If you were the Coach

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Ruben Rivas, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Ruben Rivas

Ruben Rivas Member

Madrid
    United States
    Apr 1, 2017
    Miami
    This is hypothetical but just for fun, how would you manage the team?

2. TurdFerguson

TurdFerguson Member

United States
    Jan 11, 2013
    Like a FOX!

3. Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jul 8, 2017
    I'd ask to coach the women's team instead, schedule friendlies in the same cities as these ICC games, and encourage my players to go out to the bars frequented by the Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, etc. players

4. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I would coach like Osorio does Mexico. Send out a different starting lineup every single match and try different players at unnatural positions.

Then come on here and laugh as I read all the comments.

5. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    I would tell my players to be nasty and to express themselves. I'd play to win all matches with my 4th , 5th and 6th subs making the difference after 80 minutes.

I'd make sure my players eat properly and have tight hamstrings.

gunnerfan7 and Ironbound repped this.
  6. Ruben Rivas

Ruben Rivas Member

Madrid
    United States
    Apr 1, 2017
    Miami
    Since we are all being sarcastic, I will call 23 Latin players, no more long balls and parking the bus lmaof

Seriously though.

I will start by retiring Suzi and Zardes from our national team, priorities first.

No more Beasly and Hegdes and all that nonsense. Bench Acosta.

Benny will be my captain.

7. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I would like to see what Morris, Pulisic and Wood could do on the field at the same time.

Would be pretty deadly on counters and not too many teams in the CONCACAF can keep up with the pace of all three of those guys.
    I would still call up Jermaine Jones even if his MLS form is bad. He is one of the only players I know who can send accurate long balls to these three speedsters.

8. Ruben Rivas

Ruben Rivas Member

Madrid
    United States
    Apr 1, 2017
    Miami
    I will start Jermaine Jones over Bradley and have Bradley as a super sub.

9. Jay510

Jay510 Member+

Apr 21, 2002
    Gadsden Purchase, AZ
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Invite 0 players over the age 31 to the next camp and the world cup, except for Geoff Cameron and Goal Keepers

10. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In all seriousness, I would re-hire Hugo Perez for the YNT program and other Latino-friendly personnel. HP was someone who helped make it more comfortable for Mexican-Americans and other Latin-Americans to integrate into the U.S. Soccer program. There are quite a handful of American-born-and-raised, USSDA-developed Mexican-Americans who are currently playing for Mexico over the US. Some of our players -- Jesse Gonzalez, Brandon Vazquez, Bofo Saucedo, Jacobo Reyes, Uly Llanez -- we have gotten back into our program after they played for Mexico. Others, we have not yet gotten back and might not ever. At least one, Edwin Lara, appears to have left in large part because Perez got canned, otherwise he may well have stuck with us over Mexico.

For a more humorous/joking measure, I would also contact the US government/Trump administration to evict and imprison all of the FMF scouts who have offices in Los Angeles, San Diego, Dallas, Houston, and other Mexican-American hotbeds in the US, who are looking to poach our players.

11. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I'd try for more away games. But of course friendlies domestically earn way more than those we play overseas. Not to mention trying to schedule with major Euro/Asian/South American nations, the difficulties.

12. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    Hire Arena as my assistant who does all the work. Collect my salary and get as much free Nike stuff as I can.

jmplautz repped this.
  13. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You've missed a crucial part. Where are your motivational speakers?

How will players be able to execute your instructions (something along the lines of "Go and win the game") without watching someone roll up a frying pan with their bare hands???

cleansheetbsc repped this.