If God Played Football He'd be Modric - The Luka Godric Worship Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, May 29, 2018.

1. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    A good way to have Modric score and assist more and is to give him more freedom and one way to do this without compromising the defense would be to play a 4213 with any combo of Casimero Llorente, Llorente Valverde, Casimero Valverde as the double pivot behind him.

2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, double pivot. Great idea, last coach that tried it got himself some buuuuuhrilliant response from the crowd.

3. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Both Llorente and Valverde are skilled enough on the ball to make a double pivot not boring, heck even Casimero has stepped up his offensive game and has demonstrated a wide passing range.
    A Double pivot is only bad if both players are donkeys.

4. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm dying to see this. If by any chance it works well then players like James, Eriksen and even Modric can become very dangerous playing in front of them.

I'm hoping to see it at least once this season.

Drouchk repped this.
  5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    People ain't trying to see that shit though, after the first 1-0 the newspapers will pile on the lineup for lacking Isco and/or Asensio.

6. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we are playing with forwards there shouldn't be any need for midfielders to get forward and score goals, if anything it will just cause too much congestion in the box and make it more difficult.

On the other hand if we are only playing with three midfielders they shouldn't be going too far forward anyway because it leaves us to thin and exposed.

In 4 or 5 man midfield you expect 1 or 2 attacking midfielders to have some decent production, like a James or Kaka.

7. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    If Solari is smart he’d do it against Ajax( not sure if Llorente is still injured ), with Ramos suspended we can’t afford to have a player who doesn’t put in the defensive shift ( Kroos ). Ajax are going to be relentless, especially in the first half.

8. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Our problem currently is the complete opposite of congestion in the box, a little of it would actually help with our scoring woes.

9. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    #684 janos audron, Mar 5, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    Dr. Fierro pulls out midfielders don`t run forward if there are forwards there... b.c congestion! Absolute genius! I bet him and Solari were brainstorming this in their last call. It explains how our midfielders lack decent penetration movement.

Imagine if Rakitić would have listened to that in last match.

10. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Llorente + prime Modrić. Prime Isco with prime James as LM / RM. Upfront Mbappe and SS.

Just can just lick your fingers afterwards.

11. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Modric has already played a more advance role in some games recently under Solari. I think this is how Solari wants him to play but he always ends up deep because he needs to cover for Kroos.. ..

12. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    I feel bad for Modric.....he's out there carrying like 3 of our players on his back....so much work offensively and defensively. We need to surround him with players that work as hard as him.

Modric-87 repped this.
  13. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Modric had a decent game tonight too bad he didnt have a coach or help from his teammates.

14. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Meh I wouldn't say that. He was okay at best... however probably because he had literally no help and was playing by himself with Kroos and newKroos sleeping walking around the pitch.

15. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    lolz. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

This match reminded me of Brazil - Germany. Given more quality opponent we would be shitting bricks in first half already.

Modric-87 repped this.
  16. gladiator guti

gladiator guti Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    He covered 3 men works today. It’s sad. I’ve never seen Casemiro/Carvajal were playing with such irresponsibility in a very important game. It’s shocking.

17. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Modric was the best.. if people can’t see that they have no clue.
    Without Vini and Ramos out there we were doomed.. Modric cannot do it all alone

Halycon and Modric-87 repped this.
  18. Modric-87

Modric-87 Member

Real Madrid
    Netherlands
    May 26, 2018
    He was working his ass off the whole game, like he was the only midfielder. That was showed by him, continue waving his arms and asking wtf the others were doing. Even in the attack, Benzema was on a complete island. I never saw such an unorganized mess on the field. This was exactly like Brasil - Germany, the whole team fell apart like it was nothing. They are still only human guys.

Halycon repped this.
  19. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    After getting shit on by Barca 2x and Ajax in OUR COMPETITION, people will see anything as long as that doesn't happen, at least not in the same fashion it happened the past week.

20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hence why our twitter account is being flooded by "announce Mourinho NOW" messages. Mostly from locals.

21. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Honestly i wouldn't mind that right now. Allegri was an option but i am not liking his season with Juve, especially after he wanted to resign mid season. Conte is a nut case and right now would be my 2nd choice.

Give me 2 seasons of Mourinho, then we will see after that.

S1na repped this.
  22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It starts with the squad. Zidane had enough of a grasp over the team that his will wasn't questioned. When he left, the team took over and we experienced the same thing that caused other coaches issues with disciplinary matters and fractured relationships.

Make sure the culture is clean and there is no bs happening there and then bring somebody in to coach a healthy group.

23. Modric-87

Modric-87 Member

Real Madrid
    Netherlands
    May 26, 2018

Did you forget how Mou left? Mou will make it worse then it already is. Much worse. See what he did at Chelsea and United. He is toxic.

24. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There is a reason why some managers call it quits after a three or so years. It's super hard to keep everyone motivated for the long term and with optimal focus. Granted, this season was shocking to the extreme, but it's not surprising that we aren't true contenders.

For example, Marcelo (poor Marcelo, looking at him yesterday really hit me a bit - he really wants to help but his body is not there), Kroos, Modric are tremendous players, but deep down they probably (and perhaps unknowingly) lost a little bit of motivation. Couple that with Ronaldo and Zidane leaving and the fact that others (amongst others Bale, Isco, Asensio) failed to live up to their promise, you get this clusterfck of a season.

It is what it is, we need to refresh the squad (where necessary) and fire up some of the top class players we have. But, before everything, we need to make a decision regarding the manager ASAP (before May).

25. Vector-SS

Vector-SS Member+

Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Modric played well until he realized he was the only one doing anything out there. On multiple occasions he lifted his arms up in complete disappointment towards his team mate. As someone who regularly plays football, the most thing that annoys me is putting in minimal effort out there.

Can't blame him.