Emerson Hyndman at Atlanta United (on loan from Bournemouth)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by dcpohl, Mar 24, 2008.

1. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    wixson7, Streaky Bacon and Winoman repped this.
  2. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    random fan observation fwiw.

TheHoustonHoyaFan and Winoman repped this.
  3. wrench

wrench Member+

May 12, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Perhaps they should get a coupla headless chickens. Any updates on EH's status, injury wise?

4. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Never heard what it was, but it appears he's back-

BostonRed and Winoman repped this.
  5. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Really don't understand why Horgan is not more productive for them. He looks so much better than Shaw. I think he would work well with Hyndman if they got more than the odd game together.

Winoman repped this.
  6. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Hyndman on after the HT break for Hibs. 0-0 at 55 or so.

I can't watch this one as I wasted my time with Dortmund. Someone else can get their 10 lbs worth today though.

Tom Collingsworth, BostonRed and Winoman repped this.
  7. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001

Tom Collingsworth, BostonRed and Winoman repped this.
  8. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Of course I bitch about Shaw and he scores. At least Horgan was involved

1-0 win for Hibs. EH was on the field for the goal. I didn't see it so don't know how much he was involved.

At least they break the losing streak with him in the side.

9. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001

1071452576959397888 is not a valid tweet id

10. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001

Tom Collingsworth, KenC, Zinkoff and 5 others repped this.
  11. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001

Tom Collingsworth and Winoman repped this.
  12. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Just watched the replay. For us Hyndman fans...this is a good game to watch, breathes some life into his situation.

One caveat....Hamilton Academy are terrible. But you play who’s on the field. Was injury sub in the first half, weird how life works. May not have seen the field if that didn’t happen.

He took advantage of his opportunities, that’s all we can ask out of our YA guys. He was great. Played on the left side but was all over the place and was acting like a true #10. Playmaking, a general, one-twos, ripping shots from outside and then getting in on goal at other times. Wonderful 45 minute showing.

His touch was so good, calm on the ball but always,,,.and I mean always....looking to push forward aggressively with the ball. He also looked feisty, getting in on some challenges and a little face to face after the play...not sure I recall ever doing that.

Let’s hope he gets in for the next few months and establishes himself there. He can’t revert back, this has to be his launching pad. Melodrama aside...it was good to see him dominate.

Tom Collingsworth, neems, KenC and 5 others repped this.
  13. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    The whole SPL is terrible. Except for Celtic. They're so terrible their three clubs in the Europa got ousted by clubs from Lithuania, Luxembourg and Cyprus (no, not APOEL). Last time I caught myself watching the Scottish Premier I turned it off thinking, "life is too short for this."

And it's a terrible fit for a slim, small-ish, technical CM like Emo. I'm surprised they haven't broken him for good yet. But I have a feeling he likes it there. Scotland is the old homeland of the Hyndmans after all. I cannot avoid thinking it's a waste, though.

Winoman and TheFalseNine repped this.
  14. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    #4989 freisland, Dec 9, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    guy who writes at times for the scotsman - think he's more a Gers guy though?

and to double down on @wixson7 Hibs had their way with the Accies recently. They are a poor side even by SPL standards. Still, it's better for EH to have a good game against poor competition than a poor game against poor competition.

I doubt this loan moves the needle much, but at least reinforces that he can still play the game for money at any of a few clubs out there.

EDIT: Also, Celtic are not demonstrably a lot better than Gers, Killie or even Hearts this year - one of the more par SPL seasons in a while - maybe 4 pts between top 4?

15. pauljf

pauljf Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    They're also "so terrible" Rangers have only lost one game in 15 European matches this season, Celtic have beaten the Norwegian champions three times, beaten RB Leipzig, with both teams going into the last round of Europa League games with the destiny of qualifying in their own hands. Aberdeen got a tough draw in the Europa League against Burnley. Both legs ended 1-1 after 90 mins and had to go to extra time in which Aberdeen were finally beaten. I don't get what your problem is? It's bordering on xenophobic, you highlight the negatives and frame them as proof. It's really strange. Also the fact that you bring Hyndmans stature, as if The Scottish League isn't absolutely full of small skinny players. Precious Hyndman would be in for a shock when playing in the English Championship we're he'll be kicked senseless by a bunch of 6ft plus behemoths. There's plenty of technically better players playing in Scotland who can hack it, Ryan Fraser played for Aberdeen, he could handle it? Andrew Robertson could handle it. Stuart Armstrong, Patterson.

16. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    You had me until "Precious Hyndman..." (Psst... might want to duckduckgo "Hyndman Fulham League 2014-2016". You're welcome...)

17. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    This is the best year, by far, that Scottish teams have had in Europe in a decade, and they've achieved that while having two teams go out in the preliminary rounds and without any team (yet) qualifying for the knockouts. That alone says a ton about how awful the league has been.

The Irish Rover repped this.
  18. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Winoman, BostonRed and wixson7 repped this.
  19. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    1073195697065943040 is not a valid tweet id

A question mark also hangs over the head of Emerson Hyndman, whose loan deal from Bournemouth expires next month, although the American served up a timely reminder of what he can bring to the party in last weekend’s win at Hamilton. With Allan’s contract at Celtic due to expire in the summer, the midfielder is free to speak to other clubs about to a pre-contract in a matter of weeks. It remains to be seen if there is any way Hibs can bring their former midfielder back in January or whether they will have to wait and try and line him up for a summer return to the Capital.

Read more at: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman....-hibs-do-in-january-transfer-window-1-4843345

edcrocker and Winoman repped this.
  20. pauljf

pauljf Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    What are you talking about? Celtic were in the group stages of the Champions League last season, the season previous etc. I would love to know what countries clubs you are actually comparing with Scotish clubs records.

21. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    UEFA has a whole system that does this for you. This season is their highest coefficient score, by a lot, since 2007-08, when Rangers made the UEFA Cup final.

Also, like, come on man. The Scottish league is ranked 20th in UEFA. They're behind ********ing Cyprus. They were 26th before this season! The SPL has been complete dogshit in Europe for years.

superdave and The Irish Rover repped this.
  22. pauljf

pauljf Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Yeah, champions league group stages, last 16, europa last 32. Total dog shit! For someone who knows so much about Scottish football you would think you would know it hasn't been called The SPL for about 6 years. Another Scottish team in the last 32 of the Europa tonight as well! Terrible Scottish football continues being terrible! So terrible that Emerson Hyndman has looked totally ordinary for a team in eighth?

23. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mean both Emerson and the SPL can be horrible at the same time. I don't believe it's a one or the other situation.

Has Freddy Adu played in the SPL yet?

ArsenalMetro repped this.
  24. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Only MLS is shown more contempt on this board than the SPL. If I was an SPL fan I wouldn't come in here.

An Unpaved Road and Dirt McGirt repped this.
  25. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    #5000 ArsenalMetro, Dec 14, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    20th in Europe. Straight up garbage football from almost top to bottom. Your league is bad and has gotten steadily worse over the past decade. Either come up with a coherent argument against mine (^^that's not it, for the record), or deal with the fact that literally every mathematical metric says that the Scottish league blows.

Or, if you'd prefer, I can go through the list of all of the hilariously embarrassing exits that Scottish teams have had in European competition in recent years. I'm pretty sure I've already done it in this thread, if you want to do some searching.

EDIT: Never mind, searched for you: https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/if...th-at-hibernian.673353/page-112#post-35207612