Illinois State Cup

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by SoccerLad, Mar 5, 2007.

1. beautifulgame11

beautifulgame11 New Member

May 16, 2005
    and there are plenty of places for refs to gain experience...and i agree we need more GOOD refs. HOWEVER, a place to cut your teeth and learn should not be in a state cup semi final...maybe in the illinois cup, or your regular youth tournaments, but for state cup games, it should be the best of the best. can't the find guys who do college games to do state cup (or have some sort of rating system so the best youth refs are doing the important games)? I agree that we need more refs, but they shouldn't fumbling through their mistakes at games like this.

2. lowdraw

lowdraw New Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Thanks for advice Coach George....as you are from Elgin, what girl's programs are good in this area? My daughter did tryout for the Magic, and I am not sure which coach spoke to us, but he did seem very professional.

3. DC UNITED 10

DC UNITED 10 New Member

Dec 11, 2006
    ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, I
    Your post is surprising!
    I stated an opinion that a player did not deserve an ODP spot. You find this as comparative slander to the boy question?? Come on now.

And your refusal to remove the slander of the boy in question which you claim you need to shut down the thread is an outrage! You can sanitize the posts by removing the boys name right? So please do it so I can inform the parents accordingly.

4. MenaceFanatic

MenaceFanatic New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    How is it alright for you to say (by name) that a kid doesn't deserve his ODP spot but it isn't alright for Gazoomba (who is a player and has played against the kid you are speaking up for) to say that a player is "slow" or was a better player when he was younger? I would say the difference is that you have some connection to the one you are defending and not to the one you are defaming.

I would guess it equally as damaging to the player you claim doesn't deserve his ODP spot as it is to the player you don't want called "slow". One is not right and the other wrong, both are wrong.

5. MenaceFanatic

MenaceFanatic New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    Will you also then be informing the parents of the player you slandered by saying he didn't deserve his ODP spot that I have removed his name as well?

It is now done and I have "sanitzied" that thread. Enjoy.....I didn't discriminate so all the good stuff and bad stuff is gone. So, good luck trying to use posts on BigSoccer as a recruiting tool. Please feel free to contact your wife and let her know you got your son's name cleared.

6. Coach George

Coach George Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Elgin, Il
    There are several girls clubs in the Elgin area from recreational to mid Level to highly Elite. The lower level will tend to play in the Illinois Womens Soccer League and the higher level play in the more competitive Northern Illinois Soccer League. Here are the main clubs in every level.

Outlanders Soccer Club - AYSO
    Oak Tree Lane, Elgin
    Ph: 847-464-4625
    Strictly recreational with parental coaching and involvement (every club in this country of every caliber has strong parental involvement but this club has the parents as actual coaches). Annual cost about $200.

Tri City Soccer, St. Charles, Il
    Practices and games held about 15 minutes south of Elgin.
    A higher level than recreational, more around the mid level. Annual cost about $600.
    www.tcsa.net

Elgin Kickers, Elgin, Il
    Practices held at the Elgin complex by the river.
    A higher level than Tri City with professional coaches and more competitive and travel type girls soccer. Annual cost about $1,600.00.
    www.elginkickers.com

Campton United, St. Charles, Il
    Elite program, highly competitive with professional coaches and a brilliant future, Price range about $1,600.00 per year.
    www.camptonunited.com

Sockers FC, Elgin
    Highly Elite and highly recommendable and run by my good friend and ex Brasilian National team player, Nilton Batata (847) 788-5327. Sockers is attempting to expand into the Elgin area and whether they will have enough players to expand into Elgin is not yet known. For more information please speak to Batata.
    Annual cost about $2,200.00 but you get what you pay for in development.
    www.sockersfc.net

Try outs for all of these clubs are forthcoming in the very near future depending on the age of your daughter. Good luck.

7. esther15

esther15 New Member

Jan 25, 2006
    What does that post with tryout info have to do with IL State Cup. Tryouts are listed on IYSA

8. DC UNITED 10

DC UNITED 10 New Member

Dec 11, 2006
    ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, I
    Not my son buddy but a close friend. Look at registration.
    I would also just like to educate you that Gazoomba is not a player as you think. He is a parent of a player on the Magic - and he intentionally set out to slander a player. he only pretends to be a player - he has several screen names - Gazoomba is just one of them.

9. XSOX

XSOX New Member

Feb 27, 2006

10. Celtic3

Celtic3 New Member

Apr 5, 2004
    Beautiful Game: I understand and sympathise having been at the wrond end of those decisions on multiple occasions however at the end of the day it's a GAME and the referees are not full time professionals.I used to rant on the sidelines too but one day the penny dropped for me when I thought .....what if it was my kid who was the Ref who blew the call? How would I feel seeing adults on the sideline scream,threaten and abuse him?...........Life is short......screaming about a decision at a State Cup game is just a waste of time and energy and at the end of the day it accomplishes nothing.Those who yell might get another ref to quit but all they do is create a vacancy for more in-experienced referees to fill the void.

Just my 2 Cents.

11. chitownseadog

chitownseadog Member

Dec 21, 2006
    well said......for a celtic fan ;)

12. SoccerLad

SoccerLad New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    So does anyone have results from yesterday State Cup??????????????

