I was accused of trolling when I absolutely was not

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by It's called FOOTBALL, Jun 29, 2011.

1. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    It's only a 2 point infraction, however, I'd like it to be reviewed by the mods here:

You have received an infraction at BigSoccer
    Dear It's called FOOTBALL,

You have received an infraction at BigSoccer.

Reason: Trolling - Basic
    -------
    Again, another Klan reference.
    -------

This infraction is worth 2 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?p=23721047
    Quote:
    They can schedule the games in the middle of a Ku Klux Klan rally, it will still be majority Mexican. Mexican fans don't care where it is, we support our team thru thick and thin. Ain't no stoppin' us.

I actually would like to see the game in a KKK stronghold just to see how many of those Klansmen's daughters end up coming home with us.
    All the best,
    BigSoccer

I did not insult another poster nor did I insult any team. Infractions like this need to be brought up so we can all be up to speed on what trolling actually is, which is insulting people or the team they follow. I did neither.

2. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Take this from the God-King of Trolls on BigSoccer.

You were trolling. Poorly.

The post obliquely implied that USSoccer would ever consider holding an NT game in the middle of a Klan Rally in order to keep Mexicans out to preserve an American dominated fixture, then attempted to infer your sexual prowess into luring "Klansmen's daughters" off to have sex with.

If the same post were made in BSMX forums, you would be negrepping and running to the moderators down there, screaming for infractions, and they would be doled out, at far higher point levels than you got.

In short, you got off lucky. USMen's is much more tolerant of you than BSMX is of this sort of thing.

All the Best and Share the Passion (TM)

3. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reviewed

Results: Trolling for race baiting.

Infraction should remain in place.

4. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    I figured that's what the mod thought I was doing, but I absolutely was not. I highly doubt Sunil, an Indian married to a Mexican, would ever do business with the Klan.

I wouldn't be negging or reporting if a usmnt fan said anything similar. But there already is alotta tension from all the "love it or leave it" comments out there.

Well, footballnutter has spoken. It's too bad that the level of discourse between fans of both teams has actually regressed lately due to others' behaviour. We can't even shoot the breeze anymore without people taking false implications from people's comments.

5. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Did you attempt to explain to the moderator that wasn't your intention? Fans & Travel isn't really meant for that kind of comment. It's a low key place for US fans to meet up and make arrangements.

6. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    I'll PM him and tell him. The topic was about where they can hold a game that wouldn't have majority Mexican fans. So I feel the comment was appropriate to the discussion. In fact, I don't even think the Klan reference was hyperbolic 'cause I honestly do believe Mexicans would fill the stadium if it was held in central Indiana or Alabama where the strongholds are.

I didn't attack anyone or racebait in any way.

7. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    You just implied that Indiana and Alabama are filled with racists. That would be considered trolling.

8. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I issued the infraction and given the tone of the board immediately after the Gold Cup Final I felt it was appropriate. If circumstances were different I may have been lighter but I don't take any race based comments lightly. My decision stands.

9. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I sort of doubt ICF's innocence after his claims that he didn't know "squ@w" was offensive to Indians (Feathers Not Dots).

Which my reply to his use of the word towards me elicited the response that triggered my current yellow card.

He certainly knows the words I used were offensive and scurried off to tell TTM about it and get me in trouble, so I have a really hard time buying the innocent explanation again.

Lord knows similar language such as references to drug cartels in BSMX would have garnered a red card were it posted in BSMX and the innocent explanation combined with talk about how the cartels effectively run certain towns would be ignored and the ban likely extended.

I guess you can only claim ignorance once. So I guess, Where's ICF's yellow card?

10. Puro_Sinaloa

Puro_Sinaloa Member+

Dec 3, 2005
    I was given a yellow for saying Tim Howard was a half breed. Isnt he black and white?

11. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. You know enough to know that is ractist

2. Did you PM your card-giver to get a further explination.

3. For you pretend ignorance, I would request that your card be extended.

12. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you serious?

13. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No kidding.

I didn't realize so much comedy was available in this forum.

picks up popcorn bowl...

