I'm Back! - Bienvenue Zizou

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by AriGold, Mar 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah nothing to do with zidane

But solari got a crap deal. I hope he can get an opportunity somewhere. He did better than given credit for

Anon. and robnycus repped this.
  2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Isco kicking him while he's down and suddenly talking as if he's a star as soon as Zidane signed was a bad omen.

Anon. repped this.
  3. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Lopetegui lost 0-3 against Sevilla in September of last year.. When Solari took over we were ninth on the table, yeah that’s right, 9TH unfu***g believable .. by January when we played Sevilla and beat them 2-0 with Vini in the starting lineup we had jumped to 3rd in the standings..

That game and the win against Atletico at Wanda are probably the best games we’ve played all year .. both under Solari.

We’ll see how it goes tomorrow.

BjornH repped this.
  4. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I wish there was an LOL button for this.

Modric-87 and BjornH repped this.
  5. BjornH

BjornH Member

AC Milan
    Norway
    Mar 25, 2019
    Norway
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I`m excited for tomorrow games it start early with Mallroca & Real Sociedad Kubo & Ødegaard, let`s go! :)

Yannick Relens and Drouchk repped this.
  6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not a huge fan of Zidane's recent work but Segurola is the biggest hater ever. :ROFLMAO:

7. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  9. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
  10. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    ZZ's not going to come out and blast Lucas no matter how bad he plays. I think he see's Lucas's past reliability as a major factor for playing him. Plus we can't forget Asensio is out injured, Rodrygo just joined the team, and Vini has been struggling. I don't like it but I get why Lucas gets the time he does. Ideally though, Vini gets back to being on fire and Rodrgo continues to wow so we never have to see Lucas again.

11. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He wasn't his usual bad, apart from a few comedy moments, but i wouldn't describe it as a good game either. He had one pretty good pass that Jovic couldn't convert to a goal and that's about it.

12. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

"A madre" loosely translate to went hard, goes all out.

"Veo de puta madre" is very different, it could mean "like a b*tch" or "like an all out mother ducking b*tch."

I'm not sure of the context or tone of voice, which also factor into interpretation.

13. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Yes, Like going all out sounds about right.

14. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea but "de puta madre" is totally different from a la madre (to give it all).

Puta is bitch, lesbian or prostitute (or any combination of all 3).

15. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zidane deserves a lot of credit for the last 3 games. The team looks totally different from the PSG game, we are much more organized and motivated right now. Starting a midfielder like Fede has given our team a lot of energy in the midfield and it allows both Kroos and Casemiro to focus on what they do best. This is one of the reasons why i always thought that VdB would help our midfield a lot.

If he can manage to get the best out of Hazard and Jovic we will have a very strong team once again.

Credit to Zizou for changing things up a little bit and motivating the squad again, let's hope it lasts.

16. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    So far Zidane has managed to resuscitate Varane, Marcelo, Casimero, Kroos and Nacho, is Isco ( who looked good before his injury ) next?

Anyways as @Eddie said above we look a different team lately, our backline and midfield haven’t been on the same page like this in a long long time, and I’m sure Zidane sees that more is needed from the attack and they’re working on it.
    Our transitions leave a lot to be desired but I have faith it’ll all get sorted as the progresses , we might actually have a title wining squad on our hands.

Oh and it’s good to see the silly demands that he gets fired after 4 games cease even if they’re most likely to be back after next loss.

17. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Casemiro? I thought he has always been good for us, even last year in that mess of a season

Bear Crotch, AriGold and Eddie repped this.
  18. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    I’ll have to disagree on that one, last year I thought he was several level below his best, he was better than his counterparts but that doesn’t really say much lol. Although to be fair to him it could be due to the fact that we were all over the place as a team which made his job even harder.

19. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well - bumping this as this thread might be more short-lived than I'd imagined!

As much as I'd like to think that this is not on management, as Sun Tzu once wrote: “If words of command are not clear and distinct, if orders are not thoroughly understood, then the general is to blame.”

I, for one, am running out of patience because no matter who is underperforming, at the end of the day, it is the leader's responsibility to get results, regardless of circumstances and fortune. We've had a summer to refresh and reinforce, and I don't think that the current run of results will see Zidane lasting past the winter transfer period out. And this is coming from a Zidane supporter.

Yannick Relens repped this.
  20. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He doing zero influence and changes, zero.He will probably start same Luka.Kroos and Case till 2030 if its possible. And for once, how the hell club like Real Madrid in Champions league game can start player like Lucas?? how?

