News: "I want to do it differently" - OTT[R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Jul 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is the world coming to when Real have to report clubs for alleged tapping up? The irony here, lol...

United 16 and johno repped this.
  2. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It's delusion. That club and their fans live in a different world.

LGRod and Ashur repped this.
  3. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Roma have had a €40 million (£36m/$45m) for Leon Bailey rejected by Bayer Leverkusen, according to Mediaset Premium.

The Serie A side are determined to bring the Jamaica international to Italy this summer, but their offer falls short of Bayer Leverkusen's €50m (£45m/$57m) asking price.

4. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    Serie A is back baby!

I like Laxalt a lot.

Castillejo too fancy for me with no directness about his play and too fragile.

With Halilovic and Suso, I do not think they needed him in there even though he is more central.

5. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Laxalt is a good player, reminds me of Sorrin just a little. I’m not sure he would have been a god fit for us tbh. We need a serious upgrade at LB, not simply a good player.

6. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pep is definitely up there for me as one of the best coaches in the game, but his intensity is something I've always wondered about, especially for the long term.
    It definitely can have it's positives and I don't see it being a hindrance yet in his 3rd season with City. But at the same time, you have to wonder how long it will be before it can start to wear thin on the players.
    Winning, of course, is the ideal antidote to it (as it is to pretty much anything really), but he really takes the meaning of "intensity" to another level. From how he can go on like a madman on the touchlines, or when he goes into his impromptu "teaching moments" one on one at the end of games, with some of his players (or even oppo ones at times).
    His style does not appear to be sustainable for too long, unless there is a certain turnover in players every so often. Not sure how much longer his contract at City is for, but I think he has 2-3 more seasons in him tops there, before he'll feel he has to move on (in today's environment 5-6yrs at one club is a lifetime now for a manager anyway).

7. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Pep strikes me as one of those guys that, if you buy into his system 100% everything will go fine. But anyone that has their own ideas or own style of play he will blackball like he did with Ibra, Eto, Toure, etc. Not that theres anything wrong with that, but he seems like sort of a slimy guy in that regard. Like he would stab someone in the back but not confront them to their face if that makes sense.

8. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've only seen the first episode but I've really enjoyed All or Nothing thus far. I wish there was more stuff like this out there in football. Brilliant. Every team should do something like this for their fanbase.

Dirichlet repped this.
  9. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'm impressed almost every time I watch Shelvey play. I know he's from scum, but his passing range and vision is impressive. He's quick to play those penetrative passes. He's not at the level he needs to be at to be at a top top club, but I'm always drawn to watching him because he is constantly trying to drive his team forward.

jeff070 repped this.
  10. doubletrouble

doubletrouble Member+

Manchester United
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Dec 16, 2003
    St.Kitts
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Kitts and Nevis
    Looks terrible

J'can and johno repped this.
  11. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Agree. And the Spanish in the crest I think is b*******

12. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Timmy gets the start at RB for Fulham vs Spurs.

13. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Spurs are all over them. I'd be surprised if Spurs score less than 3 today. It should be 2-0 already.

14. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    TFM lucky to not concede a penalty there.

I have to say, the last handful of time I've watched TFM he has not be convincing. His decision making is really poor.

jeff070 repped this.
  15. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #390 Ashur, Aug 18, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    It definitely looks like a matter of time for Fulham's defense before they concede. Spurs being sloppy and a bit wasteful is really what has saved them thus far (as opposed to them being solid defensively).

Richarlison with another goal today for Everton. Another fast start for him, just like last year.

16. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was a nice strike from Lucas Moura to finally put Spurs in the lead.

17. gatekeeper2

gatekeeper2 Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If we can raise our finishing to that level we'll compete well with City.

18. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Fulham unlucky to be behind to a beauty by Lucas. TFM has looked ok, but unpolished. He did well to break an early press and dribble past his man and then he made a good pass and then took his foot off the gas, just stopped.

He needs to have the appetite to get forward and punish attackers if they press him. If the attacker chases him, he can't capitalize on the space TFM left behind and if he doesn't, then a defender or holding mid will be pulled out of position to cover his run. Given his pace/stamina/strength, he needs to bring that to bear.

19. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The exception is of course the RvP/Rooney duo when SAF evolved one more time to win us a title.

20. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He also put in a clumsy tackle on Kane that should've been a penalty.

21. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fulham have been the better team in the 2nd half so far and they got their just reward. Mitrovic makes it 1-1.

22. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Sessegnon definitely doesn't look ready for the step up to a top PL team. He needs a couple seasons in the PL with a team like Fulham to adjust to the speed. His reactions and decision making are all way too slow.

23. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Him staying with Fulham for this season at a minimum, was always the right call. Still want to see where he will be in his progression and development by mid season first and then at the end of the campaign.
    But he is where he needs to be at the moment. No doubt about that.

24. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wow Mitrovic. All alone 8 yards out and absolutely shanks the shot.

25. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Spurs are definitely a different team offensively without the energy and workrate of Son.