News: "I want to do it differently" - OTT[R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Jul 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #776 Ashur, Oct 7, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    Both teams' defensive progression in the past season and a half or so, has to be recognized. Pool a year ago were still a joke at the back: van Dijk's arrival has been the catalyst for improvement. But the new FBs also made a big difference.
    The fact that both teams are keeping each other in check so far, when they are legitimately going at each, is a testament of their progress in that department.
    Also worth noting that we're looking at 2 teams who had some clear weaknesses, recognized them and spent big towards addressing them, therefore improving themselves big time in the process.

jnielsen repped this.
  2. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
  3. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
  4. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Clear foul from van Dijk on Sane. And Mahrez skies it.

5. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I wonder how long the likes of Sane and Jesus will put up with being on the bench week in, week out?

I've no idea why Mahrez was given than PK. Jesus, Silva for me should be ahead of him and Sane is German.

jnielsen repped this.
  6. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rooney with a brace for DC today. Didn't think he had this much left in the tank. Fair play to him, he's made DC look like a force going into the playoffs.

LA. MAN UNITED repped this.
  7. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Rooney i think just wasnt food enough for top 6 teams... and just couldnt keep up with the pace of league ... there is a reason even everton couldnt afford him in starting 11 and he would have never move to bottom half teams..

Barca again drop points away to Valencia... Keeping madrid in race for league title.. madrid havent scored a goal in somelike 400minutes ...

8. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    Rooney was food enough for the top 6 and their season ticket holders combined.

SyedZada, Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10 and johno repped this.
  9. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    lol it was a typo .. :D i obviously meant "good enough" ..

10. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mbappe really has taken his game to the next level this season, following his fantastic WC. He's pretty much taken over as PSG's main scorer this season, adding another 4 today in one of their 'top' games of their league season vs Lyon. Did so in just 15mins also. Unreal.

jnielsen repped this.
  11. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Already on 14 goals this season and most has come from RWF position. Only if we could have someone like him at RWF ..

12. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thierry Henry and Rui Faria are the leading candidates for the vacant Villa job

www.bbc.com/sport/football/45778565

Henry might be the riskier choice (although Faria has no headcoaching experience of his own) but if they're looking for a new direction, he'd definitely be the way to go from where I stand.

13. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Martinez name is also bouncing around but hey why would he leave Belgium for aston villa.

14. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Matias Almeyda, one of the most highly coveted coaches in the Americas has decided to join the Earthquakes starting next season. I'm ecstatic, can't wait to see what he does with this dumpster fire.

15. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    nah we would cry about him heing shunted out wide.

Anonymous_United repped this.
  16. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    jnielsen repped this.
  17. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    the hazard situation is bizarre. i don't recall seeing a great player run after a club like that where the interest wasn't mutual.

18. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I thought he was doing a good job over there [emoji50]

jnielsen repped this.
  19. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is bizarre in a sense, but it's easy to see where it comes from. It's obviously a dream of Hazard's to play for Real. He's 27yrs old and he knows that if he had any chance of making a move, it would be now. Plus, being close to becoming a free agent, he knows Real could get him for relatively cheap (or even nothing when his contract runs out).
    That's why he still hasn't signed a new contract with Chelsea but the problem remains Neymar, who remains Real's alleged #1 target. With both players pretty similar in where they play, it's clearly a matter of one or the other. Hazard is playing the waiting game here: he's smart not to antagonize Chelsea by respectful of Chelsea in his comments. That way if things don't work out the way he hopes with Real, he won't have shut the door on Chelsea completely.
    It's a chess game in the end.

20. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He did do a very good job previously, but this season things are not going well for them: 18th currently in Ligue 1 and in the relegation zone.
    They have lost a lot of very good players in recent years and it's not necessarily easy to keep producing when player turnover is so high. It stands to reason they'd want to bring in someone with fresh ideas.

21. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    Turnover is ridiculous and the club wanted results with a bunch of 18 year old while selling them with a profit.

Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10 repped this.
  22. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    @Ashur i think he's already being incredibly disrespectul to chelsea by even mentioning real. could you imagine if pogba had been quoted saying exactly that about barca?

23. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A player merely acknowledging reality can easily be termed disrespectful, the way some supporters think.

Anonymous_United repped this.
  24. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Key difference being though that Hazard is coming towards the end of his contract with Chelsea, on the verge of becoming a free agent. Some gamesmanship: this could be all a work to get himself a better contract with Chelsea (I don't think it's the case, but it's possible). Players taking advantage of their position is expected.
    Pogba currently is nowhere near that position at the moment tbh, and he appeared to be doing not too long ago.

25. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hazard has always been mercenary. Not a surprise. It also explains why he's turned it up a notch this season.