If you could write the script for the finals, what would it be?

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by uncchamps2012, Jul 5, 2015.

1. uncchamps2012

uncchamps2012 Member

Jul 9, 2011
    No ridiculous fantasy scripts. You have to consider it within the realm of possibility... With a straight face.
    List order of goals, by whom, what minute and anything else reasonable you would like to includ.

2. jackiesdad

jackiesdad Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Lloyd with a rocket from the 18 from the run of play in the 44th minute to put us up 1-0. Then Japan battles back with a nifty goal of their own in the 60th minute. Then Abby gets subbed on in the 80th minute and 5 minutes later scores on a header off a corner kick. Solo pushes a Japan shot wide in the 92nd minute to preserve the 2-1 win. Abby announces her retirement during her post-game interview.

uncchamps2012 repped this.
  3. uncchamps2012

uncchamps2012 Member

Jul 9, 2011
    Love it! More!

4. uncchamps2012

uncchamps2012 Member

Jul 9, 2011
    And you can name the award winners, too, if you want, taking into account the script you write.

5. uncchamps2012

uncchamps2012 Member

Jul 9, 2011
    #5 uncchamps2012, Jul 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
    Johnston scores off a header from a Rapinoe corner in the 35th. Lloyd scores from 30 yards out just before halftime. Japan scores off a free kick in the 65th. Japan scores another in the 85th on a set piece. Abby, who came on in the 80th,scores on a dribbling display on her own , starting at midfield in the 89th. Johnston heads one off the line to save the game in the 93rd. Johnston-Golden ball. Lloyd -silver. Lucy Bronze - Bronze

6. thegamesthatrate

Jan 9, 2007
    That fantasy, if it were to occur in reality, would age me ten years.

7. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Five US goals in the first 10 minutes. Blood pressure related.

hedur repped this.
  8. hedur

hedur Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would love to see Solo maintain a clean sheet so...a fantastic game winning header by Johnston in the 43rd. And a stunner by Wambach in the 89th just to clinch it.

9. uncchamps2012

uncchamps2012 Member

Jul 9, 2011
    If someone had said Lloyd scores twice in the first five minutes, I would have disqualified as unreasonable!

hedur repped this.
  10. hedur

hedur Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like to amend my script to say 10-0 USA. That is all. :D:D:D

11. uncchamps2012

uncchamps2012 Member

Jul 9, 2011
    I knew Lloyd would score 3 inside of twenty minutes, with the last one from midfield. So predictable.

hedur repped this.
  12. hedur

hedur Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You were only off by one goal and 6 minutes. You win!! :laugh:

uncchamps2012 repped this.
  13. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Give me a month and 75 rewinds and this will probably replace the US/Canada Olympic Semi as my favorite Sports game/match/event in 55 years on this planet.

14. uncchamps2012

uncchamps2012 Member

Jul 9, 2011
    This was a great game, but as entertainment, I still prefer the nail biters like the Canada game in 2012. The tension of knowing that the most important thing in the game can happen at any moment is what has me hooked for life on soccer. At 4-0, the game was over and the only thing left as a minor worry that came up at 4-2 of a collapse, which Tobin Heath put to rest just minutes later. It was certainly a brilliant game for the USA , probably their best performance ever. Strictly as a piece of entertainment, this game didn't do it for me as much as some other games. I would have to dislike a team a lot to truly enjoy a blowout. Japan is hard to dislike, though taking down abby from behind on a breakaway with a truly nasty foul with no effort on the ball started to get me riled.

15. mamalia

mamalia Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Cincinnati OH US
    By Sawa of all people!!! So ridiculously out of character, I almost felt like it could have been scripted (not really).