14. Puro_Sinaloa

Puro_Sinaloa Member+

Dec 3, 2005
    But telling people to mow lawns is perfectly o.k. with you, eh?

15. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Sorry - what?

16. Puro_Sinaloa

Puro_Sinaloa Member+

Dec 3, 2005
    The problem is that you little spazzos are still hurting from the destruction your pathetic NT got at the hands of the Mexican NT. HA HA HA HAH AHAHA HA HA HA HA HA A HA HA HAHA HA HA HAHA HA HAA HAHA HA HAHAHA HAAHA HAHA AHA

So you all look for any little reason to get back at us. Go ahead, you pathetic little, weasels!!!! HA HAH AHA AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAA HA HA HA AHA HA HA HAH A HA HA HA HA

17. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
  18. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't think of an example where we've turned off access to the Customer Service forum from a poster - it should be a place open to all - but another post like this, and that'll happen in this case.

If you want to troll, head on over to World Rivalries. This is most definitely the wrong place for this.

19. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure if this had happened, you would be able to link to the post here so the mods could take care of it, though I'm sure you would have already done so with TTM.

I don't ever recall being this "lame and pathetic" with my trolling. Mods?

20. drunkguy10

drunkguy10 El Sancho

Dec 26, 2006
    No idea
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We need to have a thread explaining what is racist... specially the borline words that are racist to some.

for example? can I call the white wannabe Mexican-americans supporters of the USNT... coconuts? Please, if the mods would be so kind to clarify that, it would be greatly appreciated.;)

21. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    You're taking the piss, right? Because I specifically said "where the strongholds are". Meaning right in the towns where they have their meetings. The post didn't come close to mean that the states are filled with racists.

Maybe you're just trying to prove the point that mods can imply anything they want from any post. Which I guess is true, which kinda makes posting in their forums pointless.

I didn't, we already went over this.

Give an example of "similar language".

So I've been cool as hell with you since that "incident", and here you try to stab me in the back. Nice.

This coupled with your May 5th comment (as if any of your people's holidays were never trivialized) and "I can hit that outta the park" (as if no one can do the same to you if there was a comment mentioning reservations or something like that).

And no you don't get followed, people can see everyone's post in this entire forum through the Spy.

I know you get special privileges here, which is why you troll relentlessly and flaunt the fact that you can. But give it a rest, Pollyanna, it gets old.

22. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Umm, how can it not? Or do the Klansmen come in from out of state? Of course, whenever what's left of the Klan and other similar organizations decide to hold a public protest or march or whatever, they are generally dwarfed by the counter-protest. Starving them of their funding has done wonders towards reducing their influence to those they immediately know.

Maybe if you didn't say dumb shit, it wouldn't be open to any interpretation, other than what it is, which, when you're basically saying two states have Klan strongholds and the facts do not bear that out, you really are just, trolling.

And I believe you are a liar.

Try the recycle bin.

No, I think you've just wisely stayed out of my way.

Perhaps you and your buddies should find better uses of your time than to follow my posts for anything you can run back to TallTowerDouche and have him dole out more 1000 point infractions because I said something that hurt the feelings of the collective Mexican population on BigSoccer.

Oh you can do it. I just don't run to the mods, as you found out. I respond directly. Sure, I paid the price, but then again, I'm not a gutless punk.

Funny that somehow, my posts are "reported" to a certain Supermoderator w/o going through the "reporting" system. Must be some sort of glitch.

By "special privileges" you mean being restricted from all US forums for a year? Wearing a yellow card for the better part of a year and a red card for at least 30 days?

Yeah, I'm really getting "special treatment". Got any other musings from Fantasy Island, Tattoo?

23. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not coconuts. It should be "shimmy shimmy cocoa pop."

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG5sa-BeLbU"]YouTube - ‪Kiss You Back - Digital Underground‬‏[/ame]

24. Dignan23

Dignan23 Member+

Jul 6, 2001
    Fort Vancouver, WA
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    You know what's more annoying than someone being racist?

Someone being racist and then pretending that they had no idea that they were being racist.

25. Puro_Sinaloa

Puro_Sinaloa Member+

Dec 3, 2005
    Don't waste your time, It's Football, these tea baggers have their own racist agenda.