ICC/Pre-season

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Lazy Assed Assassin, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    That goal by Kane again Juve. I’ve seen longer competitive goals, I’ve seen more important goals, I’ve never seen one that long taken that quickly or without looking.

El_Mittinho_ii repped this.
  2. El_Mittinho_ii

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Well that were alright, huh?

Kane, Son, Ndombele, Winks, Moura, Alderweireld all looking sharp. Skipp, Parrett both looked very promising too.

Running out of words for Harry Kane. Going to have to invent a category above "world class" at this rate.

3. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just finished watching first half after y'all did, and I have to say we look to be more or less in midseason form already. It's kinda weird in a good way.

4. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

5. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I hate the way ESPN is hyping this tournament but it gave me more than a smile to see that goal. Against an ex Arsenal keeper. Off a giveaway by a little punk that is too good for us.

Maybe with an actual summer's rest, Kane (and the other players that went deep in the last world cup) will achieve great things this year.

6. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now in the part of the game after Ndombele comes on and... well howdy-do to you, New Guy! I like how you look!

7. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    They looked pretty good. I like the new unis, too.

BalanceUT repped this.
  8. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    If I said that the fact that Szczesny was in goal didn't made it sweeter, I'd be lying.

9. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Love those blue away kits, give me that classic look any time, none of those green or powder blue shirts for me.

10. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    That Kane goal reminds me of another famous long-shot goal by our ex-player Nayim for Real Zaragoza vs Arsenal in the 1995 Uefa Cup final in the final seconds of extra-time at the Parc des Princes. I was living in France at the time and was tutoring one of my students while her brother was watching the game in the background. I can remember we all paused to watch the final couple of minutes and we all celebrated like shoolkids - it's nice to know the Arsenal are hated all over Europe!

11. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Chim chimeny chim chimeny
    Chim chim cheroo
    Nayim from 50
    Beletti from 2

12. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    It's funny how everyone says it was from the half-way line but it looked to be about 35 metres out. Doesn't go so well into the songs, I guess.

13. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Haven’t seen that one before, but all I could think was that looked closer to when Ronaldhino did the same thing to Seaman – you’d think he’d have learned.

14. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    He got Nayim'd again!

15. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    And then this of course, which really was from half-way but was denied by an inept linesman, Ray Lewis, and the always incompetent Mark Clattenberg, before all his plastic surgery.

16. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    And of course the granddaddy of them all, Robbo vs Watford and my all-time favourite commentary moment : "The free-kick forward, it was left by Shittu...Shittu leaves it..."

soccernutter repped this.
  17. El_Mittinho_ii

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    1-1 in the latest friendly. Kane, Dele and Lamela took on 100 schoolkids, went a goal down, then equalised when Dele hit a penalty past 16 goalkeepers :thumbsup:

Lazy Assed Assassin repped this.
  18. El_Mittinho_ii

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Another one today, starts in 30mins. Playing some Spanish team who look like they might go places someday, look out for them - Real Madrid I think they're called.

Gazza; Foyth Toby Jan Rose; Winks Ndombele; Lamela Eriksen Son; Kane

Big bench of everyone else, including Lloris, Sanchez, Lucas, Sissoko, Dele.

Interesting that Danny and Eriksen start, maybe both staying put?

19. El_Mittinho_ii

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    22 mins in, absolutely dominant and a goal to the good. Harold Kane with a neat finish.

20. El_Mittinho_ii

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Eden Hazard is fat. Not fat for a professional footballer, actual fat fat.

21. El_Mittinho_ii

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Not bad, we beat Real Madrid. Not just beat them either, Navas in goal was MOTM and it could and should have been way more.

Not entirely sure how this happened, but we're better than Real Madrid too. I know this was a pre season game, but right across the pitch we have better players than them - Kane is better than Benzema, our Belgians are better than (the now getting on a bit) Ramos and Varane, Son is every bit as good as Hazard, Eriksen is better than Modric, Ndombele is better than Kroos etc etc. Real Madrid have a stellar history, they're an absolute behemoth of a football club but right now - we're better than them.

soccernutter and mekarshalev repped this.
  22. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I keep being surprised that Son's name doesn't get bantered around at a high price move. He is quick, can dribble in close quarters, has ability with both feet, had good positioning(can both sides), and can score.

Makes me think he is letting it be known he doesn't want to move. Or Spurs are letting it be known he is not for sale.

BalanceUT repped this.
  23. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    2019 Audi Cup Champions!!! That’s two trophies in as many seasons! How many summer trophies has Arsenal won again?

24. El_Mittinho_ii

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    It's quite something when we're not plucky underdogs in matches against Juventus, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, even if they are pre-season games.

Foyth stretchered off is a worry though. No sign of Aurier, leaving only KWP as a recognised RB.

25. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Foyth is suspended for the first 2 games anyway, so it is Walker Peters' chance to shine.