Ignore the blah, blah, blah - the Paul Pogba thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Sofabloke, Aug 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've explicitly told you that this is not true.

2. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    What do the English media have to do with his valuation?

3. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nobody thinks he is our only problem. But when you are the guys the team is built around, the highest paid player (other than Sanchez), and the focal part of the team, you're going to take some heat when the team loses and you coast around for 90 minutes. He's also the guy that gets credit when we win.

4. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You don't believe the press has an impact on the perceived value of a player?

5. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    Pogba is worth about £140-180m. That's £240-280m plus Bale.

J'can and benni... repped this.
  6. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jokes aside, how about a transaction involving Isco or Kroos?

7. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Not that much. If that was the case Ronaldo would have cost you more, and Neymar would cost PSG less.
    Isco is a maybe. Kroos is a ******** NO!!!!

8. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Give me a number+Isco for Pogba. A serious one.

9. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No to Kroos for sure. Isco would be open for consideration as far as I'm concerned. But do not expect a fair deal in your favor: Real are the one who are desperate for Pogs. We are not ready (or willing) to sell. 100mil, plus Isco and we might have a deal.

10. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Lol fcuk me this hilarious. Great post.

11. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I can assure you I'm not Ed Woodward and don't have the authorization to make this deal. Oh and swaps plus money rarely happen.

I guarantee you won't get Pogba for less than 125 mil. And thats only if he publicly requests a move. Otherwise, you're paying 150 mil or higher.

12. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't believe we are desperate. We could probably get Eriksen for cheaper since his contract is running out. Lo Celso is shining in la liga and could probably be had for cheaper as well.

I think the rumors are because Pogba himself has created them. But Florentino has walked away from too expensive deals in the past few years. I think 100 and Isco would be too much, but perhaps not too far off.

13. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Isco and £100mil.

14. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Again, Pogba is more than what you get on the pitch. Woodward is fully aware of that fact: you can compare Pogs to Lo Celso and Eriksen all you want, but their value comes nowhere close to Pogba. That is a very simple and clear fact.
    Will say it again: unless Pogba puts United in a corner and tries to force his way out, Woodward will not let him go on the cheap. If at all...

15. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with you. The question is where the perceived valuation currently is. Ill repeat: i understand the marketability has a serious impact on that valuation. However, don't expect Madrid to simply give whatever fee you want. Modric was not the marketable player he is today when we bought him from Tottenham. Im sure you are aware that Hazard and Jovic are serious possibilities for Madrid.

I think if Madrid puts up 140 and Paul wants to go(i think he does), United would take it.

16. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Woodward and United don't want anything for Pogba from Real at this time. That's the point you conveniently seem to overlook also. If Pogba puts in a transfer request, different story but we're not there yet. And Woodward's main focus will be to do his utmost to keep him at the club.

17. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very well. If in the summer it seems he wants to leave, ill return and ask again.

18. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    You think because a few people on a forum are complaining and a few shitty tabloids run there agenda, his value is lower?

Let me ask you, how much do you think it will take Madrid to get
    1. Hazard
    2. Mbappe
    3. Neymar?

Respectfully, the above has nothing to do with anything. We're not Tottenham and Modrid [as good as he is] was not Pogba when he left Spurs mainly as far as marketing.

What does this have to do with anything?

19. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please dont get triggered. Im simply asking what fee you think the two clubs would come to an agreement on. The rumors all say 150 euro.

The point of what i was saying was Ashur suggested Madrid are desperate and will therefore capitulate on a much higher fee. I was suggesting otherwise.

We're not getting Neymar nor Mbappe. Don't know why you are bringing them up. Hazard is likely going to come for 100 mill euro.

20. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If you're going to post here, don't run back to your Madrid board and run your mouth. I've peaked in there before and delusion is widespread. One of the worst boards on BS.

21. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I come here sincerely asking because of the rumors and for the most part all I get is hostility. It seems Ashur was the only one willing to engage.

22. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    Hostility? This is how we talk to each other. Sack up.

benni... and J'can repped this.
  23. incighte

incighte Red Card

May 1, 2016
    When Mourinho was sacked we were 50% of the way out of the dark.

This cantankerous ******** is the other 50%.

All the talent in the world, but a poser and a loser. This interview bull shit that came out today is the 'poser' portion of his character.

24. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I tried to remain as civil as I could in this discussion. But to be perfectly frank, the sense of entitlement and arrogance that is coming off regarding this matter, is a bit offensive.
    To then return to the Real board and accuse us of being delusional is even more offensive and kind of a bush move tbh...

benni... repped this.
  25. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What exactly am I suggesting we are entitled to? Why is it arrogant to ask what fee you all think the clubs would agree to in an event of a sale?

And yes, I went on the Real board and wrote that 1 person who suggested an outrageous fee was delusional. But sure, that is certainly much worse than getting called crazy on here or saying absurd things like 240-280 plus Bale.

Let's just stop I guess. It seems the atmosphere on this board is much more tense.