I'm not bitter ... but I hate you all (other teams thread)

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by pookspur, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Typical Arse, after Saturday, their support was crowing that their manager was a tactical genius and their players were heroes, now the manager is a git and the players are rubbish. I guess it was Kroenke's fault...

2. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Down 2-0 Lyon pull one back at the Nou Camp. 2-2 would see them through on away goals. Could be a very interesting half-hour to come.

3. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Or not. Messi puts it to bed.

4. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    After the drama of last week, an anticlimactic week in the CL, Pool and Barca with easy wins.

5. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Draw is Friday. We're going to get Juve again, aren't we?

Rather that than an English club, though, tbh. Such a letdown playing a domestic team in Europe.

6. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    My dream draw:

Spurs v Porto
    Man City v Juve
    Man United v Ajax
    Liverpool v Barca

Unfortunately we are Spurs so we will get this:

Spurs v Juve
    Man United v Porto
    Man City v Ajax
    Liverpool v Barca

7. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I'd really like Ajax. Not because I think their weaker than the others; but I just like the sound of that tie.

anyone but another English club - and most definitely not Citeh.

on the other side, Eintracht Frankfurt have seen off Inter in the Europa, which means there's a one-in-seven chance they'll be playing in London on the Thursday that I'm there. my mate Vinnie is a season ticket holder, and he's volunteered to apply for an away ticket should they be at Chelsea or the Arse. the odds aren't great, but that'd be a brilliant way to spend that evening.

8. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sigh.

Man U - Barca
    Pool - Porto
    Ajax - Juve (winner plays winner of our tie)

9. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    So in a 3 week span we will play Liverpool once and Man City 3 times, with just one of the games at home. Football really does hate us.

10. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Worst possible draw given the number of times we play them and the importance of each of those games. Liverpool fans must be absolutely chuffed; easiest CL draw and war of attrition between the clubs immediately ahead and behind them in the standings.

11. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    First leg Tuesday April 9th at the new ground, second leg Wednesday April 17th at the Etithad then we play them again in the league at the Etihad on Saturday April 20th.

12. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    A small bit of good news at least, Chelsea only took 1 of a posible 6 points in their 2 games in hand vs Wolves and away to Everton. Thank you Nuno Espiritu Santo, thank you Marco Silva.

13. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Arsenal lose at Everton 3rd place is Spurs to lose. Arsenal’s remaining fixture list is easier in terms of opponent, but have more away games.

BalanceUT repped this.
  14. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    and they've been rather shite on the road, as well.

15. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    United down 4-0 to Everton in the 65th minute. I wonder if the brain trust at United are second guessing their decision to sign Ole. It looked a no-brainer a month ago, not so much since then.

16. El_Mittinho_ii

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Man Utd - bottlers.
    Arsenal - bottlers.

Phillyspur repped this.
  17. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Funny two losses to Man City this week and I’m thrilled. Sure a point yesterday would have been better, but it was just short of a great weekend.

soccernutter repped this.
  18. mekarshalev

mekarshalev Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Spurs have 5 straight away loss in PL and we’re still 3rd.
    Go figure!
    Totally in our hands!
    COYS!

BalanceUT repped this.
  19. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    had to open the store today (on Easter … ugh) and it wasn't until the middle of the afternoon when I remembered there had been matches played. popped on a demo device and lo and behold, United and the Arse have both lost.

my day got quite a bit better from there.

BalanceUT repped this.
  20. El_Mittinho_ii

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Just watched the Man Utd highlights...

Choosing my words carefully - that football club is diseased from the top to the bottom. They have two players, De Gea and Rashford, who would have had a place in a Man Utd squad of years gone by. Solskjaer will be yet another fall guy at some point as the execs try and absolve themselves of responsibility yet again, but if they think Poch would join that shitshow they've another thing coming.

Egos aplenty, some with more talent than others, but none with the basic decency to even run. Without a good summer they could finish in the bottom half next season, and I'm not joking.

21. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, take the Pogba personality out of that team, and that team will be quality. Ever since the move from Juve, he has underwhelmed, and from what I have seen of him off the field (interviews and such), he is an asshole. From what I have seen, he is the type of player which can cause a whole squad to fail or succeed.

22. El_Mittinho_ii

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I really don't see a quality team. They haven't got a defence - Lindelof may be serviceable, Shaw is fairly good but not special, Dalot is a kid who may or may not be decent one day but right now no way. That's it.

Midfield - No holding mid, their one energetic player with quality on the ball leaving on a free (Herrera), one promising youngster (McTominay) and that's it. Pogba is the worst of the lot, all the talent in the world but zero application. The modern day Mario Balotelli.

Their front line could be very decent with Lukaku, Rashford and Martial (and Lingard), but if a squad is 25 players they need a full 2/3 of that booted out and replaced.

It doesn't matter that they're only a few points back from us and Arsenal, there's not much of a platform to work with. How do Arsenal challenge? One or 2 good defenders, maybe a midfielder. How do Spurs challenge? Just one or two additional quality players and hold on to the current best. How do Man Utd challenge? Rip it up and start again.

BalanceUT repped this.
  23. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    #3198 Lazy Assed Assassin, Apr 21, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    Was Sanchez a free or are they just on the hook for the exorbitant wages they’re paying him to sit on the bench when he isn’t being awful on the field?

24. El_Mittinho_ii

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Swap for Mkhitaryan. For accounting purposes I think they called it 30m quid each :D

Lazy Assed Assassin repped this.
  25. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just watched the highlights...ugh, Man U were horrible. No desire to be on the ball.

As for my assessment, quality might be a bit too high, but they definitely have talent. Lukaku is nothing to complain about, along with Rashford. Martial might not be at their level, but he can shine. Sanchez is, IMO, being stifled, and Lingard is in the same boat at Martial. Phil Jones is also quite good, and de Gea is among the best. Pogba, on his day, is also among the very best.

But I think you are right, @El_Mittinho_ii, there is no holding midfielder. It is all out attack.

But I disagree with your assessment on Man U. Get a holding midfielder, have Podga fill in for that position when needed, and a couple of defenders, and Man U could attack teams to death. It might take 2 seasons, but they have the potential.