News: "I want to do it differently" - OTT[R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Jul 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Stl is back with another MLS franchise bid, this time almost all privately financed. You gotta think that if the bid is legit, it will finally happen. MLS wants to fill a void in the Midwest and STL is one of the biggest football hotbeds in the US. Plus the attendance would be great given the lack of major sports teams in the area. It would also be one of the only US sports team with a majority of women owners in the board which is a huge plus in the MLS eyes.

jnielsen and Futbol_Head repped this.
  2. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All for St. Louis, just as long as Sacramento gets a team as well. They've had everything in order for years now.

There are a few areas in the US that are looking pretty bare in terms of professional soccer. I'm curious to see how the USL (Divisions 2-4) does as they begin to expand the next few years.

Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 10.50.33 AM.png

jnielsen repped this.
  3. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The Miami pink flamingos aren't shown?

4. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    Denver isn’t shown either

5. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Denver and Miami are potential/future MLS franchises. Different than USL.

7. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Say what you will about Lampard, Gerrard, and Terry as players. The English game should and will improve with players of their caliber trying their luck at management. Wish more of our boys would give it a shot, especially Gaz and Rio.

I'd like Nicky Butt to take a shot at club management now that he's got several years at the academy under his belt. Have Fletch or Carrick take over once he calls it.

8. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jardim have officially pulled the trigger on Jardim.

www.bbc.com/sport/football/45824259

Obviously, his performance this season with the fact that he has been fired work against him in terms of being a potential replacement to Mourinho at United.
    He does have extenuating circumstances though, with Monaco's transfer policy. He pretty much lost the whole team he led to the title and the CL semis, and the players who came in are not anywhere (yet) near that level.
    He has shown his quality in his time at that club.

9. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Mbappe, Martial, Bakayoko,Fabinho, Lemar and Bernardo Silva all xcelled or brought into first team under Jardim .. Bernardo was i think from benfica but played 3 seasons under him.

10. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I'd have Butt or Carrick as our manager right now.

11. gatekeeper2

gatekeeper2 Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    We had everything in order in Sacramento until several of our investors pulled out last year. But the structure is in place, the football has been very decent despite a lot of turnover among players and managers and the crowds are fantastic for a USL team. We can button down second seed in the playoffs this weekend. And it makes a lot of sense for MLS to have a Northern California rival for San Jose.

The one massive downside to Sacramento from a player's perspective is the intense summer heat. The east coast has humidity but it's not unusual for summer temps to be in the low 100s even at 8pm. But the misters that many of us have been urging the club to build into the stadium would solve part of that problem, at least for the fans.

12. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #812 Ashur, Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    With some uncertainty or chopping/changing in midfield and upfront, it's nice to see the US seemingly settling on their back 5 of Steffen, Brooks and Miazga at CB, plus Yedlin and Robinson on the flanks, in recent games.
    Good teams are built with a solid foundation at the back and we're getting that, by the looks of it. Sarachan has done a pretty good job since asking over and hearing some of the people rumored, wouldn't mind him getting a shot actually.
    Apart from him Tata Martino would be my #1 pick now (dying for a SA guy to coach us) or if they have to go American, Berhalter does not appear to be bad choice.

James, with a superb strike, opens the score for Colombia. He's just filthy when he's on and healthy.

13. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The US did well to start the 2nd half very strong, taking the lead shortly, but Colombia just came back and rolled over them after that, completely taking over and dominating the midfield. Adams and McKennie (and Pulisic as well) were obviously missed today.
    The lack of a reliable CF could become an ongoing issue, until hopefully Sargent or Weah can develop quickly. Wood is not the answer (not on his own at least).

jnielsen repped this.
  14. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

15. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    This England match is fascinating. Both in terms of the empty stadium (plus 5 fans outside singing Engerlund every once in a while) and in finding out just how much of an idiot Craig Burley is.

16. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    Rashford slots away an easy chance on his left.

Oh no, my mistake.

Rashford makes it 2 with another easy chance, this time on his right.

Oh, nope.

Honestly his finishing has dropped to Welbeck standards.

jnielsen, Anonymous_United and Sofabloke repped this.
  17. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    But some of our members think he should be leading our attack. Baffling for me at best Rashford apologist will blame it all on Mourinho.

18. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    I blame a lot of it on Mourinho. I don’t know how you couldn’t. If we were having the sort of shot volume you’d expect of a top 4 side, with chances of top 4 quality, then he would have scored 2 for England tonight.

19. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty sure that no one thinks that Rashford should lead the line for us. Rashford is best used as part of a front 2.
    What I have said about Rashford and I believe it firmly still is that he hasn't progressed the way he should because I bet he's not being coached properly. Put him in Pep's hands for a year and I'm convinced we'd see a different player. At his age, being coached up is kind of vital. And that's another reason Mourinho needs to go...

20. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Anonymous_United repped this.
  21. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Sorry i dont agree with you Pals. Forget abt finishing for the second his decision making is so poor in crunch times and surely during training all players practice finishing or put in 1 vs 1 scenario. Martial would have score atleast 1 if he was in Rashford position. Jose needs to go but thats for another thread and Pep excluded Ilahencho (sp) who didnt get much fame as he was african but better than Rashford when both of them break through hell Pep wasnt keen on Aguero aswell initially. Rashford has regressed for me i would glady swap him for Zaha. May be its more on Mou but stated above are my pessimistic views on Rashford for now.

22. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Same could be said about Martial but his finishing is way more better than Rashford. Long night.

23. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
  24. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Martial may be technically superior to Rashford, but it does not make him a bad player in his own right. And for the record, after he was dropped by Mourinho once Sanchez arrived, Martial struggled until the start of this season, meaning players go thru bad patches.
    Even as his progression somewhat slowed down last season,.he still showed moments of brilliance (plus 13 goals and 9 assists in all comps) which to me is proof of his talent and how it hasn't been nurtured properly as it should.
    And he still could come correct under the tutelage of the right manager as he's still very young. You may not think so and we'll just agree to disagree but we'll see how he does in time. Hopefully under the guidance of a new manager sooner rather than later: something btw that can be said about the majority of the squad. That alone speaks volume and it's no coincidence...

25. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's back to where it began for Thierry Henry as he's officially been named the new Monaco headcoach.

jnielsen repped this.