If God Played Football He'd be Modric - The Luka Godric Worship Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, May 29, 2018.

1. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Cristiano can win it next year if Juve wins the CL .. Their domestic league and their cup are already wrapped up.

2. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I guess enough time would have passed that these "off the field" issues would have blown over. He would have to score in al KO games including final to do it though. And I still believe if Mbappe or Neymar make the final they will get ahead of him. No doubt there will be a bounce back from the Messi voters next time too.

3. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Messi didn't deserve the '14 WC golden ball either. Of course Luka remembered them, the talk all week was about midfielders not being recognized.

Messi might be the best player in the world but he hasn't been showing that in the biggest and most important games. Last classico Barca dished out a manita and all he did was watch.

4. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    Messi was fifth so it's fine, but Ronaldo not showing up and having his posse telling the world how he feels about it (directed to those same journalists who voted for him year after year), that will surely come at a price. He's not getting another one unless Juventus win the CL.
    I personally can't see them winning it simply because of the way they go about their business. Lady luck will not reward them.

5. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    which is how?

6. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    From your post to God's eyes.

How sweet would it have been for PSG to crash out the group stages and sell us Neymar, then we won the fourth in a row, fifth in six years?

Nope, Livershit had to lose to the worst team in their group then piss themselves in France.

Deep Pal and raven3k repped this.
  7. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I can definitely see Cristiano and Juve winning the CL

This is a down year for all the top clubs and they seem to be built for tournaments

Deep Pal repped this.
  8. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I think so too.. Juve has come very close these last few years and IMO all they've been missing is that extra gear to take it all.. and now they have it.
    Allegri is also a very good coach.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Juventus have the oldest squad they've had in their history since the 70s or so. They've faired well in past years, but as te players get older, years become crucial, and Ronaldo might be physically impressive player still, but half the squad is over 30, especially the defense with Bonucci, Chillini, Benatia. They maybe did get an extra gear, but they basically added a player that does the bare minimum when the team doesn't have the ball which is pretty unlike Juve of the past years.

Personally i don't see them beating a lot of teams this season, but i don't see us beating everybody with as much ease as we did in the past this season either despite totally believing in the team.

10. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    That is true but they can cruise after January and focus solely on the CL meanwhile Barca, Atletico, City, Bayern and us are all fighting to win the league.
    They still have young talented players in Dybala, Costa, Sandro, Cuadrado , Betancour and Pjanic, all with some good CL experience under their belt.
    I also think Bonucci and Chiellini are still world class..

Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  11. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    #636 Varnagel, Dec 5, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    Performances in league campaign doesn't have much value unlike UCL KO-stage.

Otherwise, Messi wouldn't be 5th place behind Griezmann/Mbappé despite dominating in LaLiga last year.

12. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I know and didnt you read my 1st sentence?
    If Juve wins it I am guessing Cristiano will play a big part in KO rounds like he usually does.

13. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    they got a top defense and a major clutch player in the front in CR. perfect combination for the CL (and Buffon is finally gone, so their bad karma also left).

14. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Godric Gryffindor would be proud.

S1na and Eddie repped this.
  15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

They have conceded as many goals in the CL this season as Real Madrid and Bayern who've been going through a mini crisis, and scored considerably less on top of that. I don't really believe in Juve, they'll find a way to lose it. Some of their players are very strong, but others are a source of comical danger (Benatia for example).

S1na repped this.
  16. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Fabio Cannavaro?

17. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zizou won it that year iirc.

Ahmadi8, Doni and S1na repped this.
  18. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    I see them as cheapskates always trying to profit from another clubs misery. I don't find anything wrong in doing business that way but it won't brong them CL title. It's like Bayern last few years spending nothing and expecting miracles. It doesn't work like that any more (no free rides to CL success).

19. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Zizouuuuu
    won the world cup golden ball

Doni repped this.
  20. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    If he does, let him not complain when players do to him as he did to his own previous teammate.

Would not be surprised if none of the other contestants showed up. Athletes get insulted for their intelligence on here but there is a loyalty and understanding there.

Deep Pal, Eddie and J-Mezzy repped this.
  21. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Who would've thought Modric would be the one to break the Ronaldo - Messi duopoly? Very happy for Luka!

Deep Pal repped this.
  22. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I don't think he would care tbh. If he wins it he wouldn't care. His sisters will probably tell its all jealousy etc anyway. But I think he has very little chance. The "off field" issues have left a huge smudge on his personality which was difficult to like as is.

I really think Mbappe has a shot next season. He's got a lot of momentum behind him. Cristiano winning means Juventus did really well or became champions. Fcuk that!! Now if there was a choice between Cristiano winning It or Messi...……. Viva Cirs!!! :D

J-Mezzy repped this.
  23. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Imagine if Juve won it.

The fan boys might explode

24. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Imagine a Madrid Juve final with Modric scoring the winner with a 35 meter screamer

Deep Pal, PigBenis, Digital and 4 others repped this.
  25. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Would be even better if Modric’s shot gets deflected off CR into his own net then Madrid wins 1-0.I would pay to see his sister’s reaction to that.

Excape Goat, Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.