IC 3: One Scolari down, one more to go!

Discussion in 'Chelsea Off Topic Threads' started by Eddie26, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Ben7021

Ben7021 Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Orlando
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sometimes I really wish I had spent the 600 bucks to fly back home and see the Rockies play in the series. I'm realizing now I probably will not get another chance with them.

2. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Dude who would have ever thought they could get even one shot at it? Anything can happen. They've been doing well lately. The "Weakest Division in Baseball" might just produce two playoff spots.

3. Ben7021

Ben7021 Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Orlando
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    True. The management change has worked well, but I'm not so sure it can sustain itself over the course of the season but we will see.

4. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Raekwon and I are heading to PNC Park in an hour...meet and greet with the players followed by a session with the Umps on the field then seats behind homeplate....BALLIN'!

5. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AtefuhRtws"]YouTube - NRL Big Hits and Fights[/ame]

6. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  7. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got into the NRL a few years back, absolutely love it. For pace and intensity, imo, it's the only thing I'll take over hockey. League>Union too.

8. Ben7021

Ben7021 Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Orlando
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sosa reported to have tested positive for steroids back in 03 (I think). Not surprised in the slightest.

9. Ben7021

Ben7021 Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Orlando
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Stallworth gets 30 days for DUI manslaughter. 30 days.....

10. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Sammy was my first favorite player (being a Cubs fan) back before he got famous. I still love the 30 HR .265 avg Sosa but he turned into a cheating joke:(

11. Ben7021

Ben7021 Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Orlando
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    These names coming up from this anonymus list every couple months makes me wonder if they are just waiting a couple months and picking another one to keep this story going and going.

12. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    And Vick gets over a year for killing dogs.

Yeah this country has its priorities right.

13. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Kazuma, I have a question for you. Is the perceived, possible Crosby handshake "snub" as big a deal in Deetroit as it appears to be here? What's the consensus there?

14. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some of the players really had a cry fest about it, though Hossa actually came out to defend him, maybe he's just looking to jump back on their bandwagon after his epic failure.

15. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Obviously, imo Stallworth got nothing even close to what he deserves, I don't see what one has to do with the other, nor what it has to do with the countries priorities, as I'm guessing this was the decision of one man.

Vick got what he deserved, Stallworth didn't. There's something wrong with that judge.

That's how it should read for me.

16. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nope. Most of us really don't care about it.

17. Ben7021

Ben7021 Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Orlando
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think the Crosby thing is rediculous. In hockey you got players getting in fights all the time, but some people are hurt because he wasn't super nice afterwords. From what I heard he shook hands with most if not all the Detroit players afterwards. He was in the line at least from what I heard, and yet some people are comparing it to LeBron or worse who walked off the floor, didnt talk to anybody including his own team, and skipped his required press conference.

18. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Really. It's all the press here can talk about, did Sid "snub" the Wings. One moron even went so far as to do a Zapruder film break down.

19. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It's totally different from Lebron. James walked off, didn't talk to media, teammates, anyone. Sid celebrated the win, probably for a min too long (and from the Zapruder film I know this), Pierre Maguire pulled him for an interview.

I mean really, the point is he got in line and a lot of Wings were stung from being up 2-0 and 3-2 in the series and losing and didn't want to hang around, understandably. I am pretty sure they recognize that the blew it.

Either way, I think Hossa might have cost himself some dough because he came up SMALL in the playoffs.

20. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It's silly though, right now we're more interested if Laimbeer can get an NBA job. Probably won't given his history.

21. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England