I'm Back! - Bienvenue Zizou

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by AriGold, Mar 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Mou finishing the league 2nd with that united team was his biggest achievement.

2. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Valverde was in South America for almost 2 weeks. I don't get why people thought he would play against a regulation team over guys like Isco who was in Spain the whole time and hadn't played in a while.

SayWhatIWant repped this.
  3. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    #953 robnycus, Oct 21, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    Casemiro was there as well and he played. Zidane thinking Isco is capable to control the midfield while at the same time provide the work-rate required for that position is dumb.
    The most sensible scenario was to start with your best and when we were ahead substitute Isco in.
    He can rotate as much as he wants as long as he has the players who are capable of playing at a level worthy of this team.. until that happens he needs to stick with the best players in every match.
    At this point no one really thinks Isco is Real Madrid quality unless he plays in a free role like he used to do for Spain and as a sub.. but not as a starting CM for Real Madrid..

SayWhatIWant repped this.
  4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not that simple at all. Just because Zidane doesn't fit our current situation doesn't mean he's not a good coach. I'm honestly surprised he returned because he would be better advised to go somewhere that brings cheap and easy titles (Juve, Bayern, PSG) so he can build a bigger legacy.

5. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Nobody is going to tell me Zidane is a better coach than Mou. Never.

Lyra, Modric-87 and SayWhatIWant repped this.
  6. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mourinho is washed up. Every long-term coach adapts their football over time. For example, current Man City is very different to Pep’s Barca teams.

Mourinho hasn’t adapted. At this point, He’s a serviceable coach with a lot of baggage. We should aim for better.

7. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    At this point, Zidane’s success is Ronaldo in his prime, to some extent Modric and Ramos.

He clearly can’t build a squad for shit. Ala Isco, Marcelo and Lucas Being his favourites.

Zidane is finished as coach as Real Madrid. The final nail in the coffin will be v Galatasary tomorrow because the team isn’t convinced of even getting a point there, let alone a win.

RMrules and Modric-87 repped this.
  8. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Zidane: "Tomorrow is a final. But as always... I've been here 19 years and the pressure is always going to be the same for every game. We got off to a bad start in the UCL & have a chance tomorrow to change that. Whatever happens tomorrow, there will be a lot of games left."

Yes. In the Europa.

Rest my case.

RMrules repped this.
  9. pramod

pramod Member

Realmadrid
    Sep 4, 2006
    Hyderabad @ India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Zidana has lost the plot, he is clueless to turn around team , relying on Zidane is doomed and it is better to try something new . Why no Mou, he is eager to comeback and we need someone with experience to manager team

But I would prefer tottemhem to fire pochettino and we can take that opportunity

RMrules repped this.
  10. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I just don't get how you say we're having a revolution and then only add Hazard to the equation. I think the others are great additions for the future but with the exception if Mendy and possibly Militao, I don't see how Zidane truly integrates the others, including our Brazilians, into the squad/XI in these next few years.

Also a huge part of me doesn't want to believe the Pogba or nothing rumors from this summer. That ZZ basically held the club hostage and sabotages our season basically over one player.

RMrules repped this.
  11. Modric-87

Modric-87 Member

Real Madrid
    Netherlands
    May 26, 2018
    Dont worry guys, Benzema will score 2 tomorrow and we win.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  12. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nobody at the club said we’re having a revolution. Us fans came up with that

Drouchk, Digital and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  13. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup.

14. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    It's morons making up stuff. Just read this page to see the level of stupidity being crapped out.

The worst part is anytime we do well they minimize it or disappear.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  15. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ok maybe not revolution but Zidane in his own words back in April said there were going to be changes in the summer time. Besides Eden, there were no big changes. Unacceptable.

https://www.apnews.com/ebc12f29dc9a4ea189fee978d6753041

Lyra repped this.
  16. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think both Zidane and Mourinho are stubborn and not very pragmatic coaches, something that is not fit to a team that is going through a transition/injuries.
    I would say that Mou is a better tactical coach than Zidane, but he has plenty of flaws on the personal level with the players.
    of course we need to win tomorrow, but Zidane will only be judged if/when we are mathematically out of the CL. you can never know what will happen with PSG and Brugge...

17. SayWhatIWant

SayWhatIWant Member+

Jan 10, 2015
    Well, clearly he wanted to get rid of James and Bale which would have freed up cash and space for other targets. It's not his fault those two weren't sold.

I'm not on the Zidane is incompetent boat. I refuse to even acknowledge the idea that an incompetent coach can lead to 4 major trophies in 2.5 years (3 CLs in a row). That simply is impossible and an absurd prospect.

Secondly, I think this team has shone tactically after the Paris game - demonstrated solid organization, pressing, tight defensive lines, and organized offensive play. I am confident with a healthy squad we can challenge any team. The problem is we have a thin squad.

18. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    Our biggest problem for years now is we can do anything against any opposition when we WANT it badly. I think a tactical coach who would instill some clear ideas , starting with the defence would do us good. Especially since we no longer have the best of the best in our attack. A Hazard , Benzema and Bale frontline isn't that scary at all.

19. SayWhatIWant

SayWhatIWant Member+

Jan 10, 2015
    I don't understand what these "clear idea" buzzwords signify. Zidane is clearly a pragmatist who plays according to the opposition. That has always been the case. Don't expect him to turn us into a tiki-taka team - and thank God that hasn't been the case.

20. Modric-87

Modric-87 Member

Real Madrid
    Netherlands
    May 26, 2018
    Better tiki taka then nothing at all.

Chinky24 repped this.
  21. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    According to the opposition. So we should change our style of play to mighty teams like Brugge and Mallorca ? We should command our style on other teams . You come here daring to state we had any sort of plan vs Mallorca ?
    Any lesser talented team with the will to win is giving us difficulties.

Edit : what I see is giving the ball to Kroos. He doesnt see any outlets so he passes either back to Ramos or he switches from flank. Benzema drops to the midfield or goes to the flanks . The other option is endless crossing to no mans land.

hector_br and Modric-87 repped this.
  22. SayWhatIWant

SayWhatIWant Member+

Jan 10, 2015
    It's difficult to play a possession-heavy style - which is what you are implicitly suggesting - when you do not have the personnel for it.
    You need personnel that is extremely mobile and rapid to negate the risk of a counter-attack. We do not have that. The solution is to sit deeper which will weaken our offensive game, but it protects us from exploitation by speedy wingers which we just are unable to deal with.

23. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  24. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    When we win tomorrow this clown will now pivot his bullshit to highlight whatever good we accomplished.

These types are shit stains. I don't care how people believe their every word; including JLS.

Galatico and Icalldibbs repped this.
  25. Icalldibbs

Icalldibbs Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Mar 12, 2019
    Agree. These people are rubbish and just hinder the development of the sport and create shit fans.