I Would Like to Set Fire to this Whole Team, and Sow Salt Upon the Land Where it Once Stood.

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Calexico77, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have no analysis outside of that.

$#%@ AEG
    $#%@ Liewicke
    $#%@ Arena
    $#%@ Lalas
    $#%@ Gullit
    $#%@ Yallop
    $#%@ Sampson

2. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wise man, great thread, the game tonight deserves this reaction.

3. taco jones

taco jones Member

Dec 23, 2003
    I might toss Beckham in there.

Actually, no might about it really.

4. Jedimaster1

Jedimaster1 Member

Aug 11, 2008
    SLC, UT
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What he said!^^^

5. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do believe that's the best thread title I've ever read.

Bravo, sir.

6. Benz280

Benz280 Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Galaxias
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^^^^^^

The Creators of a bad team.

7. TheLostUniversity

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Feb 4, 2007
    Greater Boston
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've gotta agree with StillKickin, this thread's title, Calexico, is the best [and one of the most deserved] I've ever seen on BS. :D

Repped

8. dathay

dathay Member

Jul 9, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think Ricketts deserves some asbestos undies at least...:eek:

9. Pegasus503

Pegasus503 BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 7, 2008
    San Diego
    and gloves

10. socalstopper

socalstopper New Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Rowland Heights
    1. throw cobi back out there
    2. trade gordon klein and number 1 pick for a proven striker (ahh dreams)
    3. and get birchalls ass out there already

11. greenarrow1134

greenarrow1134 New Member

May 30, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    dont forget...
    $#%@ Hamilton for dying.

I'm just saying.

12. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. TheRebellion

TheRebellion Member

Oct 1, 2007
    LOS ANGELES
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    And follow up by rebuilding somewhere near L.A. Live downtown that would be great and when that new team wins march into the coliseum and on to play and win Copa Libertadores, win CCL, win world cup of clubs, Superliga and first ever team to be invited to its UEFA CL! what! Do you expect less?!

14. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know, I think we might have a new forum tagline.

15. Johnny B

Johnny B New Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Last year's ROY is hurt, Lewis had a red card, most of our cap space was in South Africa or relaxing, drinking Mojitio's after the Serie A season.. all things considered, the Galaxy are having a good year. Don't forget we had no Buddle for a while, we were taking a chance with a new keeper and starting 2 rookies on the backline.. stop f*cking complaining. This year has been an improvement. Arena is starting to build a foundation for this club. I'll take a bunch of draws instead of a bunch of loses any day.

16. rtdavide

rtdavide Member+

Apr 20, 2005
    Whittier, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    at this point i'd take a bunch of draws too, but the last two losses to two teams that were of a very rare breed: actually lower than us in the standings..... have left me with very little hope. i'm afraid, as someone else mentioned, that we may look back on the ties as the high point of the season.
    then again, as you mentioned, there are some very important parts of our team out right now, so maybe in a few weeks i'll feel better.

maybe bruce, in his genius, is trying to psych up Houston to believe this will be an easy game against us and we'll spring on them for a bunch of goals.....
    catch 'em by surprise...

17. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1) You know why last years ROY is hurt? Because he was played before he was physically ready. It's not like he was hit by a car.

2) How is Lewis' red card not a direction reflection of this team? Before that, it was Berhalter. Red Cars, especially Lewis', aren't bad luck, they're bad decisions.

3) We beat Toronto in Toronto without Donovan, so I see no reason why you can't do the same in ********ing SJ.

4) We've had a bunch of draws, and now we've had a bunch of losses.

I'm putting this in bold, so you don't miss it.

WHAT KIND OF ********ING FOUNDATION IS BRUCE BUILDING WITH PLAYERS LIKE KLEIN, BERHALTER, SANNEH, LEWIS, KIROVSKI & MIGLIORANZI? THESE ARE PLAYERS IN THE LAST YEAR OR TWO OF THEIR CAREERS. AT LEAST TWO WILL NEED TO BE REPLACED NEXT YEAR

I agree that we need to have some consistency - our coaching carousel has been too much recently.

However, that said, I'd still like to burn down the houses of everyone who has contributed to the last 4 years.

18. dawgpound2

dawgpound2 Member

Mar 3, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    It's truly painful what's happened to OUR club.

19. Vios

Vios Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I understand the sentiment of this thread, but I want the Galaxy to succeed. and I want Bruce to succeed. I have been holding out for his great come back, but his personnel decisions make him look like an idiot.

Though, my main complaint is that the team was obviously subpar way back in the preseason and the only major acquisition was Berhalter.

Where is the brilliant/shrewd scouting?

How can he complain about the midfield when he did nothing to upgrade the midfield?

I think Lewis, Berhater, Klein and even Sanneh have something to give, but Kirovski is terrible and Migs should not be considered good enough for the Galaxy.

As a Sounders fan, I was hoping and I am still hoping that the Galaxy would be the giant that you love to hate. But as you have all stated eloquently - the Galaxy is just a joke.

20. Johnny B

Johnny B New Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    All the players you named are stop-gaps until we can find replacements for years to come.. it looks like we did that with Ricketts, AJ and Omar.. who all should at least turn out to be capable MLS players. DC had a great draft picking Wallace and Pontius but I think we had a pretty good one, too. When Becks buys out of his contract at the end of the year, Bruce will probably sign a Beasley or someone of that sort who he can get for a real bargain price now. I know he's playing like crap for the men's team and he isn't even playing for Rangers but for a bargain price, he's still worth taking a shot with.. he's younger than all the players you mentioned and when in form he's one of the best mid-fielders in MLS. Another good draft, a full year with LD, a couple new signings and the Galaxy are a playoff team.. not 1st in the west, but a playoff team. We aren't that far away, don't let a couple of losses throw you all over the edge.

21. Squilch

Squilch Member

Jan 10, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Pretty sure LD is gonna be busy next summer too, and likely miss at least 2 months.

Just sayin',
    Squilch

22. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I took at look at your join date - not because I care how long you've been here, but because I wanted to see if you had posted the same thing in 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008.

Listen. I've been to about 85% of Galaxy home games since 2005. Can you honestly look at this team, and the Galaxy teams of the last few years, and say that we're any closer to being a winning team than any of the last 4 years?

Remember when we thought that Gardner and Kirk just needed to grow into their positions? Do you remember when we were so stoked that we had two Brazilians coming onto the team (Naldo/Nagamura). Do you remember the excitement we had for Mamba Chisoni after his first game? Do you remember how we knew that once our backline of Albright/Marshall/Ihemelu/Dunivant gelled that we'd be set? Can you believe we had that backline, and got rid of it?

On the LARS boards, this is my sig:

"You know what? ******** that. no disrespect to you as this isn't aimed at you, but i've been "not panicking" for five ********ing years now. it's been four coaches, three designated players, two general managers and we're still the same shit side we were in 2003."

And guess what - he [EDIT - "he" is dashiel] wrote that LAST YEAR.

23. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wrote to Doug Hamilton when there was a rumor about sending either Albright or Dunivant packing, and said just that - don't break up that back line. He wrote back that he had no intention of trading (whichever one it was). Albright & Dunivant were the best right/left back combo in MLS and the central defense was very serviceable. Aargh!

24. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    hey that sounds familiar.

25. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SHIT!!!!

Sorry - notice I wrote "He". I meant to copy my whole sig, which says "Dashiel, preaching the word".

My apologies, I meant to source you. :D:eek: