I like Eboue!

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by biggonez, Dec 17, 2007.

1. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eboue,

I've been hard on you in recent years, and frankly never liked your personality much, at least your old personality.

I have always given you credit from time to time when credit is due, i.e. after good performances. And this year you've had a bunch!

But I feel it's time I stand up and publicly say:
    1. Eboue I very much appreciate your big help in this year's campaign.
    2. You've been versatile and a big contribution (Porto win stands out).
    3. You seem to have a good attitude, even as utility player on the bench.
    4. You seem a real team player (i.e. greeting teammates w/ handshakes as they come off pitch at the end).
    5. You've curtailed a lot of your whining, diving antics (although I still seem glimpses).
    6. You seem to have listened to your critics & manager.

Well done. Keep up the good work.

And with a little bit of luck, you might be a key to us bagging a trophy. :D

2. Silva 5

Silva 5 Member+

Mar 10, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought he had a good game today and when Wenger was subbing Theo on I knew it would be for Eboue and every imagineable thought of how to keep him on ran through my mind.

It's easy to praise him now, but I've always felt like he was an invaluable piece to the puzzle. Plays multiple positions effectively and seems to be a rather selfless teammate.

3. topcatcole

topcatcole BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 26, 2003
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Always been a fan-even when others wanted to get rid of him. Last summer at training camp he was always the guy keeping it light while working hard.

He was one of the few players today that really seemed to have a sense of urgency. The Walcott sub was a good move, but Eboue was not the one I would have taken off.

Was so happy for him with the goal at mid-week. :D

4. mintone

mintone New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Seattle
    I says a lot about a mans character to put his head down and work hard in the face of adversity. Eboue has done that.

Sagna is a better pure defender most days but not by much. Eboue blows him away going forward and in versatility.

I am glad we have him.

5. FC TDG

FC TDG Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Westerville, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eboue has been a real warrior for this team this season, and he's played a vital role in some crucial runs, with his ability to step in at nearly every position. I'm really happy to see how he's turned it around, I've always been a big fan of his. I'm looking forward to several more years of his services.

6. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  7. greekgooner

greekgooner Member

May 25, 2009
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    For me, Eboue has one part of his game that I'd rate a 20 on FM.

His first touch and positioning.

When he gets that ball, turns, taps and steps towards his direction, his shoulders are square, his head is up, his feet are moving.

Its everything you would tell a kid to do if he were learning. Point at Eboue and say, thats how you turn on the ball.

Eduardo has a pretty good turn too, but Eboue is the most technical.

Check out this clip

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCp1lQw9h8U"]YouTube- Eboue's skills[/ame]

BTW, the boy can run! That drive down the middle for the 4th Porto Goal was fantastic.

8. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    Eboue's the coolest cat at the club. One of my fav players definitely, dedicated, hardworking, and has a devilish streak...what's not to like.

I encourage play acting and diving, I don't give a toss, I don't care what you think the Arsenal way is. He's effective as ********.

9. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
  10. Scally

Scally Member+

Aug 29, 2006
    Rep. of Ireland
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    That was cool, he stayed out for ages and was the only person on the pitch when he finaly went back to the tunnel

11. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    lets get a contract sorted for this guy.... post haste.

12. Lanesra

Lanesra BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 13, 2003
    LONDON
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuEif0Rpr00&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Emmanuel Eboue - Unsung hero[/ame]

13. KirbyNYC

KirbyNYC Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC
    Anyone have a clip of the Eboue Song to "Seven Nation Army?" Thats a great one.

14. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good video Tel. I'm glad to see he was able to turn himself around and concentrate on football. He has for the most part given up the antics and is working hard to perform.

Eboue and Song are just a few more examples of Wenger Knows. Many of us are eating humble pie.

15. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    If next year's shirt is worth getting, I'm totally getting Eboue or Diaby on the back.

16. railhawksfan

railhawksfan Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Diaby, Song and Eboue were constantly picked on by this board along with Denilson to a certain extent lately. It is great to see those three make a positive impact. Especially, Eboue. He is a great presence in the locker room by all accounts and his 1v1 skills are better than that of most forwards in the EPL.

17. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    Eboue has most definitely come good since his double substitution. I dont think there are many people that didnt think that was the end of him, but for whatever reason, and whatever method, he has had a amazing turnaround since then.
    His skill level is more consistant, but more importantly his work rate has gone up and his play acting has gone down. He still wins a lot of fouls, but now they are genuine fouls, not dives. The imaginary yellow card waving seems to have vanished too. As someone who wanted him gone, I'm very happy for him, and as long as he continues in this way, very happy for him to stay. Seeing the way the fans applaud him, I cant believe he will go back to his old ways

well done Eboue

18. topcatcole

topcatcole BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 26, 2003
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's pretty funny to go back and read the first couple pages of this thread. :D

19. Scally

Scally Member+

Aug 29, 2006
    Rep. of Ireland
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    [​IMG]

Eboue, master of the Vulcan nerve pinch

Is there anything this guy cant do...he will have a job for life at The Emirates

20. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is that pic from the Wigan match yesterday?

And WTF w/ Eboue's miraculous recovery?!!! We all know he likes to fake injury but this really takes the cake. :p

21. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He loses a coolness point or two for wearing tights.

22. Scally

Scally Member+

Aug 29, 2006
    Rep. of Ireland
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Yea, he told one of the pitch invaders to get f*cked...or something to that effect :)

23. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  24. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    not anything relevant to eboue, really, but i thought it was interesting that wilshere threw those darts right-handed.