If opposed to Chivas in the MLS All-Star game, write the Commisioner

Discussion in 'MLS: Clubs' started by soccrfn, Jun 19, 2003.

1. soccrfn

soccrfn New Member

Mar 21, 2003
    I am urging all to write a letter of displeasure to the MLS Commisioner to voice disapproval of the league for including Chivas in the MLS Allstar game.

http://www.mlsnet.com/contact.html

2. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What's all this about? Can somebody explain?

3. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Who cares? It's the frickin' all star game???

4. efren95

efren95 Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Republic of Texas
    Are you crazy?

5. chichi

chichi Member

May 21, 1999
    Miami Fl
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have to disagree with you on this one...

Playing the Chivas is a good idea. Jorge Vergara who owns the Chivas is looking to buy into the MLS. I'm sure he'll be in L.A. to see the game.

Like someone said before it's just an Allstar game...

6. Quinn 33

Quinn 33 Member+

Apr 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I personally don't care who plays who. As was said before, "Its the frickin' all star game". The MLS all star team is just like the US team but without Fridel, Reyna, or O'Brian. It's still nice to see the best (or most popular) players in the league play together, regardless of who they play.

7. Richie

Richie Red Card

May 6, 1999
    Brooklyn, NY, United
    If they play the mexican team they would have to treat the game like a real game. They would even have to play some defense for a change.

Because if they don't our All-stars will take a beating in the score and on the field.

It is a good idea because I do not want to see joke soccer. I ant to see the real thing. I want us to high pressure them at time during this game.

Do you think the mexican team is going to fool around in this game. They will try to win the game.

Mexian still remember the WC.

Let's play hard and kick their ass. Maybe Arena will be watching to see who he might be able to use.

So this game will actually mean something to the players.

8. comrade

comrade New Member

Aug 20, 2001
    Don't you love when players get injured in all-star games?

9. Richie

Richie Red Card

May 6, 1999
    Brooklyn, NY, United
    If they play not to get hurt, and do things like tackling half assed. Then the odds are good that they will be hurt.

10. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is one MLS fan who is not going to watch. I can watch a Mexican side any given Sunday (Univision). Why should I watch this one I don't take naps on Saturdays. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz <cough-cough>zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

11. Y&B POWER

Y&B POWER New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Ramat-Hasharo Israel
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    just sent them a message against the idea to play Chivas

i'll watch it but many others won't because not many people outside the Concacaf area know or heard about Chivas

12. gschroeder

gschroeder Member

Jun 18, 2001
    Thornton, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Players are getting injured at practice. Perhaps they should stop practicing. Point is it's soccer, they are getting payed to play it and if they are too afraid of getting hurt I'm sure one of the alternates would love to play. For a once an all-star game will actually be a real game where people care who wins including the players. Think of it as an International Friendly. No one ever complains about those. People bitch every year about what a joke the all-star game is. Now finally it isn't a joke and people still bitch.

Garrett

13. IMissTheFusion

IMissTheFusion New Member

Jun 21, 2002
    South Florida
    I for one, think it is a good idea to play the match in this fashion. I hope they keep it up in the future and invite some bigger, more well-known sides. Two sides of all-stars from a league with only 10 teams seems a bit much.

14. futbolrey

futbolrey New Member

Dec 20, 2002
    Burke, Va

15. IMissTheFusion

IMissTheFusion New Member

Jun 21, 2002
    South Florida

16. PaulGascoigne

PaulGascoigne Member+

Feb 5, 2001
    Aotearoa/NZ