Emerson Hyndman at Atlanta United (on loan from Bournemouth)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by dcpohl, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Thundering165

Thundering165 Member+

North Carolina FC
    United States
    May 1, 2017
    Raleigh

Starts against Celtic. Currently up 1-0

Tom Collingsworth, BostonRed and wixson7 repped this.
  2. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    1074292814534598656 is not a valid tweet id

3. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
  4. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Finished 2-0 to Hibs. Huge win. Did not roust myself in time to watch. I'll view a replay later today.

If it keeps Hyndman getting game and good notes I'm happy to be completely wrong for another 10 seasons...

5. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Hibs win bounces Killie back to the top of the SPL! Celtic and Gers still chasing, but pretty funny December has been Kilmarnock's month so far.

(Also fair to point out Hibs 2-0 with the return of Emojifies, fwiw.

6. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I like this guy, he is a very intelligent player. I hope he gets it all figured out and takes his chance when he gets it. He certainly defies the stereotypical American footballer. Slight of build, and not particularly impressive athleticism, but a very intelligent player.

wixson7, freisland and yabo repped this.
  7. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    He seems, however, to be stereotypically American in that he really let's his actions speak. Very measured in the press. Keeps his head down. Shows up to practice, whether it's 1st team, U's, home side or loan, tries to contribute, rinse, repeat.

He seems to me to fall in the Benny F zone - maybe Benny F with a better professional personality? Dunno if he'll ever break in as a regular EPL AM but I bet he gets a few chances in his career.

8. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    fwiw:

1074317994535337984 is not a valid tweet id

9. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    10 mins of lo-res highlights. Hibs were really up for it, from the look of these. Haven't had a chance to watch yet.

Winoman repped this.
  10. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    How can he be so good against Celtic and yet still not be able to get minutes in in the Prem?

11. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Assuming this was sincere: Well, he was also not-so-good against Celtic, last time out. His issue is consistency and game management - and position. AM/attacking B2B has to be one of the most competitive position in the EPL. (A B'mouth is not some bottom-feeding club at the moment either... Might have better luck at a different side.)

I think he still needs some seasoning and to show himself to be a more consistent contributor to goals and attacking moves. He still feels a bit more like a spoke in the wheel than the axle. A good spoke, but to be "next level" at that position the way Hyndman plays you usually have to have quite a bit of "maestro" in you. He's got shades of it, but when he can pull the strings more constantly at this level, I'll feel like he has more of a chance to lock in an EPL slot at a club playing where B'mouth is these days.

12. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    Well that's a perfect answer. Thank you.

Curious to know how he compares to other Yanks at that position

freisland repped this.
  13. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    We need a smart guy in midfield. It's either Parks (who doesn't seem to be happening) or Emo. I'm very happy he's impressing, and keep in mind Surman is already 32 and not much bigger than Hyndman. He may become his replacement in B'mouth.

14. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    He is sneaky. He likes to get forward, finds the seams, looks for the ball. Moves a lot. He is very active. But, he lacks the quickness with the ball of a CP for instance. If he has a bit of space, he can dribble well and quickly, and can turn one defender consistently but he's not as able to snake around 3 guys to find room to pass the ball - especially against better teams. He doesn't shield as well as he could/should. But he is very smart, can see two or three moves ahead quickly and is very lively.

He's not as good a 2-way player as some - though he's getting better. I think the best thing Hibs could do for his game is make him as smart a defender as he is an attacker. If he can become more effective in both directions he opens up more options (although he'll always be better going forward.)

15. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    If only Busio or Carleton was further along.

16. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Fan comments:

- Hyndman was great.... his defensive work in the 2nd half was fantastic.

- Hyndman - 7 - much, much better from him. A sublime pass in the second half across field to Mackie which Mackie then flashed across goal.

- Hyndman - 7: Neat and tidy in possession and has led them well.

17. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
  18. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
  19. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001

20. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    No

21. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    disappointing if the spl is his ceiling for sure

22. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    not everyone was quite so effusive.

1074316496241901569 is not a valid tweet id

23. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    I would be very surprised. I would also be very surprised if Hibs could offer enough to entice B'Mouth, but who knows.

My guess would be an extension of the loan, and if he plays well, B'mouth tries again to integrate him, or he gets moved to another EPL team - perhaps newly promoted.

But that's just guesses. I have no real insight and don't even remember offhand his contract info.

24. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Very doubtful Hibs has the money to buy him from B'mouth.

25. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States