RMrules repped this.
  21. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We played well at Sevilla and Atletico. Tonight was due to poor team selection and terrible attitude by the players. Seems like we are a mess unless ZZ prepares them to play with intensity and focus before every game. Modric, Lucas and Courtois shouldn't be starting much at this point. Rodrygo snubbed ever since magical debut. That's ridiculous.

Deep Pal repped this.
  22. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think him coming back was a mistake. A mutual decision to part ways needs to be announced at the end of the season regardless of what we win.

Has there ever been a youth player who succeeded under Zidane?He got extremely lucky with the core of our 4 out of 5 CL years coming into or being their prime at the same time but give this guy young players to develop and he completely forgets they even exist.

MaxY repped this.
  23. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This I second. I've kind of become convinced that coaches returning for a second stint isn't always a great look, and I'm not sure this is going to play out how we'd ideally want.

That being said, we have had limited success:
    - Asensio for a brief moment
    - Odegaard due to luck + foresight if he returns
    - Morata was a great super-sub
    - Casemiro has blossomed (ish?)

The downside is that most of the players that I thought would become world-class have sucked ass, like Carvajal, Isco, even Theo and Vallejo.

Deep Pal repped this.
  24. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    We have seen enough, so far, to draw some conclusions of where this team is headed.

First of all:Since Zidane came back , I have seen nothing on the pitch that tells me that this team has a consistent and clear concept of football.

To elaborate, Chelsea are trying to implement a certain style under Frank Lampard. The execution isn't perfect, or even close to that, but anyone watching Chelsea can tell that the team is heading towards a predetermined destination with a clear idea of football.

We don't have that! As a matter of fact, we didn't have that for some time now. We kind of had under Lopetegui, but he inherited a CR-less team with so many needed changes, but at least there was a certain style/system/concept of football.

Under Zidane, there is no clear system/philosophy/idea of football. Oh sorry, I take that back ... actually our idea of football is to play the ball into the flanks and try to force crosses into the box just in case someone ********s up after 40 crosses, and one of players gets the chance to head the ball.

My problem with that approach goes beyond the obvious. If you want to implement a cross-cross-cross style of football, then at least have a ********ing No9 who can fight for the damn crosses (tip: Jovic/Mariano)

So, there is no proper football system/concept/ideas, so far! Or at least, not one that has merit of success (Cross-Cross-Cross is not a football idea).

Second Point
    LV is a player than puts in an immense amount of efforts, but that doesn't mean he is performing well. If the whole world can see it, how can Zidane not see it?
    Starting LV in this game was a mistake. We lost the first game and we needed to win this one. We should've gone with the full firing power.
    Ok, now you wanna correct the mistake ... you sub Vinicius in? Again?
    The guy is under immense pressure to perform and he is failing badly. This game was not the right one to use him. Almost everything he did was wrong! I said it from the first minute he got in: this sub was a huge mistake.
    We should've subbed Jovic.

Now this isn't just related to this game. Zidane kept repeating similar mistakes in similar situations. My second point is: Zidane keeps giving chances to players who are not really that good - and he gives them those chances in the wrong games + his in game management can be TERRIBLE at times, and it's not 1-2 games that he showed poor judgment.

Third Point
    Zizou achieved a lot as a head-coach and he deserves to be given enough time to implement his ideas (that I cannot see). However, I would demand results before giving up control over transfers the way it happened in the summer. If he doesn't deliver, then the club should appoint a sporting director who would work with him on transfers (even sales) and the SD should have the final say.
    The reason I am saying this is because we need change. And Zidane isn't the right guy for it. I just don't see him selling players like Marcelo/LV/Modric/Isco, even though we should inject some fresh blood and players who can perform better at the highest level.

Fourth Point
    Again, I am against a 'death watch' or whatever sack watch threads, the guy deserves time ... but I am 100% behind improving the coaching staff. There seems to be a lack of tactical knowledge in our coaching staff (in comparison to the top teams). I would want the club to add someone with vast tactical knowledge to the coaching staff team.

Of course it should be done with an open and honest discussion, but this is an area that I would rather improve this way rather than by sacking Zidane and his team.

Overall, I still think we can achieve good things this season, but Zidane will have to be careful with his squad selection (since he's not going to provide tactical masterclasses).

We have a big sale list for next summer either way.

Vector-SS, Deep Pal and MerlinRM repped this.
  25. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    i was super excited when he came back and said "There will be changes"
    well the changes are playing his friends ,the same tactics ,the same awful subs.
    He is still in 2016/2017 .......if he just give a chance to Vinicius,Rodrygo,Jovic in their natural positions ,we will be better becauee they are talents and are hungry.......but he plays his friends and the belgium guy who is hungry very much