I was accused of trolling when I absolutely was not

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by It's called FOOTBALL, Jun 29, 2011.

1. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously?

Is this thread still going?

2. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, If people would make me a mod again, I'd lock it ;)

3. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    1 small town does not a state make.
    Many do for the big gatherings. Read up.

Your May 5th and "outta the park" comments were dumb shit. Not to mention the racial slurs you've said, which only got you a wrist-slap. You live in the most fragile glass house, yet you throw stones. And why are you answering for DK anyway? This thread doesn't even pertain to you, yet here you are to cause trouble again.

Those 2 states have strongholds, but that's besides the point. I shouldn't even feed your troll ass.

You believe wrong.

Lemme access my mod privileges so I can do so...

Don't flatter yourself, kid. Is this forum supposed to be a playground where the bullies rule? Do you think you're Nelson Muntz?

Go ahead and think that anyone follows you. Whatever makes you happy.

Dude, this isn't a playground. It's a football forum. We're not here jockeying for position to be the toughest e-badass around.

I'd never dis your peeps. I already explained in the other thread that they are connected to my peeps. Any indigineous-on-indigineous hate is idiotic.

Yes I do. The ghost of Ricardo Montalban says, "Sr. Calor, calmate! Todo estara bien. No te preocupes, no hay necesidad para peleas. La vida es bonita. Disfrutala y llevate bien con la gente."

4. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps you could name those towns.

If you recall, you made the initial slur towards me, to which I responded. You got a 5 point infraction. I got 50 and a red card after you ran to TTM, who was in a pissy mood after flying home from Japan, per his PM to me. Followed by how horrible it is to use that word, yet what you said was just something us Indians needed to get over.

Oh but it does. It's full on evidence that this whole "innocent" act is bullshit.

Name them.

And yet, you get dinged for more racism.

Prolly not going to happen.

Actually, I think your playing Grover Dill to TTM's Scut Farkus

I guess I just spontaneously got a 1000 point infraction.

Then you won't need TTM's Protection, will you Grover?

And yet you did, which is how this all got started.

Nahh, not so much.

How convenient that that mantle gets claimed.

No Habla, Grover. Not worth my time to translate it either.

Have fun with your mental gymnastics trying to find all the Klan strongholds.

5. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Do you need visual aids, hard evidence and character witnesses to prove that I have nothing against Indians?
    Did this happen on an episode of Fantasy Island that I missed?
    Have no idea who they are. Unless the Sesame Street character's last name was Dill. In that case, you're Oscar the Grouch.

Are you slow, dude? Seriously, it was already explained to you twice that you don't have to follow anyone to see their post.

Why do you keep mentioning him? He has nothing to do with this thread. Protection? I just told you we're not in the schoolyard or BigSanQuentin.com.

You love beating dead horses and ignoring info, don't you? Maybe this can make you understand:

Yo no tengo nada contra los Indios. Cero. Zilcho. Never have and never will.

Well, there's enough of a connection there for me to consider you guys cousins.

Ahh, I just see you've thrown another stone in the chest-thumping thread...

6. Dignan23

Dignan23 Member+

Jul 6, 2001
    Fort Vancouver, WA
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    In parts of South America, if you call an indigenous person "Indio," you're likely to get your ass beat. Is "Indio" acceptable in Mexico?

The more accepted word in SA is "Indigena."

7. Crazy_Yank

Crazy_Yank Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Matamoros, Mexico
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I can't speak for the part of Mexico where ICF is from but the parts I've lived and traveled "indio" would not be cool.

8. El_tri321mex

El_tri321mex Member

Oct 20, 2006
    berkeley
    Indio is acceptable in Mexico thanks to main stream media,. Not on the southern part though ,.

9. Crazy_Yank

Crazy_Yank Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Matamoros, Mexico
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It is pretty good beer :D

10. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Somehow I doubt ICF has spent much time in Mexico.

And I wonder why that is...

11. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    So, excuse my ignorance, but how is calling someone a halfbreed, racist?

If I call someone a mixie, thats considered racism?

If someone calls me black. That would not be considered racism.

Im not on that guys side, but I dont understand.

12. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Halfbreed of what? Half of anything had indications of being less than whole, and when there is any context of race involved, is indicates that the person is not racially acceptable since they are not racially whole.

There are many other ways to say the term without displaying some form of racism, such as mixed. But even then, in the context of post in question, there was no reason to bring his race into the conversation.

13. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Breed is also a term that's used for animals, not people. It's derogatory.

14. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Thanks for clearing that up.

15. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I disagree. I don't consider Half-breed an epithet.

I have multiple nationalities and ethnicities, which makes me a mutt...[​IMG] Some people need to relax, and stop acting like everything is racist.

I agree though, I think this thread has ran its course.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which is nice for you and whatnot, but you are in a minority that would be measured in angstroms if we were talking about distance.

17. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    And anyone that has to deal with other human beings on a personal or professional level understands that it's not what you, personally, consider that's important. It's what most other people consider.

And most people I know consider the term "half-breed" to be very derogatory and offensive. Not sure I'd consider it "racist" per se, but it's definitely not a term for polite conversation.

18. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like most things, it depends on the company and your familiarity with those who are saying it. I have friends to this day who laugh about it while calling themselves a "half-breed", "half-caste" and/or "mutt". Would I ever say that to someone I wasn't cool with and with whom we both know they could say anything to me as well as vice-versa ......... of course not. But audience always matters. But as you said, they unquestionably aren't terms for general polite conversation.

19. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. Yet the comment was, as said, derogitory at best, tainted with racism at worst. You may call yourself a mutt, but I do not know you, and even if I did, I would not use the term "mutt" as I find it derogitory (as it is most commenly used in association with dogs - I have no wish to associate anybody with a dog unless the meaning is meant to be derogitory).

The same can be said for terms like "African-American." I find the term stupid, but I don't tell other people that they are stupid for using the term.

Not yet, when your comment gives further discussion point.

Largely on BS, there is only a casual familiarity with other posters, and I really don't know who is good friends with whom. I think the same can be said for most outside of the long FFA threads, or some of the NSR threads in various forums. My guess is that there are something like 5k or 10k active posters on a weekly basis, which makes it difficult if not impossible to know everybody. We should, as people, err on the side of caution when it come to terms that are known to be derogitory or racially incensitive. And occasionally, posters are ignorant and learn.