If God Played Football He'd be Modric - The Luka Godric Worship Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, May 29, 2018.

1. Marco25

Marco25 Member

Sep 1, 2018
    Yeah I can agree with some of that. I'm just curious to know how things would've turned out if he remained. I just couldn't picture him being 2nd best. Such a scenario just wouldn't exist - especially with both their forms this half of the year. They would be closely compared being at the same club and all. I guess we'd never know. Congrats to Modric anyway.

2. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    I was hoping that Ronaldo wins it but Modric, a Real Madrid player, won. It’s all good. :thumbsup:

Deep Pal repped this.
  3. Minduchio

Minduchio Member+

Jul 20, 2003
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Yes fully deserved, was most important player last year for us and had great WC. Not sure how someone can dispute that.

Deep Pal and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  4. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ronaldo was pretty shit in 3 out of these 4 CL finals.

Hsain85 repped this.
  5. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In our 4 Champions League wins in the last 5 years Ronaldo has been our best & most important player, with Modric being our second best & most important player. We are not winning any of them without those two.

Ronaldo has actually been the best player of the entire champions league competition all those years. People trying to take shots or downplay what he's accomplished are idiots. It's that simple.

Modric is a worthy winner this year, I'm very happy for him. Modric is my 3rd favorite player in history after CR & Zizou, he deserved this one no doubt.

Lyra and Deep Pal repped this.
  6. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    How can anyone debate that Modric isn't a worthy winner?

Crazy.

Deep Pal repped this.
  7. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Crazy.

Modric deserves it 1000000000%.

Deep Pal repped this.
  8. ABB94

ABB94 Member+

Feb 18, 2015
    England, UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If you told me Modric would win the Ballon D’or this time last year to end Messi-Ronaldo duopoly I wouldn’t have believed you in a million years. Even in April-May I wouldn’t believe it.

What an achievement and I’m so happy for
    him too. Best midfielder of the last 5 years without a doubt.

Deep Pal repped this.
  9. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    Eh, Cristiano has been garbage in every UCL-final with RM bar 2017. And I dunno why you taking a piss on Benzema who's been probably Real Madrid's best player this season. There are other players than him who deserves criticism...

10. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    News from France Football itself tonight during a live show on LEquipeTV:

- Modric won by a landslide: 277 more points than Ronaldo.
    - It's enormous according to Thierry Marchand from France Football.
    - Results were close to each other for only two weeks once votes started.
    - Then everything was pretty clear, Modric was gaining massive amount of points compared to everyone else.

Shay Z, S1na, Deep Pal and 1 other person repped this.
  11. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  12. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He was pretty bad in the final. Was even passing poorly in the first half. Also missed a sitter against Bayern at 2-1 which would have sealed the tie. Was invisible in both legs in semis apart from that. But then again, he was unbelievably clutch against PSG and Juve. Don't think we'd make it to the semis in the first place without Ron. So overall, I am fine with Modric winning since he had a great world cup as well. And yea, I don't want Juve flaunting a BDR either when they haven't won a CL in 20 years. Happy it stays with RM. :D

S1na and Deep Pal repped this.
  13. gladiator guti

gladiator guti Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    I’m guessing Ronaldo did not send a text to congrat Modric this time right? How sad.

Deep Pal repped this.
  14. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Because Messi and Ronaldo fanboys keep pointing to goals and assists.

No wonder the worlds f* up.

Digital, S1na and Deep Pal repped this.
  15. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The salt is real. Some of the most popular YouTubers are releasing videos claiming "how Balon d'Or truly lost its credibility this year"
    I'm just enjoying the scenes. They're so mad lol. Luka fully deserved it and so glad the award stays in Madrid.

Digital, S1na and Deep Pal repped this.
  16. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    I think mostly these are kids.

Lyra repped this.
  17. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    1069974893016608768 is not a valid tweet id

18. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Modrić making midfielders great again. :cry:

madridista_hr, Digital and Ayayain repped this.
  19. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Messi never deserved 2010 Balon D'Or. Anyone who thinks Modric doesn't deserve this must at least acknowledge it.

Luka remembering Xavi, Iniesta and especially Sneijder was very smart from him.

Deep Pal repped this.
  20. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Let me correct what I said ealier.

Modric deserves it 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000%

And there's not enough 0 actually.

Deep Pal repped this.
  21. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Deep Pal and S1na repped this.
  22. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Everything is lovable about him.

He also doesn't play the superstar like some with 0 modesty.

He has his little family, wife, and kids, and is incredibly happy with what he got in life. He knows where he's come from. He knows his qualities, and what he has achieved.

Maybe it's due to where he comes from, and what early life he had, but he's all about humility.

As a french journalist said yesterday, he's incredibly precious in the current football world full of dramas, and players with horrible personalities.

Deep Pal and S1na repped this.
  23. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    #623 robnycus, Dec 5, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    I am not sure they are all kids. One thing I can say is that their fans are simply following the example of their idols, who were no show at the gala, disrespecting Modric and his merit.
    If these two schmucks cannot display sportsmanship and professionalism paying their respects to another great player, it is highly unlikely that their fans would see Modric as a worthy winner.

24. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    The rape allegation really hit Cristiano's votes hard. The Cristiano stans on twitter have been parading this one voter from Pakistan who openly hates him (and Sergio Ramos lol) and is on record saying "her fingers cannot vote for Cristiano" and if someone questioned her choice she said, "you are basically defending rape".

As was posted earlier...…… the voting wasn't even close.

I think this might be it for Cristiano in terms of Balon wins. Messi has a chance to win one more. The way Mbappe is going do PSG really need to win the CL for him to win the Balon next year? I don't know really.

25. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    IMG_20181205_233410.jpg

Only four players have won the world cup best player award and ballon d'or in one year.
    Charlton 66
    Cruijff 74
    Paoli Rossi 82
    Godric 2018

Deep Pal repped this.