I'd Support Rochester

Discussion in 'Rochester Rhinos' started by Gioca, Aug 11, 2004.

1. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just wanted to say that if Rochester joins the MLS, I would support them. I live in Hartford, and our cities are somewhat comparable, at least I think they are.

But Rochester already has a dedicated fanbase, and I love the idea of a smaller city joining the league. At first MLS just looked at markets, now I think they need to look at soccer support. Rochester needs to be promoted though, not have a different team created or relocated there.

2. nh_ny

nh_ny Member

Jul 12, 2004
    upstate NY
    Good to hear about support for Rochester from someone outside the area.
    I think the small markets have a lot going for them (despite some of the obvious drawbacks as well).
    I don't think Rochester would simply be promoted, though (but I see your point in that). It'll probably be a mix between pure promotion and totally overhauling the team -- maybe about a third of the current squad remains on the new MLS team (if and when this happens)

3. Wile Coyote

Wile Coyote Red Card

Sep 21, 2000
    Punta del Este, Uru.
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
    Count me in as well as a NEW YORK CITY LONG ISLAND dude I would love to see the rhinos PROMOTED to MLS they are doing things the right way and the numbers at the gate prove that... PROMOTE THE Rhinos and the only change that I would ask them to make is to some how make their logo fit into a nice "soccer Crest" and thats about it... Rhinos fan deserve it....

But If MLS were to look past the Rhinos and relocate another team there I would hope that All soccer fans stay away from the relocated MLS team saying hey we want the Rhinos in MLS not relocated San Jose earthquakes in Rochester....

4. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Personally I'd get rid of the "Rhinos" name and just call it Rochester. I dunno how they feel about the name in western NY.