (1-0-0) vs. VfL Wolfsburg (1-0-0)

Saturday August 22, 2015

Kickoff: 3:30 pm local/9:30 am EDT/6:30 am PDT

TV: Fox Sports 2

13. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    15 minutes into the match, and it's still 0-0 between Koln and Wolfsburg at Rhein-Energie Stadion in Koln, Germany.

14. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SHIT!!! Simon Zoller scores his 2nd Bundesliga goal of the season and puts Koln up 1-0 over Wolfsburg in the 30th minute

Koln 1:0 Wolfsburg

15. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Halftime.

FC Koln 1:0 VfL Wolfsburg

16. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Second half just underway, more updates as they occur. GO WOLVES!!!

17. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    in the 61st minute, WHAT A SAVE by Koen Casteels (WOB) off a big chance by Simon Zoller looking for his second of the match!!!

Still FC Koln 1:0 Wolfsburg

18. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Substitution for Wolfsburg in the 65th minute:

Aaron Hunt out, Daniel Caligiuri in.

19. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Substitution for Wolfsburg in the 73rd minute:

Ivan Perisic out, Niklas Bendtner in.

20. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Substitution for Koln in the 80th minute:

Simon Zoller out, Milos Jojic in.

21. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    YES!!!! GOAL FOR WOLFSBURG!!!

Nicklas Bendtner gets it!!! LORD BENDTNER SCORES!!!

We are all level in the 83rd minute!!!

FC Koln 1:1 Wolfsburg

22. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fulltime

FA Koln 1:1 VfL Wolfsburg

Dis Wolfe steal a point!!!

23. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Any replacement for Perisic and KdBruyne?

24. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't know, but even without Kevin DeBruyne (he's days away from joining Manchester City) and Ivan Perisic, we still looked solid against a very-game Schalke, BTW, Die Wolfe won that match convincingly, 3-0 and Wolfsburg are now at 2 wins and a draw after just three matches!!! It's like "Kevin who?", I just sure hope it doesn't bite us in the ass so to speak, because we get United in our group as well as CSKA Moscow and another team, but even without KdB in a Wolfsburg uniform we should be just fine in the Group Stage of the 2015-16 UEFA Champions League.

25. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04