Ifab meeting

Discussion in 'Referee' started by bothways, Mar 2, 2019.

1. socal lurker

socal lurker Member+

May 30, 2009
    The AYSO National office has been shrinking, not growing. I'm pretty sure that Taidgh is not just the leader of the paid referee staff, but the sole member of the referee staff. So all of the work updating the instruction materials is done by volunteers. AYSO instructors who wants to volunteer in the effort to update instructional materials should contact their SRA, as I'm sure more help would be more than welcome. (I'm a volunteer working on the Regional materials--anyone with suggestions for the Regional materials (instructor outline or power point slides) can also PM me with those suggestions. I'm biased, but I thought we made some good improvements last year. Hopefully we can nudge them a bit better again this year.

(But don't waste time sending me ideas about BS or AYSOU--I'm not involved in those. AYSO did hire a tech guy to help try to deal with some of the issues related to those systems that had us all banging our heads against walls.)

2. Rocinante

Rocinante Member

Oct 9, 2018
    I chuckled about not sending you ideas about BS until I realized it meant Blue Sombrero (if there is even a difference).

cinepro and socal lurker repped this.
  3. cinepro

cinepro Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    #153 cinepro, Mar 20, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    Do not. Get me started. On Blue Sombrero...:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I implement IT projects at my company, and whenever I need an example for a presentation on the most botched implementation I've ever seen, the AYSO implementation of BS is my go-to story. The only joy I get is when new Board Members try to use it and ask simple questions about how to do stuff, and when they find out that they can't do it or how difficult it is, they think I'm joking. The look on their faces when they discover just how terrible the system is is priceless. And then they just stop showing up for board meetings.

The tragedy is that the National Office is relying on the loyalty the Regions have to their players; in any normal vendor/ customer relationship, it never would have worked. I've suggested that our Region separate from AYSO, and with the inept implementation of the new volunteer fee, I may finally get some traction for the idea.

SCV-Ref repped this.