If God Played Football He'd be Modric - The Luka Godric Worship Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, May 29, 2018.

1. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Could be wrong, but pretty sure those photos were taken a while ago.

2. iggymcfly

iggymcfly Member

Jun 20, 2014
    Serie A’s not much more of a one team league than La Liga or the Premier League according to the betting market. Odds of favorites winning their league by Pinnacle:

Juventus: 68%
    Manchester City: 62%
    Barcelona: 57%

xRamos4 repped this.
  3. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    madridista_hr, Deep Pal and Zidane05 repped this.
  4. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    During the past 5 years Laliga and EPL had 3 different champions. Serie A had Juventus.

Excape Goat and Deep Pal repped this.
  5. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    If we're going to entertain this idea, here's how it looks from where I am;

Local media runs both Spanish and Italian stories. One side would make you think he's just angling for a raise and the other makes it look like he's gone, but the latter is hard to sell because Inter would be able to pay only 15 mil € of the transfer fee this year due to FFP (unless they are maybe selling Joao Mario?? - just my thought).

If the talk about Modric being guaranteed 60 mil € for the next 6 years with contracts in Italy and China is really correct, I think he will leave the club if he can find a way. 60 mil € is more money then he made in his entire career so far, and with the lifestyle those players have and his situation, no love for the shirt is going to keep him here (at his age one nasty injury and he could be out of the game completely after his contract ends in 2 years).

It's funny because if Croatia had the usual WC performance where we go out in the group stage, there would be no talk about Modric the whole summer. He was never thrown around Europe by the media like some other players. No one was going to buy the story about Modric leaving so there was no point in making them up during all these years, which is why all of this comes as quite a shock for me. I wouldn't be comfortable going into the season without him. After Ronaldo has left, having Ramos, Marcelo and Modric stay was absolute priority in my book. The rest are all much easier to replace.

6. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Yeap, he is our most important player now, followed by Ramos and Marcelo.

madridista_hr repped this.
  7. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ramos is the most important player to have at the club because he's such a great captain, but as far as performing matters i can't separate him from Varane, Marcelo, Modric, Kroos and Casemiro. These guys are the core of our squad imo and losing ANY of them would be a big loss.

Deep Pal, madridista_hr, Ahmadi8 and 2 others repped this.
  8. ABB94

ABB94 Member+

Feb 18, 2015
    England, UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Is it fair that Bale makes more than double what he makes despite being out for 3/4 of the season and not being as integral?

9. Phenom9

Phenom9 Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Luka Modric's future with Real Madrid has been cleared up with the midfielder staying after being given a pay increase as reward for his performances for the club and also inlight of his displays at the World Cup for Croatia.

His salary will now be on a par with captain Sergio Ramos and only behind Gareth Bale. The increase is an indication of how important he is to the team and how much he is valued and the Real hierarchy was anxious to get an agreement.

Marca

arcane, Digital, S1na and 1 other person repped this.
  10. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    His situation reminds me of Angel Di Maria 4 years ago. He was subbed in against Atletico de Madrid in his first game after vacation and got standing ovations, but Di Maria still didn't said anything about his future after that game. Which is an indication that a player wants to leave the club.

The history repeats itself.

11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Difference was that Di Maria was chased by teams that were stuffed with money and couldn't spend it fast enough, Modric has an offer by a team that can't even afford to get him right now because of FFP.

12. FigoIsGod

FigoIsGod Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Modric’s agent to Tuttosport today:

“Sooner or later, Luka will play in Italy.”

13. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    He can next year.

Just have Inter give us a real offer next summer.

natenate101, raven3k and Ayayain repped this.
  14. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Who is Modric's agent?

15. FigoIsGod

FigoIsGod Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Marko Naletilic, Croatian representative. He also represents Pjaca, Pasalic, Kuzmanovic, etc.

Edit: Sounds like he is a Fifa agent who is an intermediary for Croatian transfers.

16. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    10ME over 10 years + 25ME variables if they win the CL in the next 3 years will be their offer.

They have no money but try to play big.

17. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I thought I read here that his wife was his agent?

Eddie repped this.
  18. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    This is why I asked because it's common knowledge that he doesn't have an agent and that his wife is the one doing most of that work.

19. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    She's one of his agents.

He didn't have an agent on transfermarkt, i just checked and now there's someone called Vladica Lemic as his agent. Luka is his only client.

20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So some random guy that has met the player twice said one day Luka Modric will play in Italy. Wow.

Eddie repped this.
  21. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lemic is his agent. ABC had an article last week about Lemic using Inter to get a payrise for Modric.

22. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  23. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
  24. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I thought this reply was only in regards to him instigating the talks with Inter. I believe Madrid have made a case of this with UEFA. And this is supposedly what Inter are using as defense that they tapped a player without the club's (us) consent. That it started with Modric' camp.

It wasn't a reply to the entire transfer story, as in that there were no talks at all. Or so I garnered when I glanced over this article.

J-Mezzy, Digital, Ahmadi8 and 2 others repped this.
  25. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I had similar reaction, biggest nonsense ever that I didn't speak out against on social media until I got a new deal.... Still like Modric a lot but this wasn't all on Inter by any means.

-Reivax- and Anon. repped this.