Ignore the blah, blah, blah - the Paul Pogba thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Sofabloke, Aug 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    I think united will only listen or talk if Pogs have made it clear he wants out which looks the case. How many us will be cool selling Pogs with our in inability to recruit top talent and nose-diving image in Europe.

2. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Alternate is what keeping him against his will? We all saw during Jose's time what happens when he gets moody.

3. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Yeah i get it but how confident are u we are going to replace him adequately?? This furthur underlines our inability to keep top talent or supplement the the top talent to succeed and win trophies. We are not appealing prospect across europe.

4. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pogba making it crystal clear he wants to leave is him putting in a transfer request (which he hasn't done yet). Anything else as far as far as I'm concerned is noise and slick maneuverings from Raiola (and Pogs also) to get United to make some real moves to improve the team or land him a big contract.
    And again, he can't be really blamed for turning up the pressure on United: he came back on the assumption that he'd be at the heart of the club's big rebuilding project to get us back to the top, and challenging not only for the league but also for Europe at some point. 3yrs on, we're nowhere near there and going backwards actually. Why wouldn't he seduced by other clubs under those circumstances?
    With that being said, United don't have to make it easy and just willingly let him go either. This is part of the game and if United hold their nerve when it comes to Pogs, don't let him go and are actually serious about legitimately strengthening the team, then there is a chance he could sign a new contract with us, especially if we show signs of real progress next season.

Anonymous_United repped this.
  5. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
  6. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    With our current board, i am not much hopeful. But i would rather have someone who is talented and wants to give 100% every match. Everyone knew Hazard was going to RM almost 3 yrs ago. Yet it didn't stop him from giving his best to his current club. I want someone like that. Whether we get that is an entirely different matter.

Anonymous_United and incighte repped this.
  7. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    https://www.skysports.com/football/...-hold-paul-pogba-talks-with-man-utd-in-london

he's there for a few reasons. maybe this is one fo them.

also, don't necessarily attribute José going solely to Pogba. the friction between them didn't help but José lashed out at everyone including Woodward. he probably pissed off the wrong guy in Ed or too many people in total and had to go.

all that is before bad results are considered too

8. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Mouthpiece in full propaganda mode.

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2019/06/14/5d03fc58ca47412d578b45c4.html

Love how they conveniently overlook Juve's interest, which has been pretty public and is well known at this juncture. Guessing we can expect for that campaign of theirs in Real's behalf to ramp up further the deeper into the summer we get. Probably will get more acerbic as time goes on (United are treating Pogba like a slave, keeping him against his will etc...)

9. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  10. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Sell him to Juventus instead of Madrid ...

11. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pogba now has publicly let it be known he wants out, it needs to happen as quickly as possible, because we've got work to do.
    Would probably rather sell him to Juve as well, but it's about the money and who will pay more between them and Real. And more importantly, it's vital for us to actually use the money we'll get for him (or at least a large portion of it) and use it for a top player.
    Fernandes, Ndombele/Tielemans or even Kessie (who is on the market reportedly for £30mil) and Partey would be a great looking midfield in the wake of Pogba's departure.

12. LA. MAN UNITED

LA. MAN UNITED Member+

May 22, 2006
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Non-story until he officially puts in a transfer request.

13. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He can ******** right off then. Saying new challenge as if he's accomplished anything here, lol.

He may be our best field player, but we need to rebuild without him in mind.

14. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he doesn’t want to be here he can get ********ed. That said we should take nothing less than £150M for him.

15. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

16. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    United 16 repped this.
  17. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Mediocre player and I can not wait until our only outfield world class player is gone (and knowing us, not replaced properly).
    When it's all said and done though, this puts it all in perspective...

There is no denying that his effort level at times was not what was expected of him, but he's still one of the very few top quality players we've got and we failed to consistently surround him with proper talent in his time at the club.

18. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    if Pogba does leave and we somehow get Bruno Fernandes would you folks be satisfied with that?

19. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Depending on cash difference between both, absolutely.

Still need to address other areas though. That's a given.

20. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But remember it was entitlement and arrogance because I came asking about a hypothetical price

21. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #2621 Ashur, Jun 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2019

Sums up my thoughts on this situation to a tee. There really is no sense for the club to keep a player against his will and I hope that their response to Pogs's comments is nothing more than a negotiating tactic to ensure they get full value for him (130--150mil, cash only).
    We already needed 2 CMs (a DCM and a B2B to replace Herrera). Pogba leaving means we now need 3: those 2 would be a great start to rebuild our midfield but any combo of Fernandes, plus NDombele/Tielemans/Rabiot/Kessie, plus Partey/Ndidi (or even Diawara, available reportedly for only around 20mil) , would be a job very well done in terms of our midfield.
    This can't drag on for the whole summer though and Woodward needs to be decisive and swift in his dealings for a change.

22. JC7rox

JC7rox Member+

Manchester United FC, LAFC
    Jun 11, 2004
    West Coast, Cali!
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This could actually be good for the club. DDG should be next. Get rid of top stars. Finally start from scratch. #olesatthewheel

23. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #2623 Ashur, Jun 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    If we reinvest the money from those sales into top, burgeoning talent in areas of need, it could be a good thing in the long run. But if we go the Ronaldo route when we sold him 10yrs ago, and try to replace those guys with middle of the road or subpar talent, then we'll be in trouble and fall further behind: there's too much quality and money in the Prem now to try and do things on the cheap, with any design of being actually competitive in the league. One Daniel James type per window is enough and we better hope it's not what our "new" strategy is about.

24. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Absolutely despite the gulf in talent, Bruno if he signs would actually want to be here. I believe he would want to prove that he can make the leap to the prem and actually put forth an effort. Pogba meanwhile has been ghosting in an out of matches for awhile now.

25. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DDG has been such a professional since the failed transfer to Madrid. He hasn’t gone to the press like Pogba has or used his agent as leverage to leave the club. I think the best scenario is for him to play out his contract and leave on a free. My hope is that Henderson can hack it in the prem and that he becomes first choice next year. I think that’s best for both the club and De Gea since he would get a nice sign on Bonus next year.