I Really Hope That Poland Qualifies For 2014

Discussion in 'Poland' started by Terry Gyimah, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Terry Gyimah

Terry Gyimah New Member

May 6, 2010
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Even though I am not Polish, I am Ghanaian, I was so shocked and really disappointed that Poland did not qualify for the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa, I really wanted to see them there. If Poland had qualified, they would have either ended up in England's group or in Italy's group seeing as how Slovakia & Slovenia were in those groups, and Poland they could have qualified and ended up in one of those groups and they very well could have made it to the Round of 16 or beyond.

For 2014 I really hope and pray that you guys qualify for 2014 because you guys deserve it, but that can only happen if you guys impress at UEFA EURO 2012 in your guys' own backyard also co-hosting with Ukraine

If you guys can go far in EURO 2012, or perhaps even win it all on home soil, then and only then will you guys have a chance at qualifying for Brazil 2014

2. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Polish NT is in shambles; I've never seen things as bad as they are now (bad players, bad FA, bad coaching and bad league, bad infrastructure), and Euro 2012 is coming up soon...

3. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    agreed

the Polish team is a MESS!

they had a very favorable draw at the last WC and they choked

they had no business at this years WC and its no use even talking about it

as for 2014... yeah i hope they make it too, but seeing the shape the team is in now its had to see a turn around anytime soon

they only reason we'll be at the Euro2012 is that we're co-hosting it

4. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so having an entire post in a bolded font, does that mean extra emphasis? ;) :p

5. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i agree with you and smoga

6. Terry Gyimah

Terry Gyimah New Member

May 6, 2010
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Poland I agree they are a mess right now, especially after not qualifying for South Africa 2010, but I think that you guys will be motivated enough to do well in front of your home fans for EURO 2012, and motivated enough to go far in this EURO perhaps making history by making it all the way to the semis or even the final of EURO 2012, perhaps winning EURO 2012 on home soil in front of your home fans, you guys will have the home crowd behind you, all the support, it will make you guys play better.

This Poland team come 2012, come 2014, will be an all new Polish squad hopefully with good players to build around, and with the right coach of course, Poland will be on pace to make a comeback starting from EURO 2012 into Brazil 2014

I really want to see Poland at Brazil 2014, just as I am sure each Polska fan is awaiting not only EURO 2012 but also Brazil 2014

7. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    reading this post, you really do not understand the mess that is known as the pzpn :p

by the way, going back to your original post with poland "deserving" it, can you clarify your stance on that please?

8. Terry Gyimah

Terry Gyimah New Member

May 6, 2010
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    I'll clarify my stance on this right now, Poland being the home team, EURO 2012 it is in your guys' home country, am I right, then that kind of gives you guys an advantage, correct, playing in front of your home fans. I am sure that all the Polish people will come out to Poland to watch you guys during EURO 2012 or that any Polish fan in any part of the world will be supporting you guys, am I right?

I understand that you guys did not qualify for South Africa 2010, but that still shouldn't deter you guys from supporting Poland, because you guys will be in a major tournament coming up in 2 years, in 2012 for the EURO Cup tournament

So that gives you guys a lot of time to prepare for EURO 2012, meaning playing friendlies against certain countries, and from there you figure out your strengths and or your weaknesses and you focus on that and work at it until you turn your weaknesses into strengths, and your strengths you guys use it to capitalize on your opponents

Poland you guys do have a young team, and EURO 2012 you guys still have to prepare, if you guys prepare hard for it, and do well, then 2014 is not out of the question

9. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you failed to address key points Smoga and Marek have made though... those things are not the kind of things that get "fixed" or "prepared" within 2 years :p no matter how much you stress on "support", it does not address the critical issues at hand that we have been seeing, and reading for years this past decade. with some of the older guys, they are aware of even more than just that. these problems do not have simple solutions, they are imbedded

10. Terry Gyimah

Terry Gyimah New Member

May 6, 2010
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    I get that, and I understand all of which you are saying, but still Poland at least has to try, 2012 all Polish people and Ukrainian people will be depending on both of your guys' countries to do well in EURO 2012, and I believe that you guys can do well if you prepare for EURO 2012 which means more friendlies against opposition from now until 2012 to help you guys prepare, am I right or am I wrong on that particular point?

Playing lots of friendly matches between now and 2012 against European, South American, Asian, and or African opposition to help you guys prepare physically, and not only physically but mentally as well, if you guys can get good results in all your friendlies from now until 2012 before EURO starts, then you guys might, just might be ready for EURO 2012

Playing hard defense too on top of that, and becoming a defensive team, but still having that attacking Polish style

I only want to see Poland do well in EURO 2012 and qualify for the 2014 FIFA World Cup for the first time since Germany 06, EURO 2008 you guys had a hard group, but 2012 who knows

You guys just might get a favourable group draw for EURO 2012

11. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    those are all pretty general thoughts... what are your thoughts on what Lato has done the last few years, or Smuda, or Beenhaker? some sort of detail would be appreciated :D