If the NT of your culture rejected you, but then the nads offered to captie you, would you join them

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by It's called FOOTBALL, Jul 1, 2017.

?

If the NT of your culture rejected you, but then the nads offered to captie you, would you join them

1. Yes

39.7%
  2. No. I either play for my people or take the summers off and only focus on my club career.

60.3%
  1. PhillyandBCEagles

Jul 9, 2012
    NC
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    LOL, says the guy propping up a thread promoting racial and ethnic separatism. That's pretty rich.

I'm pretty sure we've never played Vietnam (certainly not recently), but keep up the BS. And there are examples of Mexican racism towards white Americans right here in this thread, so you can go ahead and get off your high horse.

The guys you mention both suck (well Castillo is mediocre, Orozco sucks). In fact most of the US-Mexican dual nationals that have played for us haven't been that great, although there have been a few exceptions like Omar Gonzalez and Bocanegra (the latter has Mexican heritage, not sure if he ever had or was eligible for Mexican citizenship). Corona had a nice outing for us the other day too, which surprised me as I've never been that high on him, and I have high hopes for Jesse Gonzalez.

Why would I not want a good player who is a US citizen to represent the US, regardless of what his heritage is or what other dual citizenships he may hold? I know you like to see things purely along ethnic and racial lines but believe it or not most people do not view the world that way.

Inferiority complex

(and should we get into the history of how Mexico was founded too? If you want to bark up the imperialism tree, head over to the England, Spain, Holland, Portugal, or France forum)

2. PhillyandBCEagles

Jul 9, 2012
    NC
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    That.....doesn't sound right. The USSF doesn't have that kind of juice with the US government. I'd advise him to be really, really careful with that.

3. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    While I can understand your point of view and I tend to somewhat agree, in today's world you have loads of players playing just to experience an international match or a World Cup or simply to earn a little more $$$$. I can't fault them there.

At the end of the day, it's only a game. No more, no less.

4. PhillyandBCEagles

Jul 9, 2012
    NC
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I think he meant a full ride for sports (like a scholarship to play football/basketball/etc)....but either way, you're an America fan, if you had been good enough to play pro at age 18 and Chivas was the only club that offered you a contract you wouldn't have signed? C'mon

5. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Alex do you still think there should be machine guns on the border so they can kill anyone trying to come over? You never answered my question Axis Alex do you still worship the SS?

Majin, OliverAtom, LGRod and 3 others repped this.
  6. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Must everything descend into accusations of racism or inferiority? Drunk fans at sporting events are hardly the best indicators of a fan following of a National team sport. Them spouting racist or homophobic chants is disgusting behavior which should never occur.

7. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Both contribute to Mexican football. I don't like Chivas, but I can sleep at night if the beat CA. I do not understand the Club over Country POV.

The end game is the footballing culture I support.

It's called FOOTBALL repped this.
  8. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Eh...when has this ever happened? Sounds like BS, TBH.

9. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    No offense, but you're the last person who should be talking about maturity after all the beefs you've been in here. "shit NFR poster". There's nothing immature about being proud of your culture. No one here is physically attacking trump, or starting the Latin KKK, or burning crosses on white people's lawns. It's good, healthy, cultural pride, which exists worldwide, and has been key in advancing causes. Live and let live.
    By whom? We're both, I haven't seen anyone say otherwise, which would be ridiculous.
    One of your **********s made a napalm joke about Nguyen. I haven't seen any reverse racism in this thread. Nonetheless, we were in America first, so I don't think you should complain.

I don't. I understand why you like poaching our players, I wish it would stop, but oh well. Just thank us for Jesse and all Mexicans you've gotten and will get in the future. You're welcome.

You don't know what that word means. The only ones here who might feel inferior are those who voted yes. Those who voted "no" know they're better than you in every way. Use google before you use terms unfamiliar to you.

Majin repped this.
  10. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Checks results sees all my BSMX faves voting "no". :cool:

[​IMG]

*rey*, Neymadres, OliverAtom and 5 others repped this.
  11. SixKick

SixKick Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2000
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ouch. :(

Serg33 repped this.
  12. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    ;_;

Serg33 repped this.
  13. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Well, most of my faves..;)

SixKick repped this.
  14. LaMascara

LaMascara Member+

Apr 11, 2013
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    it is what it is..:(

15. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Give me back the avi

*grabs purse

Romario'sgurl repped this.
  16. LaMascara

LaMascara Member+

Apr 11, 2013
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Over my dead body!!
    :mad:

17. Give us back everything that was ours along the Hudson river:cool:

*rey*, Mr. Pink and thedragonrik58 repped this.
  18. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    If the pay is good enough...

19. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    No because the Ramones are a better band than any Mexican one I can think about and Scorsese... no comparison.

20. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    One of the best horror movies I ever saw was french

( @El_LatinLover )

El_LatinLover repped this.
  21. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Which one? I'm open to recs.

22. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Martyrs (2008)

Philip J. Fry repped this.
  23. Estevo

Estevo Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    The I to the E!
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I just wanted to say hi.

Lol

Stupid subject.

CREAM!

LaMascara repped this.
  24. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    It was never his to begin with. The Hudson Valley tribes were part of the Algonquin confederacy, consisting of the Delaware, the Mahican, and the Wappinger tribes. The Mahicans held the land on the east bank, from the north of Albany to the sea, including Long Island and eastern Connecticut.

Mods can close this thread now, nothing else to say. Hopefully the "yes" voters can rethink their stance, since odds are that you won't get richer playing for the usmnt.

It will take an actual Mexican footballer in real life shunning them to really get the ball rolling on brehs sticking to their principles and personal pride. We'll see if it ever happens, though, it's nowhere near as big a deal as a Kapernick or Maumoud Abdul-Raouf type protest. It'd still be interesting and worth it, IMO.

25. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Hercules Gomes could have kept waiting to make it to el tri which would never happened.

Or

He takes nad life parlays that exposure into talking head post pro career.

Not quite rich but..

*rey*, Estevo, Mr. Pink and 1 other person repped this.