If God Played Football He'd be Modric - The Luka Godric Worship Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, May 29, 2018.

1. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And I think he can't not show up this time, after the recent incident the pressure from media will be huge and he'll be forced into it.

Hopefully Modric will win this one as well, so that Cristiano has to look into his eyes with a shameful face, trying his best to come up with something... and we know how he's incapable of hiding his emotions, it'll be one to watch. I think that'll make up for what he did recently.

Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  2. azriel

azriel Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    San Diego, USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Modric is the favorite, for sure.

What the ******** is Salah doing there tho? Top 10, sure. Top 3? GTFO

3. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Feel good story I guess? Or maybe EPL hype?

4. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He was really good last season with Liverpool but ended up short on trophies and that will cost him.

ahnaf and Deep Pal repped this.
  5. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Deep Pal, madridista_hr, S1na and 2 others repped this.
  6. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

A little of bit of Modric Magic, he's such an amazing player.

ignore the stupid title

Shay Z, Deep Pal, Hsain85 and 6 others repped this.
  7. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    What a ridiculous player. It takes an absolute GOAT like Cristiano to overshadow someone like him in the team to the point where we didn't notice (not enough) all the amazing things he does on a regular basis. Plus his humble and sacrificing personality makes even more of a likable person. Truly a stud. Glad he wears our shirt and I hope he continues to do so until he calls it quit and walks out through the front door.

8. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Always been a huge Modric fan but man what he did for Croatia in the WorldCup made him a even bigger legend then already is. For what he has done for club and country he deserves the Ballon Dor. Never thought i would see a better midfielder then Prosinecki as a Croatian but Modric was more complete then him.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  9. Marco25

Marco25 Member

Sep 1, 2018
    You could see Modric's class from his very first appearance which was a sub in the 2nd leg of the 2012 Supercopa against Barcelona. I remember him coming on and being amazed at his quality without him doing all that much. Just the crispness of his passes, fine touches and trademark body feints were on show. You could just tell he was a special player. That's why I was surprised he was named worst la liga signing of that summer considering that Mourinho hardly even played him at that point so there wasn't really much to go by for people who had never seen him play before. I was certainly in the minority of people who believed he was world class at that point having watched him at tottenham and I still maintain he hasn't really gotten all that much better from those days. He's just far more recognised and appreciated now because he's playing for the biggest club and on the grandest stage. Even before 2018, with the World Cup and all that, he was still quite underrated. He's only just receiving the plaudits and acclaim now when his actual footballing level is no better than it was in 2013, 2014 or 2015. Ofcourse, Madrid fans have known how good he has been all this time but it's interesting that the wider football audience are only just truly acknowledging him as the best now.

In my opinion though, he has been World Class since his tottenham days.

10. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Dude was an absolute non factor after getting smacked by Spain today. Please don't compare him to CR Legend.

Winning that award was a fraud.

11. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    They don't know how to address his effect on the match. It was easy to acknowledge Ronaldo's by pointing at his numbers.

12. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Damn that's salty lol :D

PigBenis, Digital, sneakking and 5 others repped this.
  13. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How much of a factor was CR against Uruguay? I'll wait.

Don't trash Luka.

rrrrrafik, Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  14. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    [​IMG]

PigBenis, sneakking, rrrrrafik and 10 others repped this.
  15. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    Modric don't do glorified friendlies. He only shows up when it matters.

16. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    This gif is excellent, I’m going to borrow it lol.

Deep Pal and S1na repped this.
  17. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Was saving it for the proper use lol

Deep Pal and Drouchk repped this.
  18. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Cristiano fanboys still salty?

I hope to pour some more salt on that wound and have Lukita win "the best" award.

Digital, MiamiNative0722 and Deep Pal repped this.
  19. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I think FIFA should think about stripping Ronaldo of his previous WPOTYs and give them to Luka instead. Actually Ronaldo can keep the one he won at Manchester United, he deserved that one.

But apart from that, has he ever really controlled a game like Luka has done ever since he joined? He has a better shot than Luka, and is a bit taller so can head the ball better, but Luka is superior at everything else.

Football has moved on since the dark days when just getting the last touch on a goal was the most valued attribute in a player. As a sign of this improvement, FIFA should right some historical injustices and rectify their past mistakes by giving the previous awards back to the best player (ie Modric) and not just the biggest goalhanger (Messi and Ronaldo).

Eddie, libertao, J-Mezzy and 2 others repped this.
  20. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Yah! The extreme of Cristiano fanboys is being matched by Cristiano detractors.

Fun topic. Perfect thread for such robust conversation.

Eddie, J-Mezzy, Deep Pal and 2 others repped this.
  21. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Are we gonna make this Ronaldo fan boys vs Luka fan boys lol? I guess the Ronaldo fan boy forgot when Luka was great against Argentina and the great Messi was a complete non factor. Modric is one of the best midfielders to play the game while Ronaldo is one of the best ever to play the game. Let’s leave it at that.

22. ABB94

ABB94 Member+

Feb 18, 2015
    England, UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lol hope this isn’t a serious post

23. Castillas

Castillas Member+

May 4, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Based on the overall performance in the last season, as much as I love Luka, Cristiano by far deserves it more than him.

verde-rubro and SCP_16 repped this.
  24. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Unless you believe that only goalscorers deserve this award I don’t know how exactly you make that call.
    All these guys have been fantastic in their respective roles.

Halycon, Digital and kelvinphr repped this.
  25. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I disagree. Ronaldo was huge scoring in the CK but overall, Luka was more consistent throughout the entire season. No high and lows like Cristiano. He also did much more in the world cup. Don't see how the Cristiano camp can even make an argument.