Ian Hoffmann at Moss FK (Norway)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Academy' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, May 17, 2015.

1. ckajMonet

ckajMonet Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 8, 2017
    I haven't watched Hoffman play so I can't say where his best position is but most modern fullbacks join the attack and the ones who can do so effectively are very valuable so he's not necessarily being wasted w/ defensive duties. Hoffman could be our Benjamin mendy or jordi alba -

2. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Namazi Calls in 24 Players for Pair of U-18 Matches vs. Costa Rica

U.S. U-18 MNT Roster by Position:
    GOALKEEPERS (3): David Ochoa (Real Salt Lake; Oxnard, Calif.), Jacob Schick (Chargers Soccer Club; Palm Harbor, Fla.), Kris Shakes (Philadelphia Union; Austin, Texas)

DEFENDERS (6): Julian Araujo (Barca Academy; Lompoc, Calif.), Nico Benalcazar (New York City FC; Wilton, Conn.), Ian Hoffmann (Karlsuher SC; Karlsruher, Germany), Nelson Martinez (D.C. United; Woodbrigde, Va.), David Mendoza (Chicago Fire; Gage Park, Ill.), Leonardo Sepulveda (LA Galaxy; Corona, Calif.)

MIDFIELDERS (9): Taylor Booth (Unattached; Eden, Utah), Cameron Duke (Sporting KC; Overland Park, Kan.) Roberto Hategan (Sacramento Republic F.C.; Chicago, Ill.), Aidan Morris (Crew SC Academy; Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.), Owen Otasowie (Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C.; New York, N.Y.), Marcelo Palomino (Houston Dynamo; Houston, Texas), Stuart Ritchie (FC Groningen; Pleaston, Calif.) Thomas Roberts (FC Dallas; Little Rock, Ark.), Indiana Vassilev (Aston Villa F.C.; Savannah, Ga.)

FORWARDS (6): Konrad De La Fuente (FC Barcelona; Barcelona, Spain), Jalen Hawkins (FC Bayern Munich; Regensburg, Germany), Ulysses Llanez (LA Galaxy; Lynwood, Calif.), Bryan Reynolds (FC Dallas; Frisco, Texas), Jose Rivas (Crew SC Academy; Weston, Fla.), Stefan Stojanovic (Sockers FC; Chicago, Ill.)

3. DC_Dave

DC_Dave Member+

DC United
    United States
    May 16, 2017
    Ian started for Karlsruher U17 in a 3 - 0 loss at Mainz U17 this past Saturday in B-Junior Bundesliga (Sud/Sudwest)

4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    just a reminder to look out for Karlsruher U19 as they are still in the relegation battle. It's possible that when Hoffmann gets promoted to the U19, they won't even be playing in the top flight from the U19 Sud/Sudwest.

DC_Dave repped this.
  5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ian started on the bench and came on the 58th minute as Karlsruher lost 2-0 to Stuttgart.

and seems like his teammate and supposed Yank, Kasteleiner has only made the bench once in the last 4 U17 games. Missing the recent game.

6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    things have been rough for both him and his club's U17, getting trashed 6-0 by Hoff this matchday. Played the full game as well. The team have only won once in the last 5 games.

as for Ian, he's only started 2 of the last 6 games, rest of the time he's been used as a sub.

Winoman and bsky22 repped this.
  7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    might be injured???

last game he was subbed off at the 41 minute which is just after the HT. Then today as his team got trashed 6-0 by Augsburg U17 looks like he was not part of the squad at all. His team is a mess for sure only winning once since Nov.....

only started 3 of the last 8 games and one of those 3 was subbed off at HT.

Winoman repped this.
  8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    TarHeels17 repped this.
  9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #59 Ger90, May 5, 2018
    Last edited: May 5, 2018
    the U19 ended up being safe and in 5th place while the 1st team is going to be playing 2BL promotion playoffs.

so not only will Hoffmann get to play at the highest level of U19 Sud/Sudwest,if he gets 1st team chances it could be in 2BL over 3rd Liga.

Tom Collingsworth, TxEx and ckajMonet repped this.
  10. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Played 25 games, 1288 minutes with 3 goals for the U17s.

11. LandonDonovan2018

Dec 29, 2016
    Also got some time with the U19s if I'm not mistaken.

12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    seems like he's moving up to the Karlsruher U19 according to TM.

13. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://streamable.com/ho9vw

Here's an all-touch video from one of his games for Germany. He only played 30 minutes so keep that in mind. Two more games will be coming out soon from Karlsruher.

Here are my thoughts:

Wow. This kid is really really good. I can see why he's been called up for Germany quite a bit and is reportedly impressing. His passing range is very good. Barely misplaced a pass at all. He splits defenses open constantly and had a hockey assist in this game. I'm very impressed after this game and am all the more intrigued to see his career path. One question that I have is why he is playing RB? With a passing range like this, he's best suited in the middle of the field. Didn't really seem to do much defensively so maybe these next few games will give a better understanding.

14. ckajMonet

ckajMonet Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 8, 2017
    Great job finding and putting this together. I'm guessing he was playing RB the same reason Otasowie was playing CB, our midfield depth for the '01s, Booth, Roberts, Palomino, Duke etc... If you go to his instagram profile and click on the American flag story in his bio you can see him make a nice line breaking pass

ShaftBrewer and Winoman repped this.
  15. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://streamable.com/j50up

Here's the second game. Again, a really good performance. Lost the ball a few times but no egregious errors IMO. Seems like his soccer IQ is pretty high with all the quick 1-2s that he was playing. Showed off some dribbling prowess as well as great passing range yet again. Should've had a few assists. Well worth a watch.

16. LandonDonovan2018

Dec 29, 2016
    He's a really good player, underrated IMO. How did you manage to get a Die Ligen acct/log-in?

ShaftBrewer repped this.
  17. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    These are really useful.

One thing I'm struck by is how smart he is at moving into the perfect space to receive a 1-2. The first one that really impressed me was the pass 9:00 into the game. If he's not available in time for the other guy to play a one touch ball back to him, it's a turnover. The rest of the video makes it clear that he's always moving as quickly as possible into the optimal position for a one touch return pass.

I don't know about you guys, but that sounds like a great trait for a 6 to have to me.

ChuckMe92 and ShaftBrewer repped this.
  18. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ian sent me these games.

19. TheFalseNine

TheFalseNine Moderator
    Staff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 15, 2014
    Norman, Okla.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gacm32, Tom Collingsworth, TxEx and 3 others repped this.
  20. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice enough to give us a preseason summary:

21. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's playing up an age group for the U19s this year. He's pretty far under the radar in terms of prospects but he's very good. I could see a debut for the first team at the back end of the year if he continues his preseason performance. They're in the 3. Liga this year

22. LandonDonovan2018

Dec 29, 2016
    To add to this, from what I'm hearing, the coach and academy director are enamored with him. So he very well could make the jump if he continues to impress.

23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lasted 58 minutes in a 2-1 loss to FCK U19.

24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Played 87 minute in a 1-0 win (did not score) and got a yellow at the 78th win.

25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    played the full game in a 1-0 win (didn't score).