13. MenaceFanatic

MenaceFanatic New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    I apologize if my comment was off the mark. However, I am not sure how you would know exactly who Gazoomba is? I am a Mod and have some different tools available to me than you do, but to find out exactly who someone is is not one of them. So, I am curious how you would know that unless he specifically told you this. If you have proof, please provide it.

Also, I don't believe that Gazoomba purposely set out to slander a player? YOU brought the name up....and if you are a close friend, why did you bring it up? YOU asked IF the player was back with Magic....I would think that unless you wanted this person's name discussed you would not have asked the question. If you are close friends with the family and it was simply a question, why would you ask a bunch of people on a Board and not your "close friends"? If you don't want a player cut down, don't mention them by name. If you are looking to get praise for a player by name on a Board, expect that as many who may have praise for that player may also have criticisms.

Sorry for hi-jacking the thread.

14. Coach George

Coach George Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Elgin, Il
    XSOS - I agree the IWSL has very strong girls teams in the higher division but NISL does tend to attract the higher level clubs… I'm not trying to say they are better teams.

Esther - The little lady needed help and advice for her daughter during this stressful period of her trying to find something better for her daughter. I simply gave her the information and advice she asked for. Now I know you could give a hoot about helping other people, but I needed to respond to her with assistance.

1 Touch – Winning State Cups is not the criterion for successful youth development. Sorry.

Bird1812 – If you find this discussion fascinating, you should see what really goes on.
    About the Adidas incident, this Brasilian fajuto moderator is on my ass (is it ok to use that word?). But you can PM me if you like but I will need to hide the names to protect the innocent.

Offsidesagain – What inside information would you like to know about the Sockers, Magic, Raptors or FC Chicago? I should be receiving a commission with all of the newbies registering.

Beautiful game – Relax and lighten up buddy. We will have plenty of time to discuss refs, strategies, and game plans, and teams, etc..
    Come to Rio with me and we will go to the Maracana and watch Flamengo vs. Vasco. We will sit together right in middle of the torcida Raca of Flamengo, and when Vasco scores this is what you do. You jump up and down and scream Goooooooooooooooal!!

U16 - Windy City Pride vs. FC United is tonight at 5:00 pm.

Anyway, good luck this week end to all of the State Cup teams. There will be some great matches in store.

15. DC UNITED 10

DC UNITED 10 New Member

Dec 11, 2006
    ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, I
    My God why do you keep coming back on this. You expect me just to sit here and listen to your ridiculous explanations. Look at the facts buddy. I came on and made a simple question whether the kid was back with Magic because he was a previous player during their two year USYS championship run. Gazoomba registered within 1 hour of the post and his first post was a slander on the player. That slander appeared in the kids name in a google search. The slander continued excessively during the following week and you did absolutely nothing despite the complaints by the mother to the administrator. The slanders, cruelty and insults by Gazoomba continued until last week and you continued to do nothing about it until statements made by other posters bothered you. Now if you think that Gazoomba was not set up by an over jealous Magic parent already registered under another screen name in this site for the express purpose of slandering the kid, then I have a very good business proposition for you.

Anyway, thanks for having removed the slander and his parents thank you for it.

16. beautifulgame11

May 16, 2005
    I agree, and i am not in favor of parents/fans whining or complaining during the game or making it an excuse. all i was asking was if anyone else felt that the quality of the refs did not match the quality of the games being played...and if there was anything any of you could see being done about it. like i said, in this instance, the best team won, it was just under sad circumstances.

17. Illinois Soccer

Illinois Soccer New Member

Mar 8, 2007
    Plainfield, IL
    I strongly agree that the quality of referring has been extremely poor so far in the State Cup. Last Saturday there were 27 red cards issued. That's right 27 red cards. FC Chicago U17 had 3 red cards issued and played almost half of the game with 7 field players. A couple of the red cards were for a straightforward foul or a complaint to the refs. Regrettably there is no governing body similar to what FIFA has. All you can do is file a complaint with the IYSA and hope they will find quality refereeing.

Celtic, I don't agree with your taking the situation so lightly. These boys spent months of hard preparation, conditioning, practicing, dreaming and spilling their blood to advance in the State Cup and to have a referee take that away from them is unacceptable. Remember, don't ever listen to somebody telling you that "referees don't win games, players do". Wrong. Referees do in fact influence the results of matches repeatedly.

18. Illinois Soccer

Mar 8, 2007
    Plainfield, IL
    16's game in Elgin.. FC United up 1x0 on Windy City Pride with 20 minutes left in the game.

19. Illinois Soccer

Mar 8, 2007
    Plainfield, IL
    Correction - Last Sunday were the 27 red cards ( not Saturday)

20. beautifulgame11

May 16, 2005
    final?

21. kennie

kennie Member

Mar 4, 2005

FC2 WC 0

22. JMPN Dad

JMPN Dad New Member

Aug 21, 2002
    New Lenox
    Celtic is still alive.

23. Celtic3

Celtic3 New Member

Apr 5, 2004
    Remember I picked Greece to win Euro 2004.............

24. Gazoomba

Gazoomba New Member

Dec 11, 2006
    Ne body have scores from today

25. SoccerLad

SoccerLad New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Well I just heard that the Magic smacked the Sockers at 15. 4 to 1. And get this Lightning went up 2-0 and won 2-1 over the Wind and their stud.

So a Magic vs Lightning U15 final.