Emerson Hyndman at Atlanta United (on loan from Bournemouth)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by dcpohl, Mar 24, 2008.

1. pauljf

pauljf Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    #5001 pauljf, Dec 14, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    Two european finalists already this century, how many does Cyprus have? if it was as garbage as you say it was that wouldn't be the case. Once again your posting the negative stuff, not the positive stuff and framing that as proof.

You can't have your cake and eat it. Suyuntuy will bang on about terrible the Scottish league is and how great Hyndman is. Why is he performing so badly in a garbage league then?

Oh yeah, because he is far too technically gifted for the big Scottish boys. Those Scotch barbarians have never seen the technical guile of anybody like Mr Emerson Hyndman before. He's like a cross between Lionel Messi and George Best (sans drink problem) The Scottish fans have never seen a player light up a park as much as Emu since the heady days of Henrik Larsson, Gascoigne, Laudrup and one of the best to lace the boots in all of the land Sir Maurice Edu. Yes, the likes of Andrew Robertson, Ryan Fraser, Snodgrass, Van Dijk, McArthur, Mcarthy, Paterson, Wanyama, Armstrong signed for clubs in Englands top tier from Scotland's top tier, but I'm sure just as many players of that quality have passed through the Cypriot league the past couple of years? None as good as Emile Hyndman though! The Hibs fans have totally forgotten about John McGinn, now that they have this phenomenal replacement! John Who?

2. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guys, you are fighting about whether Scotland or Cyprus has a better league. Hyndmann is a middling playing on loan at a middling club in a middling league. Move on boys.

Sucks that Rangers lost last night though.

btlove repped this.
  3. btlove

btlove Member

United States
    Sep 29, 2017
    Austin Texas
    I know right, my favorite is people using UEFA coeffiecients to decide when a leagues best year in the last decade was. BOLD.

4. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    You have a better idea that takes into consideration every European entrant?

5. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Damn, dude, you are excellent at missing the point.

6. btlove

btlove Member

United States
    Sep 29, 2017
    Austin Texas
    Not necessarily. But I wouldn’t use a statistic that gathers data from 4 years to determine a leagues strength for an individual year.

7. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic

The SPL may be bad, but they're not completely delusional. So, no, he hasn't.

Dirt McGirt repped this.
  8. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    If I was an SPL fan I'd turn myself in to psychiatric services.

9. pauljf

pauljf Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    That doesn't make sense. I'm assuming you're one of those American Irish people? So not actually Irish?

10. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Poor Freddy.

11. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn! It's getting spicy.

TheFalseNine and freisland repped this.
  12. pauljf

pauljf Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    The type of person that thinks they're Irish because they bought at a U2 record in 1984. Yet couldn't point to Ireland, on a map of Ireland.

13. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Guys, drop it. We've gone off topic and it's gotten silly.

Winoman, TheFalseNine and m vann repped this.
  14. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So back to the subject at hand.......Hyndman at Hibs, please. Lots of personal attacks and not lot of actual discussion about a Hyndman. Let’s get back on track.

Huge match for Hibs this weekend against Celtic. The Boyz are coming off a high of securing advancement in the EL. This Hibs match could be a trap game for Celtic.. I’ll be tuning in so I’ll definitely report on Hyndman if he plays a part.

Winoman and wixson7 repped this.
  15. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Hibs with lots of injuries. Lennon can't wait to see if Santa comes to Old Reeky this Xmas...

Winoman repped this.
  16. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Santa's not coming this year. Tom Farmer has said already he doesn't even like soccer.

17. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    I'm not sure who hurt you as a lad, but I apologize for them. Let the healing begin.

A few quick factual points.
    1) Fulham (and Hyndman) will be sad to learn their 2014-15 and 2015-16 seasons were a mirage.
    2) Hyndman is relatively popular with the Hibs faithful (and was at Gers as well) but obviously is not yet exhibiting a consistent skill level of a Gazza, Larrson or Laudrup (or many others - from Albertz to wee Latapy).
    3) League coefficients and levels don't mean a thing to a loan player. They either help their team (Ala Miazga at Vitesse) and get to move to another challenge, or they don't help their team, and get sent home (perhaps also ala Miazga.)
    4) Lennon likes him. He sounds likely to try to keep him for another 1/2 season, so we can look forward to the possibility of a few more months of this scintillating conversation.
    5) "Yanks Abroad" is a forum... stay with me here... about "Yanks" (that is slang for people from the United States of America) and conversations here are likely to have a "yank" slant.

Just thought you'd like to know.

Love,

freisland

DeCoverley, The Irish Rover and Winoman repped this.
  18. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    drop it.

striker repped this.
  19. TheFalseNine

TheFalseNine Moderator
    Staff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 15, 2014
    Norman, Okla.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was about to say the same thing.

20. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Um... Not sure what is OT about that post (aside, perhaps, from the mildly snarky asides...)

There are factually incorrect assertions in many of the arguments here.

1) That Hyndman is too slight for the Championship: He has played there. It was his good Champs play that got him to the EPL.
    2) The idea that Hyndman's skill is not noticed by SPL fans. It is well remarked.
    3) At the same time, he has yet to completely boss enough minutes to make an irrefutable case that he's ready to materially contribute at a higher level.

I mean, I pay my 7 lb 99 p or whatever it is (and risk incurring the wrath of the ghost of my St. Mirren shipbuilding forebears) to Hibs the least I can do is distill some games watched and twitter feeds followed into some realistic observations.

21. punintended_13

punintended_13 Member+

Atlanta United
    Mar 22, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Watching “Sunderland ‘TIL I Die” on Netflix, which is a documentary of Sunderlands 2017/18 season. In episode 2, they go inside of a scouting meeting where they talk about potential loans for the club, and Hyndman’s name was on a list of about a dozen players.

22. TheFalseNine

TheFalseNine Moderator
    Staff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 15, 2014
    Norman, Okla.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just finished that episode too! Seen our man Gooch a couple of times on the training ground too.

23. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Actually Irish. Born and raised. Left Dublin at 24

Tom Collingsworth and DeCoverley repped this.
  24. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Wait... you and @punintended_13 are paying to relive a S'land season past, and someone else paid to film and produce it and bothered to air? I don't understand anything any more..!

Meanwhile, tomorrow could be a very tough game for Hibs. Especially in defense.

Winoman, TheFalseNine and largegarlic repped this.
  25. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    It's only the second time in their 100+ years of history that S'land gets relegated to the third division, so it's historic for them. Also, that whole Tyne-Wear area is depressing as heck, those poor people have to find fun wherever they can.