I'm not bitter ... but I hate you all (other teams thread)

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by pookspur, Jul 4, 2012.

1. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But in the same breath, he is saying City do, which they have not shown that they actually are capable of (since Poch arrived).

2. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Well obviously Walker didn't do anything to provide that edge, so maybe he should look in the mirror. Spurs just had their best season ever in the premier league. They would have won the title if anybody else in the league were capable of beating Chelsea.

What a douche.

soccernutter repped this.
  3. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    City’s trophy haul since Poch arrived is pretty paltry admittedly, especially when compared to their net-spend, but they did win the League Cup. Poch is a great manager, we have great players, but it will be all for naught if a trophy isn’t forthcoming. Walker was the canary in the coal mine for my money, if we can’t compete on salary we have to compete for trophies and we really haven’t the last 4 years. At best we have “if only’s”. If only Leicester hadn’t done the unthinkable, if only this were any other year Spurs’ points total would have won the league, if only we had a credible back up striker …

4. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Pretty unusual, though, for a rat to leave a ship that isn't sinking!

5. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think it was voluntary.

6. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    it's football. rats leave perfectly buoyant vessels all the time, assuming there's a more lucrative ship to board.

BalanceUT repped this.
  7. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Well Arsenal still look shit in defense, but that come back will be a good morale boost

8. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saw the highlights. Arsenal looked bad at the back (how was Vardy allowed to go free on a corner?). But they also looked very good in attack...without Sanches.

9. leocal11

leocal11 Member+

Feb 7, 2005
    San Francisco
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not sure if you all have noticed. but here in the US, nbc sports has made the corporate ,greedy decision to charge $50 !!! to watch the games that are not on tv. so nbc extra time is now called nbc sports gold and you have to subscribe to it. phucken bullsh*t.
    so get ready to look for illegal streams again.

10. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What do you mean by "again"? ;)

11. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    I'm fine with the extra expense, was nice to have it for free. What grinds my gears is the awful UX, my cable sub doesn't support sports live extra so now I need 2, unrelated apps to watch games & play a "guess which app to open"

12. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not surprised there is a fee, but I am surprised at the cost. I would have thought it would be more like $30. I wonder what kind of data they have on the price point.

13. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Couple of thoughts from this first weekend, as much as the first weekend can really tell us anything...

Chelsea probably have the best attack. They dominated Burnley for an entire half down, first one player, then a second, and still managed to almost come back from a 3 goal deficit.

Arsenal also seem very fluid. But, like Chelsea, have defensive problems.

There is no question that Brighton and Newcastle are going down. And based on Man U's domination, West Ham as well.

Questions abound about the Man City attack, and in particular Gabriel Jesus. Man City should have won that match about 10-0, and GJ should have had at least 3 or 4, it not more.

14. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    meh one week doesn't tell much tbh. don't think Newcastle is dropping just based on that performance.

I think Crystal Palace may be one of those looking at relegation tho. they've been slipping and slipping and I think this is the season they fall.

15. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm thinking Newcastle because of their two injuries, the red, and their lack of ability to get the ball on target when they were counter attacking. Sure, Spurs, but even so, underwhelming.

16. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I didn't see other games but to write off Newcastle is a bit harsh IMO. They didn't threaten much, to be sure, but they have a very experienced manager and some good pieces. As an organization I think they have enough to survive.

17. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    And what about Paulinho to Barca for 40m Euros? Has the world gone mad? I thought we did superbly to get 17m.

18. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well Barca gots money to spend....

lolz

soccernutter repped this.
  19. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I recently saw Margin Call, and thought of this particular scene (start at 2:00 and to to about 2:15) when I saw the sale happened.

20. El_Mittinho_ii

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Great to see Aaron Lennon named among the subs for Everton in the Europa League tonight.

While not exactly a Mackay, Blanchflower, Nicholson, Mabbutt, King type of name, still a player whose name will feature in history books of the club. Great to see him back with his head (presumably) right, one Aaron Lennon!

Count Chocula and soccernutter repped this.
  21. mekarshalev

mekarshalev Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Btw fellas, I was able to watch some games on my old app NBC sports extra live from the last round (on demand) but I have to say I have nbc sports subscription via cable.
    So maybe for those who have already paid to have the sports channel no need to purchase the newly introduced gold pass??

22. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015

NBC Sports Live will get you the matches that air on NBC and I believe the other broadcast channels e.g., if a game airs on SyFy I believe it’ll be available on the SportsLiveExtra app. It used to also get you unaired matches. That’s no longer the case.

I do wish they’d unify the apps though, it’s annoying having to guess which app to open.

23. Tim1975

Tim1975 Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
  24. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Walker’s gone & got himself a red card against City today & Everton are up 1-0. Blimey if that result holds I might have to rescind my doom & gloom prediction we’re out of the title hunt. All but United will have suffered dropped points in their first two games.

25. Tim1975

Tim1975 Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC