I'm Back! - Bienvenue Zizou

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by AriGold, Mar 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I’d be extremely surprised if Benz scored 40 goals

4x4s repped this.
  2. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Same. He's on 15 now but he wasn't injured at all and played like 97 % of the available minutes.
    I'd be more than happy with 25 in La Liga and 10 in UCL.

3. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Throw in a handful in the Copa del Rey and we're at 40 ;)

madridista_hr and Deep Pal repped this.
  4. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    He’d probably have about 5 more goals if he were the designated PK taker.

Deep Pal, SayWhatIWant, Anon. and 2 others repped this.
  5. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  6. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think Zidane is having his best seasea as a head coach.

No one expected this. Bravo Zulu zizou

Deep Pal, madridista_hr and petros93 repped this.
  7. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Shame there is no translated copies available in English

Saeta Rubia and petros93 repped this.
  8. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Deep Pal and hala_madrid722 repped this.
  9. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It’s hard to believe this is the same team that lost 7-3 in the preseason. Zidane magic

10. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We're they the same people saying Courtois is the worst keeper in Europe or were they different people?

Zidane didn't have a lot to show in the beginning but the introduction of Valverde was a major key moment in the season. He deserves as much praise for the recent results as he deserved criticism in the beginning where we we mostly playing with the old team and he was trying different ways to mix up the attack and nothing was working.

MaxY and Deep Pal repped this.
  12. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Nah
    We were simply impatient with him. I for one didn’t believe he will turn things around and he proved me wrong. This team is playing top notch football that I would have only dreamed possible 3 months ago.

Deep Pal, Drouchk and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  13. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There is a difference between constructive criticism & straight disrespect. I have an issue with people disrespecting our legends.

petros93 and Deep Pal repped this.
  14. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Some of the criticism was valid though. The guy insisted on Vazquez to a certain point, some games where we looked like we had no strategy or plan, the late subs.

But he has improved as the season went by, made smarter changes and the team improved naturally.

And the team is finally OK physically speaking, the injuries were simply crazy early in the season.

I love Zizou and I hope we can win something with him in this second tenure, where he seems even better at certain aspects of coaching.

I wonder if we would have done as bad as we did with Lopetegui if ZZ had decided to stay. What do you guys think?

Stiliyan repped this.
  15. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Criticisms aren’t the issue, we all criticize him when he makes decisions we don’t understand but calling for his sacking after a couple of pre season games is mental, especially when you consider how much he won in the past.

Whether he would have done as badly as Lope is hard to say, one of JL’s downfall was his reluctance to use the youth, Zidane would have done so where necessary.

petros93, Deep Pal, Digital and 2 others repped this.
  16. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    That's a fair assessment.

Drouchk repped this.
  17. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Courtois had been playing like crap. Even he knew he deserved constructive criticism.

However the hate you and others poured on Zidane even after he led us to three straight CL... shocking.

How you mocked him daily and shat on him as a player and manager. No one in this forum will ever forget and no one cares to hear the spin or excuses for why he deserved it because he never did.

You declared he would be a failure no matter what and laughed at the idea he could being success. For you he wouldn't have last to December.

Now of course hindsight is 20/20.

AriGold and Drouchk repped this.
  18. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Seriously.

They berated him for that 7-3 preseason match. Declared he was a fool for every personnel decision he made. The barrage of attacks were nonstop.

None will own it now. Much easier to deny ot move goalposts.

Drouchk repped this.
  19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    "constructive criticism" was him making saves and people saying the ball was shot straight at him? Or people actually claiming that every single shot on goal is a goal when Courtois is playing? People actually hope areola would be our starting goalkeeper. Like, on what planet is that constructive?

Zidane was playing Kroos, Modric, Casemiro with Lucas Vazquez and an absolutely overweight Hazard up front. He changed the team and credit to him, but the entire forum knew what he was doing was wrong.

20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Cry me a river.

By the way: the bottom line will be written at the end of the season, not during the mickey mouse cup.

21. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    No constructive criticism is mocking the "bald uncle" and saying you can't wait for him to get the fcuk out.

That and spazzing out about a preseason friendly in which you declare the season dead and the manager a buffon.

Drouchk repped this.
  22. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Lol, who is shocked about this?

You said a bunch of nonsense and now you will never own it.

@Zidane05 remember when I predicted he would do this? I called it lol.

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If he would have kept playing the same lineups he was playing at the start of the season, he would've been out already.

24. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Lol, how would he play the current lineup when we began the season with some of these guys injured?

Zidane slowly built this and returned olayers to form.

You're so bitter you can't even admit it. I'm just glad you never got your wish for Mourinho and your boy is over in London about to wreck another club NOT ours.

25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The team is playing in the Euroleague in exactly 3 minutes so get it all out of your system now. There are better things to do.