I'm not bitter ... but I hate you all (other teams thread)

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by pookspur, Jul 4, 2012.

1. mekarshalev

mekarshalev Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    llorente punishes loserpool, sweet but why he couldn't do that in madrid?!

2. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    The Bearded One strikes again!
    Napoli 2, Liverpool 0: Mertens (pen) 82', Llorente 92' (yes, that Llorente). Good for you Fernando!

3. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Good grief it’s 20 minutes in and City are up 5-0 against Watford

5. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Well, they can't play Arsenal every week.

6. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Arsenal showing some grit. Down a goal and a man they come back to 3-2 with 10 minutes to go.

7. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Liverpoo bailed out with a stoppage time penalty. Not that what happens at the top of the table has any relevance for Spurs...

8. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    City in crisis?

BalanceUT repped this.
  9. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    I'll trade their crisis for ours.

electrickeeper and BalanceUT repped this.
  10. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Sheffield United 1, Arsenal 0. Ian Wright in the pundit's chair looks like he's going to cry.

11. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Liverpool are catching so many breaks this season. 7 minutes of stoppage time?

12. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because Spurs are so sucky, I can't really care about other teams.

13. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    It allows you to watch Liverpoo vs Man Shitty without worrying about what result would be best for Spurs.

14. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    arsenal being shit is nice, even if we're worse.

Funkfoot repped this.
  15. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    I have to admit I have not watched as much football as usual because of Spurs pathetic play, but last weekend I forced myself to watch the other games. Well it didn't help my mood, it only served to emphasize how disinterested and abject our players have been this season compared to the rest of the league. Yes, the shite Arsenal lost, but at least their players, as clueless as they are, tried to compete. We were a total no-show vs. Sheffield Utd.

16. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Kane with a first half hat-trick for England - amazing - when he plays for us, he looks like he can barely move. At least Southgate had the sense to take him off after 57 minutes with the game won, unlike Poch, who left him on for no good reason at Red Star when we had the game won after 60 minutes. England qualified, so hopefully he won't be played in the meaningless final group game.

17. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    And Kane plays 90 minutes for England in a meaningless game. Why I hate international football.

18. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    I believe that goal saw him tie the calendar year goal-scoring record for England. It would not surprise me at all if Kane asked to be left in to see if he couldn’t take sole possession of that record.

19. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    I wish Southgate and Poch would grow a pair of you-know-whats and rest him when there is no need for him to play. But that is wishful thinking. But hey, what an accomplishment it is to break records against powerhouse teams like Montenegro and Kosovo...that is so much more important.

20. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Props to Spurs Ladies who lost the NLD 2-0 in front of a Womens Super Leaugue record crowd of 38,000 at Nouveau WHL. It is the girls first season in the top flight and by all accounts they gave a creditable performance against a seasoned Arsenal side. It would be nice if the lads would show up for a game every now and then, wouldn't it?

sbahnhof repped this.
  21. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I rather like being reminded that Kane is still hungry and brilliant and clinical … that the problem is us, collectively, and not him.

Not that I wouldn't be howling if he did his ankle, or something, but, y'know … silver lining, like.

22. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Pook, you could have scored 3 or 4 against Montenegro and Kosovo, they are that bad (and Kosovo could still qualify through the playoffs)!

I don't know what it is, but from the qualifiers I have watched, he certainly puts himself about, yet he looked like he could barely move against Sheffield United. But the England group was so poor that qualifying was effectively an 8-game training exercise.

Watched the Ireland-Denmark game yesterday hoping that Mick McCarthy would grow a couple and throw in our Troy Parrott, but he was an unused substitute and the Irish predictably struggled to generate anything going forward. At least Eriksen is consistent - he is just as poor for the national team as he is for us - his pathetic effort to close down the cross on the Irish goal was typical of his season so far. I wish Poch would just leave him out of the squad altogether, his total indifference disgusts me. If I were a big European club, I would think twice before forking over 250-300K a week for him.

23. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Arsenal gave up a second half lead at home v Eintracht Frankfurt in the Europa League tonight, losing 1-2. Apparently there were huge swaths of empty seats at the Emirates, as well. Admittedly, an EL group stage match - particularly when you're all but through - isn't the most enticing ticket, but it wasn't long ago that Arsenal tickets going to general sale was virtually unheard of. The wheels appear to be well and truly off, and Emery doesn't appear to have much time left.

Hopefully, we'll be above them in the League this time Sunday. They're proper shit, and long may it continue.

Funkfoot, Phillyspur and electrickeeper repped this.
  24. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Woolwich have sacked Emery and named Freddie Ljungberg caretaker coach. Remember all the Arse fans clamouring for Wenger's dismissal and how anyone else would be an improvement?

I saw the empty seats as well and it is so typical of the Arse support, they are the most fair weather, spoiled set of supporters in England.

25. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Poch already being linked to the Arsenal job. We could have the very surreal experience of watching the NLD at Nouveau WHL in April with Mauricio Pochettino in the away dugout and Jose Mourinho in the home dugout. If you had told me that in August I would have said you are a raving lunatic.

I don't know if I could handle seeing Poch wearing an Arsenal jacket. I am still in denial over Sol Campbell.